The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Is There a Baby in the Charismatic Bathwater? (Phil Johnson)

William
Staff

One of the most widely read critiques of the “Strange Fire”conference came from Michael Brown. I know many of you have read that because probably more than two dozen people have asked me about it.  He posted a series of articles with Charisma Magazine website.  He was particularly distressed about John MacArthur’s suggestion that some of the Charismatic hijinks are blasphemous.  And John, of course, is responding to the common Charismatic complaint that any critique of Charismatic phenomena runs a serious risk of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.  In fact, one of the main points John makes in the book, and you’ll see this as you read it, is that to attribute the works of the flesh, or the works of the devil to the Holy Spirit actually denigrates the Holy Spirit rather than exalting Him. and that is obviously a kind of blasphemy.  That’s not the wrong word to apply to it. Read more:

WWW.GTY.ORG

All right, as you…as you might expect, when we announced that we were holding this conference to coincide with the release of a new book on the...

E Morales

We all seek to have a little more power, The power of God's is share by preaching His Words, without works of righteousness. 

Animated GIF

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, William said:

One of the most widely read critiques of the “Strange Fire”conference came from Michael Brown. I know many of you have read that because probably more than two dozen people have asked me about it.  He posted a series of articles with Charisma Magazine website.  He was particularly distressed about John MacArthur’s suggestion that some of the Charismatic hijinks are blasphemous.  And John, of course, is responding to the common Charismatic complaint that any critique of Charismatic phenomena runs a serious risk of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.  In fact, one of the main points John makes in the book, and you’ll see this as you read it, is that to attribute the works of the flesh, or the works of the devil to the Holy Spirit actually denigrates the Holy Spirit rather than exalting Him. and that is obviously a kind of blasphemy.  That’s not the wrong word to apply to it. Read more:

WWW.GTY.ORG

All right, as you…as you might expect, when we announced that we were holding this conference to coincide with the release of a new book on the...

MacArthur is right. Hal Lindsey and his belief concerning salvation is troubling though.  Hal has an extremely liberal view of salvation in that he attributes nothing to any member of the God-Head except simply mentioning of God. He goes as far and saying that if anyone has truly puts their trust in God that God will move heaven and earth and do all manner of presenting Himself and save that individual. I guess you can see that I highly disagree with that statement . I listen ,with care and caution , to what he has to say concerning end time prophecy. Too bad that we have only a few religious leaders that can accurately define passages from Daniel and Revelation . I do watch Irvin Baxter ,but what I find troubling about him is his lectures on end time prophecy that is usually delivered at Assembly Of God Churches . That tells me that there must be serious errors in his reasoning of the last days we may be living in now. Or are we ?       M

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall

E Morales

@Matthew A.Duvall  I believe that we are living the last days, or years. Many men of God are afraid to mention this. Because date setting follows, and we know that those that set dates of the end are false teachers. The Bible tells us that not even the angels know this special day. But we do have the signs, like many signs we are seeing today around the world. Just keep your eyes on Israel, for the world revolves around it. When the haters gather against it, our days are numbered. Note: I have no degree in theology, but you don’t need to have this. For God, seeks the humble and prepares them, for they fear God.

Origen
Staff
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

I believe that we are living the last days, or years.

This is true of Christians (at least some) from every generation.  It really means nothing.

Many men of God are afraid to mention this.

Or maybe they are just cautious knowing they could be wrong like so many others before them.

But we do have the signs, like many signs we are seeing today around the world.

The same signs that everyone has gotten wrong since the beginning.

Just keep your eyes on Israel, for the world revolves around it.

sexy neal caffrey GIF

E Morales

@Origen @Origen Lastly, many will be left behind and say Lord,  didn’t I do this or didn’t I do that? And the Lord will say to them, depart from me, for I never new you. Many will be weeping and their gnashing of teeth’s.  : )

Origen
Staff
16 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Lastly, many will be left behind and say Lord,  didn’t I do this or didn’t I do that? And the Lord will say to them, depart from me, for I never new you. Many will be weeping and their gnashing of teeth’s.  : )

Are you suggesting that is somehow concerns me simply because I disagree with you?  Is a condition of my salvation based upon your eschatological claims?

William
Staff
19 minutes ago, Origen said:

Are you suggesting that is somehow concerns me simply because I disagree with you?  Is a condition of my salvation based upon your eschatological claims?

are you threatening me bring it GIF

2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Note: I have no degree in theology, but you don’t need to have this.

