Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
James Honigman

THE 3RD DAY BEGINS

Recommended Posts

James Honigman

The Apostle Peter did not want us skipping over this scripture for good reason:  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  11 Peter 3:8.  Using that Divine formula for time, our beloved Jesus was crucified 2 days ago. Now consider that our Lord Jesus Christ declared in all of the Gospels, multiple times, that He would rise again on the 3rd day. That 3rd day should begin during this generation then, right? I think Peter, and the Lord, did not want us to be ignorant of that one thing. It is also one of the many reasons I believe we are the generation that shall not pass. For more on what is about to happen, I would humbly invite everyone to visit my website, sataniscoming.com.  

Share this post


Link to post
theophilus
18 hours ago, James Honigman said:

For more on what is about to happen, I would humbly invite everyone to visit my website, sataniscoming.com.  

Satan is already here.  We are waiting for Jesus to return and banish him to the bottomless pit.

  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

If a thousand years is as one day does that make each of 'our years' 365 thousands years. Or was Peter using an old quote to imply God is out side of what we call time? 

Share this post


Link to post
James Honigman

Hi Becky. Yes, I do believe the heavenly realm is outside of what we consider "time" to be, time is for the flesh life. However, there are only a few Biblical verses which are highlighted by the Holy Spirit. When He tells us not to be ignorant of His time formula, we should believe Him, and trust that He is telling us something profound. If you read my website you can see that TIME is one of the ways we are identified as the final generation. Allow me to go one step further with you. I believe Adam was created 4004 B.C. In other words, our generation is exactly 6 days out from Adam's creation. There are only 7 days in a week and the 7th day, the millennial day, is about to begin.  Just some thoughts, thanks for your input. James. 

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

The first time i heard the one thousand years for each day of the week was about 1956  At that time , by who ever the guy was, the idea was was Christ's return would be  'sunrise of the seventh day."   ( I keep thinking that was Swaggarts teaching but not sure) 

I read the formula to be saying God is out side of 'our' time. Many others read as you have presented it. 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

Where in the Scriptures do we read of the finial generation?

Share this post


Link to post
James Honigman

Hello again Becky. The actual quotes you are probably looking for can be found in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, however the final generation is written of throughout the Holy Bible, if you know where to look. Again, if you have not done so yet, let me suggest reading my website, sataniscoming.com, it is all about what I believe our generation will have to face when the end comes. Thanks for your interest in the final days, that only leaves this watchman a billion seeds to plant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator
1 hour ago, James Honigman said:

Hello again Becky. The actual quotes you are probably looking for can be found in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, however the final generation is written of throughout the Holy Bible, if you know where to look. Again, if you have not done so yet, let me suggest reading my website, sataniscoming.com, it is all about what I believe our generation will have to face when the end comes. Thanks for your interest in the final days, that only leaves this watchman a billion seeds to plant. 

Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 
Mar 13:30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 

Luk 21:32  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 

Jesus says 'this generation' you say the finial generation .. What understanding is that you use to come to the conclusion Jesus did not mean what He said? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, theophilus said:

Satan is already here.  We are waiting for Jesus to return and banish him to the bottomless pit.

Bravo ! I'll sign on to that ...   M

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, James Honigman said:

The Apostle Peter did not want us skipping over this scripture for good reason:  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  11 Peter 3:8.  Using that Divine formula for time, our beloved Jesus was crucified 2 days ago. Now consider that our Lord Jesus Christ declared in all of the Gospels, multiple times, that He would rise again on the 3rd day. That 3rd day should begin during this generation then, right? I think Peter, and the Lord, did not want us to be ignorant of that one thing. It is also one of the many reasons I believe we are the generation that shall not pass. For more on what is about to happen, I would humbly invite everyone to visit my website, sataniscoming.com.  

