Jump to content

The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
E Morales

When your church turns Gay [Sodomy]

Recommended Posts

Knotical
On 10/24/2019 at 4:09 PM, FalconMan said:

The OPC church I used to attend was very liberal - I think the core of the denomination doctrine is pretty sound, but some of the churches take their own direction in practice, so one just needs to be careful.  Even as a denomination, there are more conservative denominations out there.

Are you sure it was an OPC church.  That denomination is, most likely, the most conservative Presbyterian denomination in the country.  I would expect something like this from the PSUSA, and possibly some of the more liberal churches within the PCA.

Share this post


Link to post
FalconMan
13 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Are you sure it was an OPC church.  That denomination is, most likely, the most conservative Presbyterian denomination in the country.  I would expect something like this from the PSUSA, and possibly some of the more liberal churches within the PCA.

Having been a member there for 11 years, yes I am sure it is an OPC church 😄 I did discover though that not all OPC churches are of the same mold.  Some even despise other churches within the denomination.  The denomination needs to do some pruning IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Knotical
1 minute ago, FalconMan said:

Having been a member there for 11 years, yes I am sure it is an OPC church 😄 I did discover though that not all OPC churches are of the same mold.  Some even despise other churches within the denomination.  The denomination needs to do some pruning IMO.

Most likely.  I was a member of one in the Northern California/Nevada Presbytery.  Their biggest issue was how some of the local churches were using funds and how the Presbytery had an arguably loose definition of being good stewards with the funds they were entrusted with.  It has gotten so bad the church I was attending no longer sent their tithe to that presbytery, but directly to the General Assembly.

Share this post


Link to post
FalconMan
2 hours ago, Knotical said:

Most likely.  I was a member of one in the Northern California/Nevada Presbytery.  Their biggest issue was how some of the local churches were using funds and how the Presbytery had an arguably loose definition of being good stewards with the funds they were entrusted with.  It has gotten so bad the church I was attending no longer sent their tithe to that presbytery, but directly to the General Assembly.

I was part of two OPC churches in the Northern CA/Nevada Presbytery.  The local churches (leadership perspective) I was involved in were liars, especially around funding, the Presbytery is unfortunately equally as horrific.  It is a good thing that the church you attended no longer sent funds to the Presbytery, they are deceivers.  When I asked about their funding, they accused me of being a congregationalist and threatened to censure me.  They need to be removed from the OPC denomination and condemned IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
6 hours ago, FalconMan said:

I was part of two OPC churches in the Northern CA/Nevada Presbytery.  The local churches (leadership perspective) I was involved in were liars, especially around funding, the Presbytery is unfortunately equally as horrific.  It is a good thing that the church you attended no longer sent funds to the Presbytery, they are deceivers.  When I asked about their funding, they accused me of being a congregationalist and threatened to censure me.  They need to be removed from the OPC denomination and condemned IMO.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am not shocked to hear this. We need men of God to speak out. I cannot say anything about this, for I don’t know how your denomination runs. Others denominations do share the same issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales

Have anyone purchase the gay bible or book yet? I recommend you don’t, not me, I am just surprised that no Christian churches or groups are protesting about this book. I’m not sure if it’s a type of a bible, or the gays just took the cross like they took the rainbow, from the Bible? They are selling it on Amazon, where I believe I got the photo for this post. Sins sneak in quietly and then divides.

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
5 hours ago, E Morales said:

Have anyone purchase the gay bible or book yet? I recommend you don’t, not me, I am just surprised that no Christian churches or groups are protesting about this book. I’m not sure if it’s a type of a bible, or the gays just took the cross like they took the rainbow, from the Bible? They are selling it on Amazon, where I believe I got the photo for this post. Sins sneak in quietly and then divides.

This is very old news and I betcha that searching can turn up material from half a decade or more on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
1 hour ago, William said:

This is very old news and I betcha that searching can turn up material from half a decade or more on it. 

Has it been accepted or anyone protested about it? Now I know that the gays life style, has been around before Christ. 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
12 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Has it been accepted or anyone protested about it? Now I know that the gays life style, has been around before Christ. 

