The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Goodman John

My View on Creation

My view is that we begin with the Good and Evil Principles opposing each other in the spiritual realm. We can, for ease of reference, name these Principles as God and Satan. At one point, God and Satan battled for control of the spiritual ream, and Satan lost- but not before he had seduced many of God's angels to his side. As a result of his defeat by God, Satan created the physical realm and was banished to it by God. Satan created our world- our physical universe- and all the creatures found in it. In time he created Man to be his servant, but in order to make Man 'work' he had to infuse them with the spirits of the angels he had captured during his war against God. 

The state of affairs, then, is this: Satan retains his power only as long as he can hold the spirits of those angels captive; he does this by making this world attractive to Man and providing any number of things to distract Man from recognizing his angelic, spiritual nature. For one Man's eyes are opened and he can strengthen himself against this world and Satan's seduction, upon his body's' death he may return to the spiritual realm to be with God once again. If Man remains ignorant of his spiritual nature, upon his death the spirit within will be placed in another body at conception, and the cycle will begin anew. When all of God's angels- those who Satan has not thoroughly corrupted- return to him, Satan will lose his power and the physical realm will cease to exist along with all those corrupted spirits. Satan will then return to the spiritual realm, bereft of creative power as he has expended it all on the physical realm- one reason he's so eager to maintain his grip on us. 

(I do recognize the importance of Jesus in Man's salvation, though not in the conventional manner. I believe Jesus was a man like any other, but possessed of a powerful spirit (the Christ) who willingly came to the physical realm in order to try and save Man from Satan. This spirit- the Christ) just happened to be placed in the body of the man named Jesus- it could have been placed in anyone; just the luck of the draw, so to speak. As Jesus, the Christ awakened us to our potential and sought to bring us closer to God that our own spirits may be released. Sadly, though, he was killed by those in opposition to him. I do not believe Jesus was 'resurrected' but that his spirit- the Christ- did indeed return to God upon his body's death. In this view, I give the NT the nod of acceptance- specifically the Gospels (all else is commentary)- and reject the OT as irrelevant as it glorifies a false god- that being Satan- whom I have no wish to deal with. Mind this does not in any way implicate the Jews as being inherently evil- only misguided.)

Now, despite the ooga-booga tone of this view of Creation, it does not contradict the Theory of Evolution, nor does it discount the description of Creation as recounted in the OT. The OT pretty much picks up after Satan's expulsion form the spiritual realm by God. (The primary dissenting view that I have is that it is not the Good God being referred to in the OT, it is Satan masquerading AS God to deceive Man.) The OT does describe 'A' story of creation, one that could have taken millions of years to complete- but described as taking place in 'days'. Man created from dust? Sure,that's one way of describing it- certainly a way for Satan-as-God to appear to be some sort of magical, mystical being. I think it's far more likely that the creation of Man was a long, long process until Satan figured it out, sort of, and learned that in order for Man to function he had to be imbued with a spirit- and the only ones he had were those created by God. 

In summary, this world- while having great beauty and offering many fleeting pleasures- is nothing but an evil, rotting cage that we are trapped in. The more we can resist getting caught up in the world the better a chance we have of strengthening our spirit and escaping this rock. 

Staff
3 minutes ago, John_the_Blind said:

(I do recognize the importance of Jesus in Man's salvation, though not in the conventional manner. I believe Jesus was a man like any other, but possessed of a powerful spirit (the Christ) who willingly came to the physical realm in order to try and save Man from Satan. This spirit- the Christ) just happened to be placed in the body of the man named Jesus- it could have been placed in anyone; just the luck of the draw, so to speak. As Jesus, the Christ awakened us to our potential and sought to bring us closer to God that our own spirits may be released. Sadly, though, he was killed by those in opposition to him. I do not believe Jesus was 'resurrected' but that his spirit- the Christ- did indeed return to God upon his body's death. In this view, I give the NT the nod of acceptance- specifically the Gospels (all else is commentary)- and reject the OT as irrelevant as it glorifies a false god- that being Satan- whom I have no wish to deal with. Mind this does not in any way implicate the Jews as being inherently evil- only misguided.)

At this point I stopped reading and in my eyes you lost all credibility.

Next!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, William said:

Next!

