The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
navyproud

Twitter thinks Bible Verses are "Sensitive"

It's almost funny, you know what is sensitive? The conscience of the unregenerate. You see this a lot of atheists and Christian cults, that they cannot stand scripture truth. It's like you've thrown holy water on a vampire, especially topics like evil and hell. Out of one side of their mouths, they reject the truth, downplay it like it's tooth fairy nonsense, but who do you know that gets so very angry, censoring and in a lather over the tooth fairy, if that's all it is? Apoplectic, shouting in all caps, using exclamation marks? I've seen them, time and again, just lose it over scripture that pricks their conscience. As much as scripture, Shakespeare comes to mind, truly, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

They can run, but they can't hide, because, fact of the matter, the Holy Spirit is convicting the whole world of sin and righteousness. They can censor all they like, but there's no refuge from that restless conscience, that heart, at odds with their Creator. This is going to bug them to their deaths, if they don't repent, and this regardless they were able to censor all scripture form the web. Many people don't even understand they flee to drugs and alcohol, because they can't stand themselves and need to repent, will have no real peace, until they find peace with God and peace in those things eternal, that await us all. But what's worst is their evil being exposed, suppose that's like holy water mixed with garlic juice tossed on vampires, or, well, like sunlight:

John 3:19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

This is why they persecute Christians, as they don't even want us around to remind them of God and what they are, by simply good behavior, scripture aside. It's like a bunch of guilt ridden drunks, that keep trying to shove a drink in your face, don't like anybody around that might have a better idea and can live without. Like it's cool for everybody to hate the goody goody, which Christian children can horribly suffer, among their partying peers, at school. Their evil peers likely have no idea, even, what's in them, that makes them hate the righteous, that subconscious guilt and the demonic influences. They can only run like the devil or delete you, anything but to be reminded of the truth, face the truth, that they're living a lie that won't end well. Nobody likes to look in the mirror and see the real Dorian Gray.

Want some really cool scripture, though, on the subject? Makes one praise the Lord Jesus all day and just yearn for the next insult!

Matthew 5:10-12 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Honestly, I've known people where it's say whatever you please, as long as you don't like me. Now, that would really worry me!

• Like 1