The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Wretched: Who's worse, Oprah or Joel?

Staff

It is difficult to take USA daytime talk show TV pundits seriously. Oprah is rich and all but she says some of the most idiotic things that have ever left the lips of a human being and Joel Osteen is a religious charlatan in it for the money and maybe for the influence/power. You USA folk have to stop listening to these idiots. Here in Australia we have a few idiots on TV but none as BIG and as STUPID as those two :p

Staff

Who is worse Joel.  Because of his use of Christianity .

Actually they are both about the same . I'm no big fan of Oprah Winfrey since I rarely if ever watch any day or evening secular humanist  television. And when I do it is usually one of the conservative news networks . I'm a big fan of FOX, ONN and most of the conservative radio personalities . Limbaugh, Beck , Hannity , Barry etc..  I just cannot see where Winfrey is all that great . I mean,,,,just what does this person do that makes her so popular ? The last I heard of her was when the more liberal media was boasting about her religion. From want I gathered she believes in flying saucers with strange looking space midgets that had a free pass to " heaven. " She had no regard for God . Thinks the same thing of Christ as do all of the other reprobated souls . He was a "good man."

As for Joel I view him as one of the so called "Christian personalities " that " heal the sick and raise the

dead . " Yea,,sure,,,,If I were that ignorant to believe that  I would be lined up waiting for him and his fellow " Miracle workers " to heal me of this shoulder I banged up in  a car accident fourteen years ago .

I once had a reputable pastor tell me  not ignore these thieves that promise health, wealth and long life. WHAT ? Actually what he was trying to say is that these " Miracle workers " sometimes quote certain passages of scripture that you cannot ignore . Like Psalms 138:8 " The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me ." That is just what I wanted to hear since I was going through a difficult time at the moment. It led me to my conservative Reformation Commentaries  and I felt great at the hope I gained from it ,,,,,,,,,,,, M

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, Becky said:

Who is worse Joel.  Because of his use of Christianity .

Amazing thing about Joel is that he gives his sermons and rarely ever quotes any biblical passages from the bible. He never has one in hand at any time he is speaking . He has a large gathering because it consist of what people actually want to hear about certain events that they may be undergoing at the time . I rarely listen to him. And if I do happen to it is to listen to the subject ,though I always listen with a high degree of caution.

• Like 1

It would have to be Joel Osteen because he promotes himself as a Christian which is all very well for us who can discern but for those in the world if they believe he is what a Christian is----- well what a dishonour he brings to God.

Funnily it is often the worldly that are often the ones who can pick out what a charlatan he is.

Oprah has her own brand of spirituality, new agey stuff, the downside is how much influence she has with a lot of women.