This being a Christian forum, I'm surprised it took you that long to throw out my commentary altogether. 

But then, the Church didn't give the Cathars any credibility either and slaughtered them by the thousands- until much later when they realized the Cathars were onto something and absorbed many of their practices and policies into church doctrine- practices and beliefs which also found their way into Protestant thought as well. 

I threw my hat into the ring of the discussion to put forth my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with me on anything, ever. Learning of opinions differing from our own is one of life's more interesting diversions, don't you think? 

Edited by John_the_Blind

Staff
Just now, John_the_Blind said:

This being a Christian forum, I'm surprised it took you that long to throw out my commentary altogether. 

But then, the Church didn't give the Cathars any credibility either and slaughtered them by the thousands- until much later when they realized the Cathars were onto something and absorbed many of their practices and policies into church doctrine- practices and beliefs which also found their way into Protestant thought as well. 

I threw my hat into the ring of the discussion to put forth my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with me on anything, ever. Learning of opinions different from our own is one of life's more interesting diversions, don't you? 

You've already violated our statement of faith. 

As to why your membership hasn't been revoked? I allow playthings for my cat, likewise our members need to exercise apologetic muscles.

It is evident that in your leftist gnostic new age bent perspective that you're in need of knowing Jesus.

For this reason you're here, in support of me through prayer. As long as you remain civil and no member complains, feel at home.

God bless,

William 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, William said:

You've already violated our statement of faith. 

As to why your membership hasn't been revoked? I allow playthings for my cat, likewise our members need to exercise apologetic muscles.

It is evident that in your leftist gnostic new age bent perspective that you're in need of knowing Jesus.

For this reason you're here, in support of me through prayer. As long as you remain civil and no member complains, feel at home.

God bless,

William 

Is there a standard 'statement of faith' one is required to sign off on to be a member of the forum? If so, I must have missed it in the registration process. Or is this referencing a general, unwritten statement of faith? 

As for my membership, if the forum administrator(s) or any moderator empowered to do so wishes to revoke my membership or otherwise ban me from posting, that's their prerogative and as a guest here I would respect and abide by their decision. After all, we can't have controversy in religious thought, can we? Martin Luther tried that and just look what happened! 😄 (By the way, I've been to the Wartburg, the castle in Germany where Luther translated the Bible- it's an inspiring place.)

And yes, I do claim a Gnostic influence- but then so did many of the Church Fathers back in the day. As for being leftist? I'm not exactly sure where you get that from- I would have thought from my commentary on rejecting the world and not getting caught up in it you'd have surmised me to be conservative. 

As for 'knowing Jesus', yes, I follow and study his teachings carefully. However, I do not believe he was in any way divine- but that in no way detracts from the lessons he, through the spirit of the Christ within him, taught us. (As a matter of fact, my primary reference on Jesus' life is The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth by Thomas Jefferson (aka the 'Jefferson Bible'). 

I am here to learn the thoughts of others, so I may sharpen and better define by own thoughts and beliefs. There's a lot to be said for not marching in lockstep with everyone else, but it can be difficult not having many- or any- like minds with whom to discuss the issues of our times and our state of grace (or lack thereof). (Personally, I'm not so arrogant to believe that I'm already 'saved' in any way- I won't presume to make that choice for God- but that's what I'm working towards.) 

God be with you always ~

Edited by John_the_Blind

Staff
28 minutes ago, John_the_Blind said:

Is there a standard 'statement of faith' one is required to sign off on to be a member of the forum? If so, I must have missed it in the registration process. Or is this referencing a general, unwritten statement of faith?

Thank you, Origen, for pointing that out. I do understand the need for the 'theme' of the forums to be stated, and I accept as perfectly valid the beliefs of those who subscribe to that laid out in the Statement of Faith post. I do not argue that it is wrong or incorrect in any way, I simply don't believe the same things in the same way. However, we are all here- I would assume- to discuss the various issues surrounding one's faith and try to reconcile any difficulties one may have with that faith. As such, I'm just looking for answers the same as anyone else where faith and religion are concerned. 

I strive to be a beacon of light for others, but at the same time I know I can just as easily be seen as a warning sign. As long as I make people THINK, I'm happy whether they agree with me or not. 

