The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

Women in professional sports

They are in UFC, wrestling, football, etc., etc. I just think its unfeminine for a woman to do professional sports as such. Now there may be some exceptions, like figure skating or something like that.

I wish they would have some real contests for women that would enhance their femininity such as the best brownie maker, or cookie maker, cake maker, diaper changer,. etc. These are not really sports but at least they would be far more befitting for them than spitting, cursing and getting smashed in the face in the sports that so many of them are encouraged to participate in.

• Haha 1

Staff

I hated just hated having to play soft ball instead of baseball ..  I do many things that do not fit the femininity role... light plumbing and electrical .. before cars went to computer i loved doing minor auto  maintenance. Best job out side of wife and mom i ever had was building and light machine maintenance for a water bottling company... Said that to say i dont like women in 'male' sports.. either  I dont even like when they do or try to the play by play...  🙂

• Like 1

I watched the end of the previous Super Bowl and of course the stations have to have females on the side of the field giving us their meaningless updates abut things. At the end of the game one of them was trying to reach Tom Brady to ask a few questions. There were tons of people yelling and very excited. Now remember many of these linemen are well over 6 feet tall and weigh 300+ pounds. I remember seeing she was really pushed and almost knocked over in all the chaos. I heard one guy as her if she was okay. It was a pathetic sight. I said out loud, "Can't they get some guy in there and do the questioning - some 6 foot tall big guy rather than this 5 foot 2, 120 pound woman?" 

I think you have a point there.

I'm not much of a sports fan altogether, it's seems ridiculous to me for games and competition to be taking so seriously and given so much attention.

• Like 2

Staff

The SF Giants have Amy G she does a good job at interviews . Interviewing folks like the parents of the rookie . I dont like that they have a female announcer at the park.. .. It just dont sound right .. I will never go to SF for any reason so i guess it dont matter. 

20 hours ago, Faber said:

I wish they would have some real contests for women that would enhance their femininity

They have. It's called Gymnastics . Have you ever seen a man trying to balance himself on a parallel bar or do flips across the gymnasium  floor ? I haven't......... 

I don't see anything wrong with women engaging in professional sports.  What I find objectionable is men who pretend to be women taking part in women's sports. 

• Haha 1