The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

Devilish healing

Staff
15 minutes ago, Igor said:

Welcome to other congregations to hear the same words.

So much resemblance with the Book of Martyrs. 

Whatever.

William, one question. Why, after 2 years of leaving, I still can find these posts on the Internet: "Igor Evgen - Worthy Christian Forums" and "Igor Evgen - Christ Forums"??

(Praise GOD it's just a pen name!)

So, if it's not a big problem, can you remove it?

For I better check out here.

GOD bless you.

Igor Evgen

I have no problem changing your name to an anonymous account but content will remain.

Staff
45 minutes ago, Guest said:

Welcome to other congregations to hear the same words.

So much resemblance with the Book of Martyrs. 

Whatever.

William, one question. Why, after 2 years of leaving, I still can find these posts on the Internet: "Igor Evgen - Worthy Christian Forums" and "Igor Evgen - Christ Forums"??

(Praise GOD it's just a pen name!)

So, if it's not a big problem, can you remove it?

For I better check out here.

GOD bless you.

Igor Evgen

Sorry he has chosen to go away . I do hope he has a change of heart and returns . The exchanges are interesting.. 

• Like 1

Staff
REFORMATIONCHARLOTTE.ORG

Kenneth Copeland is a false prophet who claims he has the power to rebuke the weather in the name of

16 hours ago, William said:
REFORMATIONCHARLOTTE.ORG

Kenneth Copeland is a false prophet who claims he has the power to rebuke the weather in the name of

He and the ones like him are  perfect examples of  the Total Depravity that Calvin and the rest of the reformers brought to light . Not that anyone of a lower degree shall escape the Judgment.  Amazing that people like him never speak of salvation and or any form of justification for that matter . Him and the other "men of god" are enjoying basking in the sun for now . But it will be a far different story when they stand before The Judge Of All The Earth.    M

• Like 1

Staff
43 minutes ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

He and the ones like him are  perfect examples of  the Total Depravity that Calvin and the rest of the reformers brought to light . Not that anyone of a lower degree shall escape the Judgment.  Amazing that people like him never speak of salvation and or any form of justification for that matter . Him and the other "men of god" are enjoying basking in the sun for now . But it will be a far different story when they stand before The Judge Of All The Earth.    M

The Copelands can't "authenticate" the office of prophet.

truck lol GIF

1 Kings 18:27 And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, “Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.”

48 minutes ago, William said:

The Copelands can't "authenticate" the office of prophet.

truck lol GIF

1 Kings 18:27 And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, “Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.”

He probably thinks that a prophet is a new ride at Disney World . 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, William said:
REFORMATIONCHARLOTTE.ORG

That site is hilarious!  It's almost as good as the Babylon Bee, except the Bee is self-aware enough to realize it's a satire site.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:39 PM, Guest said:

William, with all due respect, I cannot support your answer. I don't know about Fred Price Robert Tilton and Shai Linne, but Kenneth Copeland is one of my spiritual Teachers. I couldn't find any lie in his books. In fact, the books of Ken & Gloria Copeland are included in the references for my "Q & A" book.

P.S. Sorry, couldn't cut all your post in this quoting. Not my way to answer. Could you please cut off everything but the last sentence?

"Kenneth Copeland is one of my spiritual Teachers"

This is a first for me, to meet someone who openly says this.

His appeal is very wide based on the number of people in his videos etc. and the wealth of his mansions etc.

I am at a loss as to how he continues, but some very well off people, as well as poor people giving their heart and soul to his "ministry" keep it all afloat.  The idea that he has power to control the weather or any authority at all, is simply a wonder of hollywood proportions.

19 hours ago, FollowHisSteps said:

"Kenneth Copeland is one of my spiritual Teachers"

This is a first for me, to meet someone who openly says this.

His appeal is very wide based on the number of people in his videos etc. and the wealth of his mansions etc.

I am at a loss as to how he continues, but some very well off people, as well as poor people giving their heart and soul to his "ministry" keep it all afloat.  The idea that he has power to control the weather or any authority at all, is simply a wonder of hollywood proportions.

