The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Kym M.

Colossians 3:23 NIV

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Baptism and Circumcision According to Colossians 2:11–12

What follows is taken from a larger essay, “A Contemporary Reformed Defense of Infant Baptism:”   What is the Connection Between Circumcision and Baptism?   The connection between baptism and circumcision is quite clear in Colossians 2:11–12. The connection is not direct, but indirect and the point of contact between them is Christ and baptism is the sign and seal of that circumcision. In v.11 Paul says “in him [i.e. in Christ] you were also circumcised with the circumcision done by Christ

in Covenant/Household Baptism

• KJV-Only Church Requires Clear Bible Covers To Verify No One Concealing NIV

MOORE, OK—In a new security measure designed to increase congregational safety, Ye Olde Baptist Church AV 1611 has begun requiring congregants to utilize clear Bible covers while attending services in order to verify no one is concealing a different translation like the “extremely dangerous” NIV. Visitors and members are asked to pass through a version […]   The post KJV-Only Church Requires Clear Bible Covers To Verify No One Concealing NIV appeared first on The Babylon Bee.       More.

in Christian Satire

• Colossians 2:8

Colossians 2 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, [a]rather than according to Christ.   Here is a brief explanation for Augustine's Just War: https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~jasingle/justwar.html this is not something that I have any real knowledge about so I am hoping it is accurate in its representation of a Just War   A few of the conditions that need to

in Apologetics and Theology

• Jesus as both God and man (Colossians 2:9)

Colossians 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form. (NASB)   This passage demonstrates that the Lord Jesus is both God and man. The Greek word for "Deity" is theotēs and as properly defined it proves the Lord Jesus is God. Furthermore, this passage also teaches that the Lord Jesus "dwells" (right now) in bodily form. This proves that He is also a man.   1. J. P. Louw and Eugene Nida: the nature or state of being God (Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Base

in God (Trinitarian doctrines)

• KJV-Only Pastor Tests Positive For NIV

HOLLY SPRINGS, MS—In a somber announcement, Pastor Philip Wallace confirmed to his congregation at Hartford Ave Fundamentalist Baptist Church, AV1611 Wednesday evening that he has tested positive for NIV. The man has pastored the congregation of seventeen people for the past thirty years, staunchly defending the purity of the Scriptures as handed down to mankind […]   . . . finish reading KJV-Only Pastor Tests Positive For NIV.       More...

in Christian Satire