But as I noted previously, if my presence or opinions are not wanted here I will happily accept whatever the administrator(s) or moderators think is best. 

• Toast 1

Staff
4 hours ago, John_the_Blind said:

Thank you, Origen, for pointing that out. I do understand the need for the 'theme' of the forums to be stated, and I accept as perfectly valid the beliefs of those who subscribe to that laid out in the Statement of Faith post. I do not argue that it is wrong or incorrect in any way, I simply don't believe the same things in the same way. However, we are all here- I would assume- to discuss the various issues surrounding one's faith and try to reconcile any difficulties one may have with that faith. As such, I'm just looking for answers the same as anyone else where faith and religion are concerned. 

I strive to be a beacon of light for others, but at the same time I know I can just as easily be seen as a warning sign. As long as I make people THINK, I'm happy whether they agree with me or not. 

But as I noted previously, if my presence or opinions are not wanted here I will happily accept whatever the administrator(s) or moderators think is best. 

When one does not believe Christ to be the Light of the world one can only be a beacon of darkness. 

• Like 1

Not sure how one can accept the new testament while denying it clearly teaches Christ bodily resurrection or deny that God created the earth. And ignore that Jesus reffernced the old testament constantly.

If our spirits are just recycled spirits of fallen angels then the only thing we thing we would be enlightened to is that we're fallen angels, comndened fallen angels who will later be cast into Hell.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John_the_Blind said:

Satan created our world- our physical universe- and all the creatures found in it.

This would make Satan the Creator.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Faber said:

This would make Satan the Creator.

Nah Fabar, JtB, pardon my French, full of BS!  The only thing Satan ever created was/is havoc.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, William said:

Next!

stopped at Satan created.

• Like 2

Which spiritual authority (for lack of a better term) did you utilize to arrive at these conclusions (the Bible, yourself, other)?

On 7/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, William said:

Next!

I didn't even get that far before burning out.

M-Bob 

• Toast 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, John_the_Blind said:

My view is that we begin with the Good and Evil Principles opposing each other in the spiritual realm. We can, for ease of reference, name these Principles as God and Satan. At one point, God and Satan battled for control of the spiritual ream, and Satan lost- but not before he had seduced many of God's angels to his side. As a result of his defeat by God, Satan created the physical realm and was banished to it by God. Satan created our world- our physical universe- and all the creatures found in it. In time he created Man to be his servant, but in order to make Man 'work' he had to infuse them with the spirits of the angels he had captured during his war against God. 

The state of affairs, then, is this: Satan retains his power only as long as he can hold the spirits of those angels captive; he does this by making this world attractive to Man and providing any number of things to distract Man from recognizing his angelic, spiritual nature. For one Man's eyes are opened and he can strengthen himself against this world and Satan's seduction, upon his body's' death he may return to the spiritual realm to be with God once again. If Man remains ignorant of his spiritual nature, upon his death the spirit within will be placed in another body at conception, and the cycle will begin anew. When all of God's angels- those who Satan has not thoroughly corrupted- return to him, Satan will lose his power and the physical realm will cease to exist along with all those corrupted spirits. Satan will then return to the spiritual realm, bereft of creative power as he has expended it all on the physical realm- one reason he's so eager to maintain his grip on us. 

Now, despite the ooga-booga tone of this view of Creation, it does not contradict the Theory of Evolution, nor does it discount the description of Creation as recounted in the OT. The OT pretty much picks up after Satan's expulsion form the spiritual realm by God. (The primary dissenting view that I have is that it is not the Good God being referred to in the OT, it is Satan masquerading AS God to deceive Man.) The OT does describe 'A' story of creation, one that could have taken millions of years to complete- but described as taking place in 'days'. Man created from dust? Sure,that's one way of describing it- certainly a way for Satan-as-God to appear to be some sort of magical, mystical being. I think it's far more likely that the creation of Man was a long, long process until Satan figured it out, sort of, and learned that in order for Man to function he had to be imbued with a spirit- and the only ones he had were those created by God. 

In summary, this world- while having great beauty and offering many fleeting pleasures- is nothing but an evil, rotting cage that we are trapped in. The more we can resist getting caught up in the world the better a chance we have of strengthening our spirit and escaping this rock. 

