The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
E Morales

Dogs in the house of God

E Morales

Here is a true story, a member brings her dog into the church service. Small dog in her purse, my wife told the usher, but he did not know what to do. What would you do if you were part of the church, a leader and this happen there?   

dog purse.jpg

theophilus

A woman who used to attend my church always brought her dog with her.  She set him on the pew beside her and he stayed there during the service and didn't disturb anyone.  As far as I know, no one in the church objected to this.  She no longer attends the church because she moved to a different town.

E Morales
1 hour ago, theophilus said:

A woman who used to attend my church always brought her dog with her.  She set him on the pew beside her and he stayed there during the service and didn't disturb anyone.  As far as I know, no one in the church objected to this.  She no longer attends the church because she moved to a different town.

Probably she visiting ours.  😁

• Like 1

Becky

We are the house of God not some building.  Being a preachers kid we at times literally lived in the church building.. The sanctuary was a great place to play in bad weather. Those old fashion pews made the best forts. About like the photo..We were taught to be respectful at service time . We dont know why the lady has the dog.  image.png.23fa609233da7b310381e994c82347ee.png

• Like 1

William
Staff
1 hour ago, theophilus said:

My favorite doxology:

Doxology.png.ee407a9ba80a038452432725a4fe2ef6.png

Dogs are creatures are they not? 

• Like 3

Mountainmanbob

I don't want dogs sitting on the pews at our church.

And we don't let them in our house.

All goats, chickens, cats, dogs, frogs and toads stay outside.

OK -- we have two parakeets inside the house (in their cage).

MB 

Edited by Mountainmanbob

William
Staff

Cats though probably want to be the object of worship!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

E Morales
13 hours ago, Becky said:

We are the house of God not some building.  Being a preachers kid we at times literally lived in the church building.. The sanctuary was a great place to play in bad weather. Those old fashion pews made the best forts. About like the photo..We were taught to be respectful at service time . We dont know why the lady has the dog.  image.png.23fa609233da7b310381e994c82347ee.png

I normally say house of God to a building, and we that are Saved, we are the Temple of God.

• Love 1

theophilus
13 hours ago, William said:

Cats though probably want to be the object of worship!

In ancient Egypt cats were the object of worship.  Apparently modern cats haven't forgotten this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Origen

dance pray GIF by Faith Holland

William
Staff

Catch.jpg.c95183565f96cd89141ada2d1689d168.jpg

How to catch a god.

• Like 1

th1bill

During my youth I was befriended by a Collie my family rescued rescued off the street, starving.  Next was Hienze, a Cull Beagle, rescued by your's truly from being buried neck deep in the soft soil, just under the edge of an empty, decaying all wood house built on piers of Concrete Blocks.  Since I married my second wife and left my prefered profesion I have not lived a day without a dog or a cat in our house and my full blooded wolf that took up with us, having passed over, we have two dog in my chair with me.

• Love 2

andyindauk

We take our dog a westie  to church every week, sits as good as gold on the pew. Another couple take their 2 king Charles Spaniels. I can't say they are the most attentive members of the congregation, definitely not candidates for baptism. 

• Like 2

E Morales
1 hour ago, andyindauk said:

We take our dog a westie  to church every week, sits as good as gold on the pew. Another couple take their 2 king Charles Spaniels. I can't say they are the most attentive members of the congregation, definitely not candidates for baptism. 

Amazing, but is right to take your pets to church? I’ll accept a Care Dog if the person is blind. 

• Like 1

Faber
On 9/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, E Morales said:

What would you do if you were part of the church, a leader and this happen there?   

I hope I wouldn't be the one asked to do the clean up job if it relieved himself/herself. This place ain't Noah's ark.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1
  • Haha 1

William
Staff
10 minutes ago, Faber said:

I hope I wouldn't be the one asked to do the clean up job if it relieved himself/herself. This place ain't Noah's ark.

I'll accept a service dog but I think culture has gotten out of hand with pets and "emotional support" animals. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1
  • Love 1

Faber

After reading the animals listed in post #6 (Moutainmanbob) I thought to myself what if people insisted on brining those animals in as well as others?

If I were in charge I'd assign someone to hand them directions to the nearest zoo. 

• Haha 1

E Morales
Posted (edited)

Also if there is a liability, what if the dog bite someone. I think the church insurance will not be covered, for a lawsuit. Make my day...813912028_dogpurse.jpg.5d00f08589767ded2899258027e9d426.jpg

Edited by E Morales
  • Like 1

William
Staff
1 hour ago, Faber said:

After reading the animals listed in post #6 (Moutainmanbob) I thought to myself what if people insisted on brining those animals in as well as others?

If I were in charge I'd assign someone to hand them directions to the nearest zoo. 

I'd reinstitute animal sacrifices. 

• ouch 1
  • Confused 1

Becky

sheesh  Hey guys God had an Ark built for 'em 

• Like 1

Faber
21 minutes ago, William said:

I'd reinstitute animal sacrifices. 

"We will be offering lunch after the service today."

• Haha 1

Becky

image.png.e74d1c75e4cfaaf6655906869bf30620.png you guys are sick

• Toast 1

E Morales

For here or to go, your ruff ruff.  😁

th1bill

YHWH has blessed my wife and I with a number of beautiful, fun and funny criitters to live with us.  Sugar Bear, the female Tundra Wolf, some idiot had smuggled into CONUS and then, before it was 90 days old, broke a couple of it's ribs and left it in the Hot Summer Woods of SE Texas, yep, Sugar Bear was, by far the sweetest of the bunch, guarding my wife night and day.

If a Vet or any other Assisted Person enters the Sanctuary with their life partner... allo is good!  A pouch in a purse or on the pew/floor otherwise?  Judge, as we are commanded in Matthew 7 to do!  Do they worship their Lord the dog or someone else?

The issue is, will we get up off of our patooties and do as our LORD commands?

• Like 1