The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Knotical

The Marvel Movies will be losing a lot of fans

It has been announced that the first openly gay character will be in the next Captain Marvel movie.  This is really disappointing, though not unexpected.  Unfortunately, we are continuing to see the gay community shove their lifestyle in our faces.  As much as I have enjoyed the MCU movies I hope this one tanks and sends a message to hollywood that they will not dictate what is, and is not, acceptable in entertainment.

Staff

I was reading comments on Capt some time ago and saw years ago people pushing the writers in that direction.

Besides the constant price increases, one reason I stopped collecting comics over 30 years ago was the gayification occurring even then.  The "all gay, all day" of most of the DC "Arrowverse" shows on CW has pretty much driven me away from them, too.

But this is the Age of Woke and SJ, so I don't expect gaying up the MCU will harm the franchise.  Certainly not enough to bother them.

Yes, we stopped watching those shows as well, though not just because of all the gayness being displayed.  The later seasons of Arrow got tedious and sometimes laughable in regard to some of the things happening.  I realize it is basically fantasy, but at least part of it has to be rooted in reality to make it somewhat relatable.  One of the issues I had with it was one of the people on the team, I don't know his name other than Curtis, was when he would get geared up to go fight the bad guys he would go from having a rather impressive fro to suddenly having corn rows.  Honestly, how long does this guy take to get into his costume, or is that somehow a superpower that his hair is suddenly like that when he gets into uniform.

My wife was watching Supergirl for a while with our oldest son, but when they gave her "sister" her love interest they stopped watching.

11 hours ago, Knotical said:

Yes, we stopped watching those shows as well, though not just because of all the gayness being displayed.  The later seasons of Arrow got tedious and sometimes laughable in regard to some of the things happening.  I realize it is basically fantasy, but at least part of it has to be rooted in reality to make it somewhat relatable.  One of the issues I had with it was one of the people on the team, I don't know his name other than Curtis, was when he would get geared up to go fight the bad guys he would go from having a rather impressive fro to suddenly having corn rows.  Honestly, how long does this guy take to get into his costume, or is that somehow a superpower that his hair is suddenly like that when he gets into uniform.

My wife was watching Supergirl for a while with our oldest son, but when they gave her "sister" her love interest they stopped watching.

I had many issues with Curtis.  The character was the superhero "Mr. Terrific," hence his T-shaped mask.  In the comics, he was not a gay nerd with marginal physical abilities; rather, he was a polymath genius, super-rich inventor, and Olympic decathlete who had a friendly rivalry with Batman.  They totally wrecked the TV version, because (1) he had to be a feeble sidekick for Arrow, and (2) gotta be all gay all day.

Similarly with "Mon-El" on Supergirl.  His powers *should* have been identical to hers, but it was her show, so he had to be powered way down.  (Among way too many other changes to the character.)

11 hours ago, NorrinRadd said:

I had many issues with Curtis.  The character was the superhero "Mr. Terrific," hence his T-shaped mask.  In the comics, he was not a gay nerd with marginal physical abilities; rather, he was a polymath genius, super-rich inventor, and Olympic decathlete who had a friendly rivalry with Batman.  They totally wrecked the TV version, because (1) he had to be a feeble sidekick for Arrow, and (2) gotta be all gay all day.

Similarly with "Mon-El" on Supergirl.  His powers *should* have been identical to hers, but it was her show, so he had to be powered way down.  (Among way too many other changes to the character.)

The one show in the group, The Flash, at least stayed away from promoting that lifestyle, even though the lead actor actually is.  The trouble with that was all the time travel and alternate universes they started diving into.  I just can not get into these kinds of story lines as they ultimately develop a myriad of plot holes.  Some so big you could drive a truck through.