SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Lucian Hodoboc

Unrequited love

Lucian Hodoboc

If someone has unrequited love feelings for a certain person, and keeps praying to God to take them away, but the feelings remain, what should the person do? Should they remain celibate for the rest of their lives? Or should they try to seek a spouse at random, and live together in physical loyalty while being emotionally disloyal?

Faber
On 7/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

If someone has unrequited love feelings for a certain person, and keeps praying to God to take them away, but the feelings remain, what should the person do? 

Keep up the pursuit, but if the do not enter signs are always thrown your way then take a detour and go another route.

Her loss.

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:21 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

If someone has unrequited love feelings for a certain person, and keeps praying to God to take them away, but the feelings remain, what should the person do? Should they remain celibate for the rest of their lives? Or should they try to seek a spouse at random, and live together in physical loyalty while being emotionally disloyal?

I don't find your word, unrequited in the dictionary . I do however find requited and that in brief involves a repayment or to avenge. In answer to your question I think that the love in question is a play on emotions that can be somewhat deceiving at times. Assuming that you are a genuine believer I see no difficulty in praying that God will remove any after effects of affection for someone who may not be a true believer in your life and may ultimately cause you great harm in the future . We are told " Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers . For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness ? And what communion has light with darkness ? And what accord has Christ with Belial ? Or what part does a believer have with an unbeliever ?"   2nd.Cor.6:14-15 . Advise that you read from verse 14 to the end of the chapter. This a strong warning for anyone who cannot seem to renounce what they think is "real love". No, your life does not have to change, but your choice of a life long companion does. Never build your life around assumptions .They are deadly and very deceitful. David says : " Keep back your servant from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me .Then I shall be blameless , And shall be innocent of great transgression ." Ps.19: 13.

In any case we have the promise of God that if we have any issues that we are confused over we can exercise Ps. 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain you, He will never suffer the righteous to be moved."

I hope I helped .    M

E Morales

Do you remember that song, I wish I had Jessie‘s girl. I imagine if he ever got Jessie‘s girl, and had her today? it would have been a totally different story. It would say something like, I wish I didn’t have Jessie’s girl. 😁

Edited by E Morales