Is a low view of theology the cause or resulting symptom of your eschatological position?

E Morales
56 minutes ago, Origen said:

Many of our love ones, will be also left behind. It’s there choice, they believe it or not. Just like the life we choose, the life seeking to do good, or to do evil, to be a Christian, or to be a drug addicted. I don’t know what you believe, or do I know you guys, but the Lord knows your heart’s.

William
Staff

@Origen I think we need to start deleting posts which derail and haven't anything to do with the OP. 

Origen
Staff

Many of our love ones, will be also left behind. It’s there choice, they believe it or not. Just like the life we choose, the life seeking to do good, or to do evil, to be a Christian, or to be a drug addicted. I don’t know what you believe, or do I know you guys, but the Lord knows your heart’s.

In post 6 you placed me among those who the Lord did not know and at that point you did not know my heart.  Now you want to talk about "hearts."  You were very quick to place me among those weeping and gnashing their teeth only because I did not agree with your eschatological position.  It is amazing how you have changed your tune.

By the way the answer to my questions (which you ignored) only require a yes or no.

E Morales
15 minutes ago, Origen said:

In post 6 you placed me among those who the Lord did not know and at that point you did not know my heart.  Now you want to talk about "hearts."  You were very quick to place me among those weeping and gnashing their teeth only because I did not agree with your eschatological position.  It is amazing how you have changed your tune.

By the way the answer to my questions (which you ignored) only require a yes or no?

I was just replying to your post, yours ended with a smile, so did mine. Fear Not

E Morales
27 minutes ago, William said:

@Origen I think we need to start deleting posts which derail and haven't anything to do with the OP. 

You’re right, this need to be placed else where ,but not deleted. It’s has very good information for some.

Origen
Staff
53 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I was just replying to your post, yours ended with a smile, so did mine.

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

You did not even try and answer my two question.  The answer to my questions (which you ignored) only require a yes or no.

Let's try again.

Are you suggesting that is somehow concerns me simply because I disagree with you?

Is a condition of my salvation based upon your eschatological claims?

E Morales
1 hour ago, Origen said:

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

You did not even try and answer my two question.  The answer to my questions (which you ignored) only require a yes or no.

Let's try again.

Are you suggesting that is somehow concerns me simply because I disagree with you?

Is a condition of my salvation based upon your eschatological claims?

No, and Trump 2020 

Origen
Staff
2 hours ago, E Morales said:

No

Thank you for your answer.  Why then, given your answer is "no" to both of my questions, did you cite Matthew 7:23 specifically to me if you did not think it was applicable to me?

E Morales

Lastly, many will be left behind and say Lord,  didn’t I do this or didn’t I do that? And the Lord will say to them, depart from me, for I never new you. Many will be weeping and their gnashing of teeth’s.

Becky
Staff
18 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

MacArthur is right. Hal Lindsey and his belief concerning salvation is troubling though.  Hal has an extremely liberal view of salvation in that he attributes nothing to any member of the God-Head except simply mentioning of God. He goes as far and saying that if anyone has truly puts their trust in God that God will move heaven and earth and do all manner of presenting Himself and save that individual. I guess you can see that I highly disagree with that statement . I listen ,with care and caution , to what he has to say concerning end time prophecy. Too bad that we have only a few religious leaders that can accurately define passages from Daniel and Revelation . I do watch Irvin Baxter ,but what I find troubling about him is his lectures on end time prophecy that is usually delivered at Assembly Of God Churches . That tells me that there must be serious errors in his reasoning of the last days we may be living in now. Or are we ?       M

Wish i had the first edition of Late great planet earth 🙂 Most the so called teaching coming out of the Charismatic Movement is sinsational trash. . A few miles from our home is a , so called church , one of those that blow feathers through the air system. My heart breaks at what i see in the AofG . 

• Like 1

Origen
Staff
47 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Lastly, many will be left behind and say Lord,  didn’t I do this or didn’t I do that? And the Lord will say to them, depart from me, for I never new you. Many will be weeping and their gnashing of teeth’s.

Do you have a point?  If so spit it out.

E Morales

Lastly, many will be left behind and say Lord,  didn’t I do this or didn’t I do that? And the Lord will say to them, depart from me, for I never new you. Many will be weeping and their gnashing of teeth’s.  No point, and I don’t like to spit. Everything is good. Tomorrow is the Lord day. I’ll see you in church. I meant you in yours, and I in mines. 

Origen
Staff
17 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Everything is good.

Slap Newcastle GIF by SKIVE