The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Berserk

The Authenticity of the Shroud of Turin: New Evidence

This video is a composite of several videos.  Please watch the first 4, down to Barry Schwortz's testimony to how his role as a member of the scientific team investigating the Shroud transformed him from an unbelieving Jew to a Jew  who found God through this research.

(1) Do you care about the means by which you are saved?                   "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 1:7)."

If the Shroud is authentic, then it is stained by the redemptive blood of Jesus.  Wouldn't that fact make the Shroud indescribably precious to true Christians who supremely values Christ's atoning death?

(2) Do you care about the salvation of the lost?  Many skeptics dismiss the New Testament witness to Christ's resurrection as as full of inconsistencies and legendary details.  Yet they are more intrigued by the case for the Shroud's authenticity.  An irreligious Jew, Barry Schwortz, was part of the scientific team that investigated the Shroud's date.  He had not interest or respect for the New Testament, by came to faith in God through the evidence of the Shroud's authenticity.  Would you rather be right about your apologetic priorities or see unbelievers saved in part through evidence from the Shroud?

For these 2 reasons alone, Christians should be very interested in the case for the Shroud's authenticity.  Yet no one on this site seems willing to watch the posted Shroud video.  I suspect that this indifference alone will cause me to desert the site.

Have you heard of the Sudarium of Oviedo, the alleged face cloth that wrapped Jesus' body?  It has the same rare blood type AB as the stains on the Shroud and its pattern neatly corresponds to the blood stain spatter pattern on the Shroud.  This sudarium was brought from Jerusalem in the 6th century AD.   So both the Shroud and this face cloth once wrapped the same corpse!  For the details, watch this mesmerizing videoL

WWW.BING.COM

WWW.USATODAY.COM

New scientific tests on the Shroud of Turin, which was on display Saturday in a special TV appearance introduced by the Pope, dates the...

Edited by Berserk

Staff
5 hours ago, Berserk said:

(1) Do you care about the means by which you are saved?                   "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 1:7)."

If the Shroud is authentic, then it is stained by the redemptive blood of Jesus.  Wouldn't that fact make the Shroud indescribably precious to true Christians who supremely values Christ's atoning death?

(2) Do you care about the salvation of the lost?  Many skeptics dismiss the New Testament witness to Christ's resurrection as as full of inconsistencies and legendary details.  Yet they are more intrigued by the case for the Shroud's authenticity.  An irreligious Jew, Barry Schwortz, was part of the scientific team that investigated the Shroud's date.  He had not interest or respect for the New Testament, by came to faith in God through the evidence of the Shroud's authenticity.  Would you rather be right about your apologetic priorities or see unbelievers saved in part through evidence from the Shroud?

For these 2 reasons alone, Christians should be very interested in the case for the Shroud's authenticity.  Yet no one on this site seems willing to watch the posted Shroud video.  I suspect that this indifference alone will cause me to desert the site.

Have you heard of the Sudarium of Oviedo, the alleged face cloth that wrapped Jesus' body?  It has the same rare blood type AB as the stains on the Shroud and its pattern neatly corresponds to the blood stain spatter pattern on the Shroud.  This sudarium was brought from Jerusalem in the 6th century AD.   So both the Shroud and this face cloth once wrapped the same corpse!  For the details, watch this mesmerizing videoL

WWW.BING.COM

WWW.USATODAY.COM

New scientific tests on the Shroud of Turin, which was on display Saturday in a special TV appearance introduced by the Pope, dates the...

I'd cut it up into half inch squares and sell each square for thousands each on CBN or TBN. Right next to the special handkerchiefs in isle Acts 19:12.

paid pay day GIF

• Wow 1

Staff
5 hours ago, Berserk said:

Wouldn't that fact make the Shroud indescribably precious to true Christians who supremely values Christ's atoning death?

Sell it to a DNA lab and try to clone Jesus.

jerry maguire money GIF

I am not very persuaded by these kinds of things. I have the Bible and the inner testimony of the Holy Spirit.

I think that God might prevent the discovery of certain things such as the body of Moses, Noah's Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, the cup in which He and the apostles drank from at the Last Supper, the spear that plunged in the side of Jesus, the cross that He was crucified on, His clothes, droplets of His blood and/or sweat. The list goes on and on. The reason why I say this is because we are a stubborn and obstinate people who are so easily duped into worshiping idols. If something like the above (or others) were found then I am almost certain that there will be some/many people who worship the object/s.

2 Kings 18:4 comes to mind.