The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
the_sign

35 days until the Day of the Lord (Malachi 4:5)

As prophetic as it originally is, it is current.

And given it was foretold more than 2,500 years ago, it is very current.

I'm sorry, what?

Staff
As prophetic as it originally is, it is current.

And given it was foretold more than 2,500 years ago, it is very current.

Nothing about 35 days there but thanks. I would not want to miss it like I missed all those other "day of the Lord" predictions.
  • Like 1

Staff

Well look at that 40 days and nothing. What a shock.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Nancy Pelosi Contends The First 100 Days Have Had Many Victories Despite Nothing Getting Done

By Molly Prince - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi contended on Sunday that despite taking control of the House of Representatives three months ago, the Democratic agenda has thus far been successful. “We’ve only been together 100 days,” Pelosi responded on ’60 Minutes’ when confronted with the accusations that she refuses to reach across the aisle. “The fact that we’ve even passed them in the House is a victory.” (RELATED: Trump Has Unprecedented Success in His First 100 Days) “Let’s figure ou

in Political Conservative News

• Watch: Democrats Met With Celebrities for Three Days to Form Their Legislative Agenda – Here’s What They Came Up With

By R. Mitchell - House Democrats met with celebrities John Legend, Chrissy Teigen and others during a 3-day policy retreat during which they formed their legislative agenda. After having accomplished nothing during the first 100 days of House control, Democrats are desperate to show voters that they can do anything legislatively. So far, the House has been overwhelmed with investigations into the president that has yielded no evidence of any wrongdoing. Calling the policy positions

in Political Conservative News

• Why The Lord Allows Sin to Remain in the Regenerate

by Thomas Boston WE have seen already, that though there is a great change wrought on the elect in their regeneration yet that change is imperfect; there shall be no perfect delivery from indwelling sin till death; the body of death; though crucified, yet lives till the death of the body: and it is not so driven out to the outworks, but that it remains, and hath its seat in the main hold, in the soul, even in the mind and will. Experience suffereth not gracious souls to doubt of the being of si

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology

• For the LORD is good

Psa 100:4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  Psa 100:5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.      Looking over the prayer request this morning , I am impressed with the members here , Maybe this is not the best thread to post about this but o well.  Many are so very knowledgeable of the Word and not in stuffed shirt ways. They use knowledge shar

in Prayer Wall

• Why do most modern Christians only follow 9 of the 10 commandments? [Sabbath Day]

I was told that I was required to work today and I called in and said that I would not work because I guard the 10 commandments. I live in an "at will" state and have a high probability of being fired for doing this, but I believe that I have done the right thing at this time. If I have not done the right thing, why is this so and where can it be found in scripture? My interpretation of what Jesus spoke against was not the law of Moses, but against the ridiculous additions that were made to it b

in Bible Study