The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Franklin Graham: 'This is Islam: They Persecute the Church, They Persecute Christians'

Franklin Graham said in an interview that Muslims are continuing to persecute Christians and that the U.S. should prioritize welcoming Christians, Yazidis, and other minorities into the country as refugees.

More...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• 10 Reasons Your Church Should Sing Psalms

When we think of the Psalms, most of us think solely of reading them. But we should also sing them, particularly in the gathering of the church. Indeed, for 3,000 years the Psalter has been the songbook of God’s people. Here are 10 reasons why it’s important to sing the Psalms in your church today. 1. The Bible Tells Us to That’s the strongest argument we’ve got. And it’s a good one! When we don’t take the Psalms seriously, our commitment to the Bible is called into question as well. 2. Psal

in Christian Current Events

• How to Love Opioid Addicts in Your Community—and Church

It was 2 a.m. when I received the call. A young man in our church had gotten high on heroin, cut his wrist, and posted on Facebook that he was ready to die. Since his relapse a few months prior, members of the church had been trying to help him. I rushed out of bed and spent the night driving the streets of our little town, alongside law enforcement, looking for him. Miraculously, he didn’t die. But the journey of helping him escape his addiction is ongoing and painful. It has already included

• Church Ushers Roam Aisles Asking If Anyone Needs A Pillow

ORANGE, CA—Ushers at Delta Community Church were seen Sunday morning roaming the aisles asking if anyone needed a pillow, beverage, snack, or pair of earplugs during the church service. The post Church Ushers Roam Aisles Asking If Anyone Needs A Pillow appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• When Should Christians Use Satire?

Shane, a listener to the podcast writes in: “Pastor John, with the growing popularity of Christian satire, for example, websites like ‘The Babylon Bee,’ what are your thoughts on the use of satire to communicate Christian thought?”   The dictionary defines satire like this: “The use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.” And then, if you look for a definition of irony, which was used to define satire, the definition it gives is this: “

in Christian Satire

• Church Planter, Don’t Underestimate the Overlooked

I’ll never forget the day the Holy Spirit smacked me across the head with a middle-aged woman. Anna is a 32-year-old with a developmental disability. She came to faith a couple years into our church plant. Baptizing her was one of the clearest points of God’s kindness in my ministry so far. Anna is a wonderful, faithful member of our church—but she’s not going to direct a ministry or lead a Bible study anytime soon. In fact, she struggles to read and comprehend the Bible for herself. Anna doe