The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

Elijah Cummings

Becky
Staff

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 
Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 
Rom 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. 
Pro 25:21  If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: 
Pro 25:22  For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee. 

• Like 2

Matthew A.Duvall
4 hours ago, theophilus said:

Jesus told us to pray for our enemies.  I believe Ruth Ginsberg meets that qualification, so any prayers for her are ordained by God.

" The Lord hath made all things unto Himself, yea , even the wicked for the day of doom (evil) "  Pv.16:4         M

theophilus
15 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

" The Lord hath made all things unto Himself, yea , even the wicked for the day of doom (evil) "  Pv.16:4         M

But until a person dies we have no way of knowing if he is one of the wicked or one of the elect.

Becky
Staff
1 hour ago, theophilus said:

But until a person dies we have no way of knowing if he is one of the wicked or one of the elect.

How about the tree producing the fruit? 

• Like 1

Matthew A.Duvall
9 hours ago, theophilus said:

You need not go very far to look for an evil person . You need to ask yourself the question; Are there more evil godless persons in this world than there are genuine saved born again believers in Christ ? The answer shouldn't shock you . Of course the ungodly are going to follow the path they have chosen . We live in a world that is the stronghold of Satan and his ministers . I am not as liberal as you are when seeing the evil in a person who has no use for God or His people and has no intentions of turning form their evil ways. You mentioned Ruth Beda Ginsberg and the possibility of her being redeemed while being advanced in years as she is. I see no good in this woman. Consider the anti God anti Christian and anti decency this woman has favored in every decision she made that drastically changed the lives of so many people.  . "A woman's right to choose ?" That "right" amounts to nothing more than murdering an innocent child ! And if you think God approves of such an act as being permissible then you are wrong ! Did He not say 'Thou shalt not kill ?'  Ginsberg had many times and many opportunities to repent and turn to Christ .But in spite of her failing health she should have seen that even the Jews believe in some kind of after life and failed to turn to God she chose to remain in her sins and will ultimately die in her sins. Hell is her eternal destiny .       M

theophilus
9 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

You mentioned Ruth Beda Ginsberg and the possibility of her being redeemed while being advanced in years as she is. I see no good in this woman.

I see no good in her either.  And if I had known Saul of Tarsus before his conversion I wouldn't have seen any good in him.  In fact, I would have considered him even worse that Ruth Ginsberg and less likely to be saved.  But God doesn't save us based on how good we are.  I pray regularly for Ruth Ginsberg's salvation and I will continue to do so.  God often demonstrates his grace and power by saving those who appear the least likely to be saved.

th1bill
On 11/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, Becky said:

How about the tree producing the fruit? 

And in the Sermon on the Mount, first paragraph, we are ordered to both clean our act up and then and only then to judge the acts (fruit) of others.  It clearly was introduced into Scripture by the Author of the Entire Volume to quash the Preknown Tendency of breaking YHWH's Word into small pieces to justify any and it looks to me, all sin.

May YHWH forgive us all for what we have done to His Love Letter to us all!