I don't think that Peter was expressing anything of any theological significance  . He was only saying that God is not constrained  by the limits of time and space. For instance we really cannot determine when creation actually began.  All who have placed a particular date on the creation story have it at approx. seven thousand years ago . After that we judge time periods as being either Before the birth of Christ , or After the death of Christ . Some religions that have difficulty with Jesus actually being God  do not use BC or AD. They use BCE ,Before the Christian Era . God will surely accomplish His purposes and promises, even though it may appear that He is slow in doing so.     M

Share this post


Link to post
James Honigman

Hi Matthew. I agree that TIME in the heavenly realm is fairly insignificant as compared to our flesh existence, and in our Heavenly Father's Divine formula for time He is reinforcing that belief. However, when He tells us not to be ignorant of something, He means it. I would also be careful of accusing our Father of being slow.  In fact, everything happening down here is on a perfect timetable, His timetable.  As stated, there is an appointed time for everything, a time for every purpose under the heaven, and those times are exact.  In my opinion, the epistles of James, John, Peter and Jude were used to fill in many of the "blank spaces" of the Holy Bible that the Holy Spirit wanted to be known or emphasized. For instance, the fate of the fallen angels of Genesis 6 or the importance of righteousness and sin in our lives, or the 3 heaven and earth ages. Just considering out loud, thanks for your input. James. 

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator
On 6/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, James Honigman said:

Hello again Becky. The actual quotes you are probably looking for can be found in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, however the final generation is written of throughout the Holy Bible, if you know where to look. Again, if you have not done so yet, let me suggest reading my website, sataniscoming.com, it is all about what I believe our generation will have to face when the end comes. Thanks for your interest in the final days, that only leaves this watchman a billion seeds to plant. 

 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, Becky said:

Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 
Mar 13:30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 

Luk 21:32  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 

Jesus says 'this generation' you say the finial generation .. What understanding is that you use to come to the conclusion Jesus did not mean what He said? 

 

Where do the Scriptures say the finial generation ? 

Share this post


Link to post
James Honigman

Becky, I am going to assume you are somewhat confused by my posting and not just trying to argue like so many "Biblical scholars" love to do. All three of those chapters are the Lord's response to His disciples concerning the final generation. They asked Him, Tell us, when shall these things be, and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?  That is Matthew 24.3 and the rest of the chapter details what is about to happen to that final generation including His pronouncement that This generation shall not pass. What generation? The generation they are asking Him about. I hope that helps to clarify. Thanks again for your interest. James. 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
46 minutes ago, James Honigman said:

Becky, I am going to assume you are somewhat confused by my posting and not just trying to argue like so many "Biblical scholars" love to do. All three of those chapters are the Lord's response to His disciples concerning the final generation. They asked Him, Tell us, when shall these things be, and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?  That is Matthew 24.3 and the rest of the chapter details what is about to happen to that final generation including His pronouncement that This generation shall not pass. What generation? The generation they are asking Him about. I hope that helps to clarify. Thanks again for your interest. James. 

Are those "signs" an indication of some future event that will begin "all of a sudden"? Or are those things being made manifest then and now and will continue until completion? The reason for my question is because a future event would have little relevancy for past generations "this generation" and the generation now but only a final future generation. Just seems to me that such theology plays on the uncertainty of God's sovereignty NOW. Why wouldn't the Scriptures be pertinent to all generations? In other words not a single generation shall pass, including the very generation Jesus was addressing which experienced the truth of His expression, the very generation whose cities were burned and destroyed, and whose temple and country was laid waste. There is no generation that is exempt from Christ's prophecy but the calamities of every generation serve to test the perseverance of the saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator
20 hours ago, James Honigman said:

Becky, I am going to assume you are somewhat confused by my posting and not just trying to argue like so many "Biblical scholars" love to do. All three of those chapters are the Lord's response to His disciples concerning the final generation. They asked Him, Tell us, when shall these things be, and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?  That is Matthew 24.3 and the rest of the chapter details what is about to happen to that final generation including His pronouncement that This generation shall not pass. What generation? The generation they are asking Him about. I hope that helps to clarify. Thanks again for your interest. James. 

Not confused at all . 

"Finial generationl" is your understanding, was mine for a good number of years...  Jesus said 'this generation' didn't He?  As you quoted above. 

I no longer see or read the Olivet Discourse as a prophesy to what you will call the last days i read the Olivet Discourse to be a prophesy of the coming destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple way of worship. I will not ask again where you find "finial generation' .  You have offered the the explanation expected .     

This site is large take a look around lots of information up for discussion. 🙂 Welcome

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...