The only ones accepting it are the ones that it appeals to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
44 minutes ago, William said:

The only ones accepting it are the ones that it appeals to. 

Your to easy on those that are lost, why don't you say that those following such false teaching are going to a place call Hell?

 

Turn Around Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
1 minute ago, E Morales said:

Your to easy on those that are lost, why don't you say that those following such false teaching are going to a place call Hell?

 

Turn Around Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Because I don't live and say things to satisfy you?

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
1 minute ago, William said:

Because I don't live and say things to satisfy you?

Not me, but to the Word. I can say to everyone, your almost right, God love everyone, this is not telling them the truth, or make me happy, neither sad.  

Share this post


Link to post
th1bill
22 hours ago, E Morales said:

Not me, but to the Word. I can say to everyone, your almost right, God love everyone, this is not telling them the truth, or make me happy, neither sad.  

Partner, William and Becky are not Baptists, I am and still I consider them close, scripturally sound followers of YHWH, Yashuah ha'Mashiah and Ruach.  We are three of The Followers of The Book the Radical Islamics want to bowl with our heads after they remove them from our bodies.

 

We are volunteer servants, Bond Servants, members of the Army of The Most High Elohim who cannot be terminated for Eternal Life is a posession of ours.

 

William's view of scripture falls squarely within the Pail of Orothodoxy.  His understanding seems, to me, to be a little more kind than my own.  Becky's view is extremely close to mine but, none the less, different in some respects.

 

Your view looks to veer away from my Ruach Instructed View.  But me not being anything more than One Servant of our Triune Elohim, YHWH, it is my duty to find the likeness' Our Master instills in every one of His Called (Saved) Servants, always observing the Fruit all of us produce that comes from our inner selves, using that measure to find where it aligns and where it fails to align with YHWH's Perfect Measure, the Bible.

 

The Bible is my Spiritual Yard Stick and is, from the day I accepted the invitation to have my ear spiritually pierced and to forever more quash my own will to allow His Perfect Will to govern me, just as William and Becky do.

 

They are slow to anger and forgiving if you allow it.

  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
34 minutes ago, th1bill said:

Partner, William and Becky are not Baptists, I am and still I consider them close, scripturally sound followers of YHWH, Yashuah ha'Mashiah and Ruach.  We are three of The Followers of The Book the Radical Islamics want to bowl with our heads after they remove them from our bodies.

 

We are volunteer servants, Bond Servants, members of the Army of The Most High Elohim who cannot be terminated for Eternal Life is a posession of ours.

 

William's view of scripture falls squarely within the Pail of Orothodoxy.  His understanding seems, to me, to be a little more kind than my own.  Becky's view is extremely close to mine but, none the less, different in some respects.

 

Your view looks to veer away from my Ruach Instructed View.  But me not being anything more than One Servant of our Triune Elohim, YHWH, it is my duty to find the likeness' Our Master instills in every one of His Called (Saved) Servants, always observing the Fruit all of us produce that comes from our inner selves, using that measure to find where it aligns and where it fails to align with YHWH's Perfect Measure, the Bible.

 

The Bible is my Spiritual Yard Stick and is, from the day I accepted the invitation to have my ear spiritually pierced and to forever more quash my own will to allow His Perfect Will to govern me, just as William and Becky do.

 

They are slow to anger and forgiving if you allow it.

Thank you for sharing, I believe that Salvation does not belongs to any religion or denomination. For we all fall short to the glory of God. We all carry the sins of Adam, and that Jesus Christ is the only mediator, to God the father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, given to all those that believe in the son only.

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
4 hours ago, E Morales said:

I believe that Salvation does not belongs to any religion or denomination.

 

4 hours ago, E Morales said:

Jesus Christ is the only mediator, to God the father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, given to all those that believe in the son only.

That rules out the teaching of other religions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Solas
On 10/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, E Morales said:

 

 

after lately GIF

 

Only when Love Lust

Edited by Solas

Share this post


Link to post
E Morales
On 11/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, William said:

 

That rules out the teaching of other religions. 

Religion is good, what I am trying to express here is that religions don’t save a lost person, but their faith in God. It is not only in one location. Baptist which am I, are not the only ones going to heaven. I think, I answered your question, my English is not the greatest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...