I was in a "Faith" church for roughly ten years, ca. mid-'80s to mid-'90s.  By far my favorite was Dad Hagin, but I did like Cope, Tilton, John Osteen (Joel's dad), Norvel Hayes, Charles Capps, etc.  But I got over it.  🙂

On 9/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, NorrinRadd said:

I was in a "Faith" church for roughly ten years, ca. mid-'80s to mid-'90s.  By far my favorite was Dad Hagin, but I did like Cope, Tilton, John Osteen (Joel's dad), Norvel Hayes, Charles Capps, etc.  But I got over it.  🙂

What was the appeal?

Is it just worship and because we feel so good we will accept anything you tell us?

Do these fellowship read scripture or know the Lord?

I saw Todd Bentley and was surprised at his approach and lack of scripture or anything that was really christian.

Pump up the congregation and then have a wow session with angels and wonders......

• Toast 1

Staff
3 hours ago, FollowHisSteps said:

What was the appeal?

Great question!!!

15 hours ago, FollowHisSteps said:

What was the appeal?

Is it just worship and because we feel so good we will accept anything you tell us?

Do these fellowship read scripture or know the Lord?

I saw Todd Bentley and was surprised at his approach and lack of scripture or anything that was really christian.

Pump up the congregation and then have a wow session with angels and wonders......

-- I have heard of Todd Bentley, but have never seen him in action.

-- I have heard Benny Hinn speak a few times, but have not heard him preach.  I have seen some clips of him in action, but never more than a few minutes.

-- My experience with Faith believers is that they are more likely to read, memorize, and quote Scripture than are believers from "mainline" churches.

-- Most of my direct experience with Faith believers was ca. mid-'80s to mid-'90s, and mostly in churches of 200 or fewer.  I have not kept up with their beliefs and practices in many years.

-- Part of the initial appeal of the Faith churches I attended and visited was that their contemporary worship style was familiar to me from my college days.  That was the first "church" environment I'd known.  I still prefer that style, as it seems to me to be in keeping with Psa. 149-150, and therefore is *at least* as "Biblical" as more staid, "traditional" services.

-- Another part of the appeal was that Faith churches seemed to take seriously and try to implement passages of Scripture that other churches ignored.

-- Most of us would consider Faith preachers' hermeneutics and proof-texting to be faulty; but honestly, some of it does now seem to me not much different from the way NT authors handled OT passages.  And I believe the old, "Well they were Apostles, so they were allowed to do that!" is way too glib.

-- Most of the Faith people I've encountered have been kind, generous, and more or less... Ned Flanders-y.

-- I do not know why it appeals to anyone else.  I know only my own experiences, and why it initially appealed to me.

-- Faith churches consider themselves non-liturgical and non-traditional, but their services (at least as of 30 years ago) follow a relatively consistent format:

* Opening music as the congregants... congregate.

* "Praise" (fast-tempo celebratory) music, possibly with some people dancing in the aisles.

* "Worship" (slow-tempo reverent) music, possibly with some people kneeling in the aisles.

* Pause (occasionally called the "Holy Ghost Hush," to allow the Holy Spirit to try to sneak in a few words by prophecy and tongues and interpretation, or much more rarely, a "word of knowledge," assuming one uses the conventional Charismatic definitions of those terms)

* More singing (variable tempo)

* Offering

* "Greet a few people!"

* Sermon (about 45 minutes; there will be multiple citations of Scripture)

* Worship music

* Altar call (for salvation, healing, whatever) -- May be few or many responding.  Several will probably "fall under the power."  Some may experience "laughing in the Spirit" or being "drunk in the Spirit."

* Dismissal (If altar ministry is ongoing, dismissal will be silent or with "worship" music.  If altar ministry is concluded, dismissal will probably be with "praise" music.)

* Total time a little over 90 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------

I can add a big honkin' biographical account for perhaps more context, if you wish.  I don't know whether that would be worthwhile or not.