Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
CDN

Mike Bloomberg Devotes $500 Million To Kill Coal Jobs, Influence 2020 Elections

Recommended Posts

By Michael Bastasch -

Michael_Bloomberg_2008_crop-e13524179399

http://dailycaller.com/

  • Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend another $500 million to continue his war against the coal industry.
  • Bloomberg will fund environmentalist campaigns at the state and local level to replace coal plants with wind and solar energy.
  • Conservative critics said Bloomberg’s campaign will kill thousands of jobs and leave communities devastated.

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend $500 million to close every remaining U.S. coal-fired power plant and stop the expansion of natural gas.

Bloomberg will fund environmental activist lobbying campaigns in state legislatures, city councils and public utility commissions. Activists will demand officials replace coal plants with renewable energy, not natural gas.

“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg said in a statement Thursday.

For Democratic politicians and environmentalists looking to make climate change the top issue in the 2020 elections, Bloomberg’s funding is most welcome. For conservatives and the coal industry, it’s a nightmare.

“This is about feeding the soldiers of the green left to affect the outcome of the 2020 elections,” Dan Kish, a distinguished senior fellow at the Institute for Energy Research, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Bloomberg will announce his “Beyond Carbon” plan during his commencement speech at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. With this new spending, Bloomberg will have committed roughly $1 billion to the climate crusade since leaving the mayor’s office.

“This campaign will ensure that after the 2020 election, the next Administration inherits a country on its way to a 100 percent clean energy economy,” Bloomberg said.

Beyond Carbon has four goals lobby states to pass 100 percent “clean” energy laws, funnel more money to environmentalists, expand existing anti-fossil fuel campaigns and get “climate champions” elected to state and local office.

Bloomberg declined to run for president in 2020, but pledged to use his vast wealth to help dismantle the fossil fuel industry, enact gun control and defeat President Donald Trump.

Outside of election funding, the Sierra Club has been a major beneficiary of Bloomberg’s largess. Bloomberg has given more than $150 million the Sierra Club’s anti-fossil fuel campaigns since 2011.

More than 280 coal plants have closed or been slated for closure since 2010, The New York Times reported. Beyond Carbon, Bloomberg says, will aim to close the remaining 241 coal plants by 2030.

Coal power generation and mining employed 160,119 American workers in 2016, according to the U.S. Energy Department. The coal industry has been in decline over the past decade due to federal and state regulations as well as competition from natural gas.

“The loss of fuel-secure electricity sources, especially coal-fueled power plants, pose an increasing threat to the power grid, as well as to national security,” said Michelle Bloodworth, president of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, which represents coal producers, utilities and railroads.

“While a political campaign aimed at closing all coal plants may make for an attractive soundbite in some quarters, it is not a responsible plan that our policymakers should adopt,” Bloodworth told TheDCNF.

The cost to replace all that shuttered coal capacity would also be staggering, ClearView Energy Partners director Kevin Book told The Times. He estimated replacing coal with wind and solar power and the necessary battery storage would cost $950 billion.

“It’s not going to be easy to do what he’s talking about doing,” Book told the Times.

“We will employ the same advocacy, legal, and electoral strategies that have proven so successful in retiring coal-fired power plants … and also in passing gun safety background check laws in states around the country,” Bloomberg said.

Conservative critics, however, see Bloomberg’s campaign as an attack on working men and women, often union members, that used to be the backbone of the Democratic Party.

“Bloomberg just made a half-billion dollar contribution to Democrats, who have abandoned American working people and the unions who represent them for the faculty lounge and the students they brainwash to worry about the weather,” Kish said.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Mike Bloomberg Devotes $500 Million To Kill Coal Jobs, Influence 2020 Elections is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Yes we are to take care of the planet. O the arrogance of man to think he can control God's weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of that $500 million (not much) may feed hungry children.  That would be good.  Some will allow rich people to buy vacation rentals providing jobs to the working class.  Lots of Poly-Sci college interns will get their hours signed off for their resumes.  So its not all bad.  Just one million send my way could be a blessing--I have ideas for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
22 hours ago, GaoLu said:

Some of that $500 million (not much) may feed hungry children.  That would be good.  Some will allow rich people to buy vacation rentals providing jobs to the working class.  Lots of Poly-Sci college interns will get their hours signed off for their resumes.  So its not all bad.  Just one million send my way could be a blessing--I have ideas for it.