Would it not be a far better explanation of what you're saying just by reading the first three chapters of Genesis ? That begins with the dawn of creation and eventually the fall of man into sin .   M

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall
spelling
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 2:40 PM, John_the_Blind said:

As for my membership, if the forum administrator(s) or any moderator empowered to do so wishes to revoke my membership or otherwise ban me from posting, that's their prerogative and as a guest here I would respect and abide by their decision. After all, we can't have controversy in religious thought, can we? Martin Luther tried that and just look what happened! 😄 (By the way, I've been to the Wartburg, the castle in Germany where Luther translated the Bible- it's an inspiring place.)

And yes, I do claim a Gnostic influence- but then so did many of the Church Fathers back in the day. As for being leftist? I'm not exactly sure where you get that from- I would have thought from my commentary on rejecting the world and not getting caught up in it you'd have surmised me to be conservative. 

As for 'knowing Jesus', yes, I follow and study his teachings carefully. However, I do not believe he was in any way divine- but that in no way detracts from the lessons he, through the spirit of the Christ within him, taught us. (As a matter of fact, my primary reference on Jesus' life is The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth by Thomas Jefferson (aka the 'Jefferson Bible'). 

I am here to learn the thoughts of others, so I may sharpen and better define by own thoughts and beliefs. There's a lot to be said for not marching in lockstep with everyone else, but it can be difficult not having many- or any- like minds with whom to discuss the issues of our times and our state of grace (or lack thereof). (Personally, I'm not so arrogant to believe that I'm already 'saved' in any way- I won't presume to make that choice for God- but that's what I'm working towards.) 

God be with you always ~

There is no doubt that there are many standards of faith in the Christian community . Christianity is a unique honor and privilege for the people who can rightly proclaim the name of Jesus Christ who suffered the cross in our place tearing down the once restricted path to God  and now giving us the promise of being able to "Come boldly to the Throne of grace ,that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Heb.4:16 .   M

Jesus Christ is the God of Genesis.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people[c] did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son[d] from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Col, 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
    the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

10 And,

“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands;

If these scriptures are not enough to convince you then I'm, well, really not sorry. Please reconsider you viewpoint or go somewhere else. Sounds like the Satanic Bible, which I have read as a matter of curiosity.

In Christ

• Like 1

I think sometimes it can seem difficult for some to comprehend the Father, Son, Holy Ghost relationship. I'm making no attempt to cast anything in iron here. Now, this is how I think of it... God the Father is the source of all. The energy, the all, the beginning prior to creation. The I Am. When He speaks, Christ is His voice, the Word. God by His Word created the natural universe and all in it. The Holy spirit is not so complicated. He is just that. The Spirit of God. The are all one in purpose and why not.

Before Creation they were. They planned the sacrifice of Christ, foreknowing all and loving their creation. 

Rev 13:8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

1 Peter, 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.”

Not to say Christ died prior to Creation. The agreement was sealed (The deal was done, contract signed.) and needed to be enacted. “Must first be the death of the testator.”

God relates to mankind through Christ.. " I am the way the truth and the Light, no one comes to the Father but by me".  One mediator between man and God........

In Christ

John the Blind,

Please note that I am nothing more than an Ear Pierced (Spiritually) Bond Servant of our Triune Elohim, YHWH, Yashuah ha'Mashiah and Ruach who, having infilled me, now indwells me.

You have asked a question deserving of an honest answer.  Anything wearing the name of Mashiah, in Greek, Christ, has serious conditions attached.  As the Devoted followers of Yashuah we seek to attract Other Sinners, the Unforgiven, to join us to, ever, learn more of our Elohim.

In spite of the standing Open Invitation to join us, there are unstated, save in the Scriptures, conditions concerning all aspects of life.

Admitting that had YHWH called me to the Pastorate, He would not be perfect because I am, these, almost fifty years later, still the Short Tempered NCO that Daddy Himes, my Sargent Major created and do lean hard on Godly Church Discipline but our LORD is perfect and knew before I was born who I am and will, yet be.

As for rights in this forum?  We have a couple of Yashuah Following Moderators working this site and perhaps you need to speak with William and Becky.  This forum has been laid on their hearts and we live here with the dictates our Elohim has given them to operate by.