The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Antus67

Are you a Liberal or Conservative -Comparison

...LIBERALS–Generally believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the governmentto reduce community issues and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights.Also believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve people's problems.Liberals are often referred to as being on the LEFTwhen put into a political spectrum.Democrats are often viewed as more libera.

CONSERVATIVES–Generally believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense.Also believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.Conservatives are often referred to as being on the RIGHTwhen put into a political spectrum.Republicans are often viewed as more conservative.

**** NOTE ****  the complete comparison is long you can read the complete article here:

http://wp.lps.org/tnettle/files/2013/12/Liberal-vs-Conservative.pdf

Are you going to turn this into a poll?

I see myself as a Conservative with Libertarian leanings.  I support small government in that they are here to represent us on the world stage and protect us from foreign enemies.  When it comes to the economy they should stay out of it and let capitalism and the free market do what it does best.

• Toast 1

Staff

When the Libertarians stated they were pro death of the inborn they lost me.  @Kontical said it very well Thanks

• Toast 1

I'm not turning this into a pole, I want to observe the remarks from guest/and members on their postion

Staff
4 hours ago, Knotical said:

Are you going to turn this into a poll?

I see myself as a Conservative with Libertarian leanings.  I support small government in that they are here to represent us on the world stage and protect us from foreign enemies.  When it comes to the economy they should stay out of it and let capitalism and the free market do what it does best.

Are you defining Libertarian in the classical sense? Because today's "Liberal" movement doesn't resemble in any way shape or form the classical libertarian movement beyond the name. 

4 minutes ago, William said:

Are you defining Libertarian in the classical sense? Because today's "Liberal" movement doesn't resemble in anyway shape or form the classical libertarian movement beyond the name. 

I have been a big supporters for the Pauls (Rand and Ron) who have been, historically, libertarian in their policy stances.  Of course plenty of people who have become disillusioned by their original parties (Dems and Reps) have joined the Libertarian ranks, but it has not benefited from the broad spectrum of political views of the people that are now part of that group.  The cross section of views is so vast it is no wonder the libertarian, much less the Tea Party, never really gained any traction as a major political party.

Staff
14 hours ago, Knotical said:

I have been a big supporters for the Pauls (Rand and Ron) who have been, historically, libertarian in their policy stances.  Of course plenty of people who have become disillusioned by their original parties (Dems and Reps) have joined the Libertarian ranks, but it has not benefited from the broad spectrum of political views of the people that are now part of that group.  The cross section of views is so vast it is no wonder the libertarian, much less the Tea Party, never really gained any traction as a major political party.

I don't agree with Rand Paul on his position for abortion and I don't agree with him on issues of national security. 

WWW.CONSERVATIVEREVIEW.COM

10 Republicans voted to override the president.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, Antus67 said:

...LIBERALS–Generally believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the governmentto reduce community issues and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights.Also believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve people's problems.Liberals are often referred to as being on the LEFTwhen put into a political spectrum.Democrats are often viewed as more libera.

CONSERVATIVES–Generally believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense.Also believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.Conservatives are often referred to as being on the RIGHTwhen put into a political spectrum.Republicans are often viewed as more conservative.

**** NOTE ****  the complete comparison is long you can read the complete article here:

http://wp.lps.org/tnettle/files/2013/12/Liberal-vs-Conservative.pdf

Conservative Republican ! I don't believe a word the democrats say . If (God forbid ) they do happen to occupy the oval office you can look forward to your Second Amendment  Rights being blatantly violated. They would wait until they were in office , " THEN " knock on your door and tell you to surrender your gun .  M

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall

Staff

image.png.48977355b2fda739fc2a17b3f7583e2e.png

• Like 1