The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Church to Host Outreach Event Exploring Similarities between Christianity and 'Star Wars'

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Early church fathers and sola fide

I've been reading a lot of apologetics websites and some books on the errors of the teachings of the Catholic church.  For what ever reason, I haven't been able to find any information on early Church fathers' views that support the Protestant view on sola fide.  If anyone has some, or can tell me where to look, I'd appreciate it.    

in Christian History

• To the Church in thy House

TO THE CHURCH IN THY HOUSE   Here are some verses showing the pattern and order as led by God that the church met in homes to consider   “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting” (Acts 2:2)   "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,47 Praising God, and having favour w

in General Faith

• God's Order in the Church

God's Order in the Church   God’s order in the body of Christ is His spiritual working in every part as he leads and empowers believers in all things. Though hidden from the eyes of  natural men, it is there nevertheless. This order begins in the spirit and the patient waiting on God as He leads into all gifts, ministry, fruits of the Spirit and sets the order. No person can know this order unless they are in Christ, and walk in the spirit. But sadly, many Christians today are drawn aw

in General Faith

• ‘Desperate Housewives’ Star Used SAT Cheating Scheme To Improve Her Child’s Score

By Neetu Chandak - Several people, including two TV stars, were charged for their alleged involvement in a nationwide college entrance bribery scheme Tuesday. “Desperate Housewives” actress Felicity Huffman was part of the test cheating scheme to help her oldest daughter improve her SAT scores, according to a court document filed Monday. Huffman made a “purported charitable contribution of $15,000 … to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme,” according to the document. T

in Political Conservative News

• Elizabeth Warren Leaves Brutal 1-Star Review For Ancestry.com

U.S.—Senator and presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren left a brutal 1-star review for Ancestry.com on a popular consumer review site, sources confirmed Tuesday. The post Elizabeth Warren Leaves Brutal 1-Star Review For Ancestry.com appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire