The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
William

On The Twenty-Third Psalm

Staff

In "pastures green"?

Not always; sometimes He

Who knoweth best, in kindness leadeth me

In weary ways, where heavy shadows be.

And by "still waters"? No, not always so;

Oft times the heavy tempests round me blow,

And o'er my soul the waves and billows go.

But when the storm beats loudest, and I cry

Aloud for help, the Master standeth by,

And whispers to my soul, "Lo, it is I."

So, where He leads me, I can safely go,

And in the blest hereafter I shall know,

Why, in His wisdom, He hath led me so.

Author unknown

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• 8 Steps for Real Repentance from Psalm 51

My brother and I had a nightly childhood ritual of asking one another’s forgiveness for a list of vague sins. Having been warned not to let the sun go down on our anger, we made sure to cover all possibilities of sins we may have committed during the day. “Aaron, I’m sorry for yelling at you, hitting you, being selfish with the Nintendo, and tattling on you today. Will you forgive me?” His answer, along with his own confession, came back to my room in return. Thus we slept in the peace of the sl

in Christian Current Events

• Psalm 34: Jesus is the Lord (YHWH)

Psalm 34 is a "Jesus Psalm" in that it refers to Him as YHWH, worship is properly rendered unto Him, His omniscience is taught, etc.  In each verse or verses below I make reference to that which applies unto the Lord Jesus.   Psalm 34 (NASB) 1 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice.  We are to praise the Lord Jesus in doxology (2 Timothy 4:18; 2

in God (Trinitarian doctrines)

• Jehovah "alone" created all things (Psalm 83:18)

The reason for my edit is for a title change of this thread. I would prefer that it reads,   Jehovah "alone" encompasses the Lord Jesus (Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 44:24)   Thank you. Faber       Psalm 83:18 That they may know that You alone, whose name is the LORD, Are the Most High over all the earth. (NASB)     The Jehovah's Witness will tell us that the Father "alone" is Jehovah in Psalm 83:18 and associate this passage with the fact that He created all things:   "Jehovah is

in Arianism

• Man Scrawls Imprecatory Psalm Across IRS Form 1040 While Filing Taxes

LOS ANGELES, CA—Upon receiving the necessary forms from his employer and beginning to file to pay his federal taxes, local man Kyle Jacobs scrawled an imprecatory psalm across the Internal Revenue Service’s form 1040, sources close to the man confirmed Tuesday. As he saw how much of his money was forcibly taken from him and […]   . . . finish reading Man Scrawls Imprecatory Psalm Across IRS Form 1040 While Filing Taxes.       More...

in Christian Satire

• Easter Psalm For Chidren

Easter Song for Children   Here comes the Easter bunny Bringing lots of Easter egss for you and for me. Here comes the Easter bunny hopping down the street. Bringing lots of Easter eggs for you and me to eat.   Hey lets go find some Easter eggs! I see an Easter egg sitting by a tree. That little Easter egg, that ones for me. I see an Easter egg sitting in a shoe. That little Easter egg, that ones for you.   Here comes the Easter bunny happy as can be. Bringing lots of Ea

in General Faith