The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Lets keep responses on topic!

Staff

Hello,

The first post starts the thread; this may be called the TS (thread starter) or OP (original post). Posts that follow in the thread are meant to continue discussion about that post, or respond to other replies; it is not uncommon for discussions to be derailed. Lets keep threads on topic. If you feel a response or post has targeted you or derailed your thread, please report the post to moderation. The lower right of a published post has a "flag" option. Please do not be shy to use it. Moderators will receive a message and then review the culprit post. To members that make such a response as to derail the thread, your posts may be deleted without warning.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Going off topic

OK Ok so i go  off topic some times .. I speak from the heart , surprise  my heart is emotional.   Having been on staff for a few years i know better, Fully understanding the logic for staying on topic knowing what should be  is different then doing so.  Threads often progress like snowballs or even an avalanche ! What can i say but blame the fact i am female.     

in The Whining Board

• America Fondly Recalls Time When Most Divisive Topic Of Discussion Was Sega Vs. Nintendo

U.S.—As the nation continues to become more and more divided, nostalgic Americans have reportedly begun to long for the halcyon days when the most pressing issue that threatened to rip the country apart was whether Sega or Nintendo made the best video games. The wave of nostalgia for the simpler time comes at a moment […] The post America Fondly Recalls Time When Most Divisive Topic Of Discussion Was Sega Vs. Nintendo appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Rate This Topic

Members now have the option of rating a topic. Located top left of a topic are five stars which can used to rate a topic 1-5 stars. Please do not use this rating system to "encourage" others, but use it to rate the actual content 1-5 stars.  

in Site Updates and Info

• Today's Topic: TRIBULATION

The early believers in Christ had to make do with verbal instructions on how to deal with the tribulations they were facing as members of an outlawed sect.   By the time these instructions were eventually circulated in written form, the reality of particular trials, testings, and tribulations as the lot of those who were being generally identified as Christians, and persecuted as such, was something that raised questions both within and without the body of Christ.   These two

in General Faith

• Today's Topic: OPPORTUNITY

Laodicean Ekklesia - what is going on with you? You are neither hot nor cold in your works. Your lukewarmness is unacceptable. You are so comfortable in your prosperity that you entertain fanciful notions and conceited opinions of yourself.   You need to sort yourself out with worthwhile things, things of much greater value and practicality. You're actually in quite a bad way and you need to be cleaned up, covered up, and enlightened.   Don't get the idea you're not loved. Yo

in General Faith