The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
CDN

Joe Biden Rolls Out Health Plan In Stark Contrast To Medicare For All

By Evie Fordham -

Joe-Biden-4-250x141.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign dropped his health care plan Monday, and the proposal would build on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) rather than attempt to dismantle it as some of his rivals envision.

“I understand the appeal of Medicare for all, but folks supporting it should be clear that it means getting rid of Obamacare, and I’m not for that. … Starting over makes no sense to me at all. … I’m surprised that so many Democrats are running on getting rid of it,” Biden said in his health plan launch video.

Biden’s plan would offer a public option that people can choose even if their employer provides their coverage. It would also expand ACA premium subsidies, tax drugmakers who raise their prices above inflation and establish an “independent review board” to recommend prices partially based on other countries’ prices for drugs bought through Medicare and the public option.

Biden’s desire to build on the ACA, an undertaking touted as one of the biggest achievements of the Obama administration, should come as no surprise. Biden said it would be “a sin” to kill the ACA and start over in a July 8 interview with CNN.

Biden’s plan could invite “potential controversy” because of the public option angle, reported Axios. Many states expanded Medicaid through the ACA framework, but others, typically red states, did not. Under Biden’s model, states that expanded would keep paying “their current share” of expansion costs, which might reward states that did not take advantage of Medicaid expansion.

Meanwhile, 2020 hopefuls including Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren are behind Medicare for all.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Joe Biden Rolls Out Health Plan In Stark Contrast To Medicare For All is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article