SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Faber

The Alpha and the Omega in reference to Jesus (Revelation 22:13)

Faber

Revelation 22:12-13

(12) Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

(13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. (NASB)

A. The Lord Jesus is the speaker in Revelation 22:13.

The same speaker in verse 12 is the same speaker in verse 13.[*1] And every time Revelation describes someone as coming quickly (ταχύ) it is always used in reference to the Lord Jesus.
All Scripture citations are from the NASB. The bold face is mine.

Revelation 2:16
Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 3:11
I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

Revelation 22:7
And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:12
Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Revelation 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Notice also the following in reference to the Lord Jesus.

Revelation 2:23
I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according top your deeds.
Revelation 22:12
Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

[*1] "There certainly is no indication that the speaker changes between Revelation 22:12 and 22:13" (Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ, page 343, footnote #14, Robert Bowman and J. Ed Komoszewski)

B. The fact that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself as "the Alpha and the Omega" proves that He is God.

1. TDNT: The juxtaposition of the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet peculiar to Rev. It is used on the lips of God in 1:8 and also in 21:6; and on the lips of Christ in 22:13. It is also applied to Christ in 1:17: and 2:8. The meaning of a/w is fixed by its conjunction with archē/telos and prōtos/eschatos. It shows us that God or Christ is the One who begins and the One who ends, the Creator and Consummator, the One from whom and to whom are all things (1:1, AW, Kittel).

2. G. K. Beale: The Apocalypse has already called God "the Alpha and the Omega" (1:8; 21:6) and "the Beginning and the End" (21:6), and Christ has been called "the First and the Last" (1:17; 2:8). Now all these titles, which are used in the OT of God, are combined and applied to Christ to highlight his deity. The titles figuratively connote the totality of polarity: Christ's presence at and sovereignty over the beginning of creation and over the end of creation are boldly stated in order to indicate that he is also present at and sovereign over all events in between. The emphasis of the bipolar names here at the end of the book is to underscore Christ's divine ability to conclude history at his coming (The Book of Revelation: A Commentary on the Greek Text, page 264).

C. The fact that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself as "the first and the last" proves He is God.

1. NIDNTT: The application of these divine predicates to the exalted Christ means the ascription to him of a rank equal with God's with the attribution of the functions of Creator and Perfecter (2:58-59, Goal, H. G. Link).

2. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (concerning "first"): the eternal One, Rev. 1.17; 2.8; 22.13 (prōtos, page 554).[*2]

[*2]  Some who deny the Lord Jesus is God will point out that after He identifies Himself as "the first and the last" in Revelation 1:17, in the very next verse (18) we read that He says He was dead and so therefore He can not be God.

To this it is answered that even though the Lord Jesus died His spirit (pnuema) "survived as an individual entity after death" (BDAG, 3rd Edition, pneuma, page 833). Furthermore, that the Lord Jesus affirmed that He is "the Living One" (v. 18) is to be understood in the absolute sense for "it is most comprehensively applied to God...1 Thessalonians 1:9...Revelation 1:18a" (ibid., zaō, page 425, the underlined is mine).

--> The Living One is the true God (Revelation 1:18; cf. 1 Thessalonians 1:9).

D. The fact that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself as "the beginning and the end" proves He is God.
     1. NIDNTT: The formula "beginning and end" (cf. Isa. 41:4; 44:6; 48:12) expresses the power of God (21:6) and Christ (22:13) which embraces time and creation. Just as God is the beginning and end (cf. 1:8), the creator and perfecter of all things, so also is the exalted Christ (cf. 1:17; 2:8) (2:64, Goal, R. Schippers)
     2. TDNT: The self-designation of God in Rev. 21:6 (cf. 1:8) or Christ in Rev. 22:13: 'I am the beginning and the end' primarily denotes His eternity but then His absolute majesty (8:55, telos, Delling).