The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
E Morales

When your church turns Gay [Sodomy]

E Morales

I see that Christianity are softening their hearts to sins of the flesh and more. My question is when your church or denomination starts accept gay marriages, will  you leave, stop seeking God, support your church following the leader even if they are wrong, Stay home have church there, find a church that does not accept this sin or lifestyle. Its not to far away, for we are living in trouble times.

gay bible.jpg

• Like 1

Faber

If your church turns gay

It has undoubtedly gone astray

So it is best for you and your family

To stay far far away.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Toast 1

E Morales

That bible in post above is out there for sale right now. For those that are interested. Those that need to have the latest versions of the Bible. I’ll stay with my KJV.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

GaoLu
16 hours ago, E Morales said:

find a church that does not accept this sin or lifestyle

There are still very many good churches and Christians out there.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Knotical

If it were the denomination that is moving in that direction, I would recommend to the local church leadership to leave that organization and join a more conservative one.  If the local church itself moves in that direction I would take my family elsewhere.  Thankfully, I do not have to worry about that with our current church, even though it is part of the PCA, which is certainly more conservative than the PCUSA, but we do get churches that have left that denomination and come into ours that may still be leaning that way.  Personally, I would like to see our church join the OPC, which is arguably at the far end of the conservative spectrum as far as presbyterian denominations go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

atpollard

[2Ki 23:14-15 NIV] 14 Josiah smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles and covered the sites with human bones. 15 Even the altar at Bethel, the high place made by Jeroboam son of Nebat, who had caused Israel to sin--even that altar and high place he demolished. He burned the high place and ground it to powder, and burned the Asherah pole also.

... Just a thought. 😉

Titheivelt

The Bible is the truth that one must follow, study, and always open to live properly

• Love 1

atpollard
19 hours ago, Knotical said:

What are you suggesting there @atpollard

Have you ever read how the Lutherans dealt with out of control drinking in the midwest?

Knotical
3 minutes ago, atpollard said:

Have you ever read how the Lutherans dealt with out of control drinking in the midwest?

Nope.  Must have been a while ago, as I grew up in the midwest and never heard anything.

Erik

I’m pretty sure my church will perform a marriage for divorced couples (adultery). Not sure if a gay marriage would be any more/less wrong. Even so, I’d never attend a church that performs gay marriages. 

• Love 1

Mountainmanbob
On 9/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, E Morales said:

I see that Christianity are softening their hearts to sins of the flesh and more. My question is when your church or denomination starts accept gay marriages, will  you leave, stop seeking God, support your church following the leader even if they are wrong, Stay home have church there, find a church that does not accept this sin or lifestyle. Its not to far away, for we are living in trouble times.

gay bible.jpg

As long as the church doesn't say that

it was born that way.

M-Bob 

Innerfire89

Leave and find a church that's not apostate, it's not like no other Spirit filled Christians exist. 

Amanda Lee

I would definitely leave that church.

I attend a small home church for the reason of no sound teaching in the churches in my area 

• Like 1

Antus67

The Bible is quite clear on this issue: Leviticus 18:22 says, “[Men] shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.” Leviticus 20:13 says, “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act.” God’s Word says the homosexual act is detestable; it is an abomination. If a church condones this inand allows a male or all female to marry they are against what the Lord teaches.. Leave as quickly as possible and find a Bible teaching God fearing church.

Becky
Staff

Anyone know anything about this ?

REFORMATIONCHARLOTTE.ORG

Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) is an organization that touts itself as an interdenominational Christian ministry that is primarily found

• Like 1

Knotical

Sounds like any other apostate "Christian" organization.

E Morales
Posted (edited)

This is just the beginning of more to come. Who will be next to fall, the Southern Baptist church perhaps? All you will need to do is, put in charge a liberal pastor or preacher in the convention. That is why I’m a Independent Baptist, we know what is wrong according to God’s Word. We will not follow men that are liberals to lead in our churches, or our Country.  

Edited by E Morales

Becky
Staff

Is the article fact or a smear.  Is it a misunderstand of some verbiage?  I hate to see some of what i am seeing. 

• Like 1

Knotical
4 minutes ago, E Morales said:

This is just the beginning of more to come. Who will be next to fall, the Southern Baptist church perhaps? All you will need to do is, put in charge a liberal pastor or preacher in the convention. That is why I’m a Independent Baptist, we know what is wrong according to God’s Word. We will not follow men that are liberals to lead in our churches, or our Country.  

There is plenty of room in the more conservative denominations.  OPC, PCA, URC, etc....  Find a local one, you will be pleasantly surprised how faithfully they adhere to God's word.

• Like 1

William
Staff
40 minutes ago, Knotical said:

OPC, PCA, URC, etc....

The heavyweight list.

street fighter win GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Like 1

andyindauk

In the past I have posted articles and responses, most of which have been deleted, urging the Church not to be homophobic but rather to reach out to the gay community that they may be saved. Most of these drew a quite hostile and offensive response, but I still stand by what I said. On the subject of homosexuality too many Christians dispense with God's love and forgiveness and want to (metaphorically) have a public stoning to death.

The OP's post addresses a totally different issue. In it a hypothetical church's leadership is pursuing a total change in direction, away from Biblical teachings and towards a libertarian, anything goes approach. 

Read Revelation 2 18:29. The letter to the Church of Thyatira. John doesn't tell the members to leave, he tells them to repent and boot out the offenders. I suppose it's more effective to oppose an attack of Satan on a church from within rather than driving past, shaking your head.

E Morales
3 hours ago, andyindauk said:

In the past I have posted articles and responses, most of which have been deleted, urging the Church not to be homophobic but rather to reach out to the gay community that they may be saved. Most of these drew a quite hostile and offensive response, but I still stand by what I said. On the subject of homosexuality too many Christians dispense with God's love and forgiveness and want to (metaphorically) have a public stoning to death.

The OP's post addresses a totally different issue. In it a hypothetical church's leadership is pursuing a total change in direction, away from Biblical teachings and towards a libertarian, anything goes approach. 

Read Revelation 2 18:29. The letter to the Church of Thyatira. John doesn't tell the members to leave, he tells them to repent and boot out the offenders. I suppose it's more effective to oppose an attack of Satan on a church from within rather than driving past, shaking your head.

I believe that a gay person can get saved, but just like the non gay person that comes to Christ, we must change and apply his Words to our life. Repent to our evil ways. No to gay marriages

William
Staff
On 10/19/2019 at 1:35 AM, andyindauk said:

In the past I have posted articles and responses, most of which have been deleted, urging the Church not to be homophobic but rather to reach out to the gay community that they may be saved.

Why don't you?

andyindauk
2 hours ago, William said:

Why don't you?

Like I say I did but a lot of people thought I was promoting gay sex as OK which I wasn't. Anyway they got deleted, but I still feel strongly that the church does border on homophobic in that it's (sometimes deservedly) perceived as anti-gay.  We shouldn't be anti-anything, rather we must tell everyone, gay or straight of the good news of the Gospel. I accept that a gay believer has an additional problem to deal with, with the help of the Holy Spirit, but that's between the believer and God, the church can advise, help and pray, but it shouldn't condem them.

And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?” But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.  For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. ” And they went to another village. Luke 9:54‭-‬56 NKJV

• Like 2