He wants to influence voters to vote for the Left. 58+ million unborn children murdered in the womb, 500 million going to the party which advocates for that and you want to count possible trickle down economics as a blessing GaoLu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, CDN said:

By Michael Bastasch -

Michael_Bloomberg_2008_crop-e13524179399

http://dailycaller.com/

  • Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend another $500 million to continue his war against the coal industry.
  • Bloomberg will fund environmentalist campaigns at the state and local level to replace coal plants with wind and solar energy.
  • Conservative critics said Bloomberg’s campaign will kill thousands of jobs and leave communities devastated.

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend $500 million to close every remaining U.S. coal-fired power plant and stop the expansion of natural gas.

Bloomberg will fund environmental activist lobbying campaigns in state legislatures, city councils and public utility commissions. Activists will demand officials replace coal plants with renewable energy, not natural gas.

“We’re in a race against time with climate change, and yet there is virtually no hope of bold federal action on this issue for at least another two years,” Bloomberg said in a statement Thursday.

For Democratic politicians and environmentalists looking to make climate change the top issue in the 2020 elections, Bloomberg’s funding is most welcome. For conservatives and the coal industry, it’s a nightmare.

“This is about feeding the soldiers of the green left to affect the outcome of the 2020 elections,” Dan Kish, a distinguished senior fellow at the Institute for Energy Research, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Bloomberg will announce his “Beyond Carbon” plan during his commencement speech at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. With this new spending, Bloomberg will have committed roughly $1 billion to the climate crusade since leaving the mayor’s office.

“This campaign will ensure that after the 2020 election, the next Administration inherits a country on its way to a 100 percent clean energy economy,” Bloomberg said.

Beyond Carbon has four goals lobby states to pass 100 percent “clean” energy laws, funnel more money to environmentalists, expand existing anti-fossil fuel campaigns and get “climate champions” elected to state and local office.

Bloomberg declined to run for president in 2020, but pledged to use his vast wealth to help dismantle the fossil fuel industry, enact gun control and defeat President Donald Trump.

Outside of election funding, the Sierra Club has been a major beneficiary of Bloomberg’s largess. Bloomberg has given more than $150 million the Sierra Club’s anti-fossil fuel campaigns since 2011.

More than 280 coal plants have closed or been slated for closure since 2010, The New York Times reported. Beyond Carbon, Bloomberg says, will aim to close the remaining 241 coal plants by 2030.

Coal power generation and mining employed 160,119 American workers in 2016, according to the U.S. Energy Department. The coal industry has been in decline over the past decade due to federal and state regulations as well as competition from natural gas.

“The loss of fuel-secure electricity sources, especially coal-fueled power plants, pose an increasing threat to the power grid, as well as to national security,” said Michelle Bloodworth, president of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, which represents coal producers, utilities and railroads.

“While a political campaign aimed at closing all coal plants may make for an attractive soundbite in some quarters, it is not a responsible plan that our policymakers should adopt,” Bloodworth told TheDCNF.

The cost to replace all that shuttered coal capacity would also be staggering, ClearView Energy Partners director Kevin Book told The Times. He estimated replacing coal with wind and solar power and the necessary battery storage would cost $950 billion.

“It’s not going to be easy to do what he’s talking about doing,” Book told the Times.

“We will employ the same advocacy, legal, and electoral strategies that have proven so successful in retiring coal-fired power plants … and also in passing gun safety background check laws in states around the country,” Bloomberg said.

Conservative critics, however, see Bloomberg’s campaign as an attack on working men and women, often union members, that used to be the backbone of the Democratic Party.

“Bloomberg just made a half-billion dollar contribution to Democrats, who have abandoned American working people and the unions who represent them for the faculty lounge and the students they brainwash to worry about the weather,” Kish said.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

 

Mike Bloomberg Devotes $500 Million To Kill Coal Jobs, Influence 2020 Elections is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Amazing isn't it ? Throw jobs out of the picture just to satisfy a personal vendetta against a valuable resource . New Yorkers just love misery ,or they are just as insane as this clown .    M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 9:52 AM, William said:

He wants to influence voters to vote for the Left. 58+ million unborn children murdered in the womb, 500 million going to the party which advocates for that and you want to count possible trickle down economics as a blessing GaoLu?

No, I don't.  I was being facetious thinking it irony. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...