The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
KevinL

Prayers against spiritual warfare

I hope I'm in the right place to post this, I am battling some horrible spiritual warfare right now and if possible I would appreciate your prayers. Before I start I want to say I have been praying a great deal each day throughout this year, and the past couple years about this. I also recognize that God tests us to break us down so we can be used according to his will, I need to lean on his understanding and not mine, his ways are above my ways but I have arrived at what feels like I have been surrounded by an oppression so strong with hate I don't know how to describe it. The enemy is using people to come against me at overwhelming odds for seemingly no reason. I want to hold onto the Lord with all of my heart and soul through this storm and I will do all I can to prove my gratitude for the gift of salvation thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ. Prayers from the community would help a lot even though I have to keep the specifics of this between God and me.

Kevin

Hello Kevin and welcome to ChristForums. I pray right now unto the Lord that He will guide you through this storm and that you lean more strongly on His strength. For the battle belongs to the Lord - for His glorification.

Welcome to CF, Kevin. Nice to meet you. I appreciate your willingness to share your prayer request here. Please know that I’m standing with you in prayer, asking the Lord to intervene in your situation, work out everything good for you, and protect you under the shadow of His wings. Remember that He cares about every detail of your life. May you rest in the assurance the psalmist expressed when he wrote: “In the day of trouble I shall call upon Thee, for Thou wilt answer me” (Psalm 86:7). Grace and peace to you.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, KevinL said:

I hope I'm in the right place to post this, I am battling some horrible spiritual warfare right now and if possible I would appreciate your prayers. Before I start I want to say I have been praying a great deal each day throughout this year, and the past couple years about this. I also recognize that God tests us to break us down so we can be used according to his will, I need to lean on his understanding and not mine, his ways are above my ways but I have arrived at what feels like I have been surrounded by an oppression so strong with hate I don't know how to describe it. The enemy is using people to come against me at overwhelming odds for seemingly no reason. I want to hold onto the Lord with all of my heart and soul through this storm and I will do all I can to prove my gratitude for the gift of salvation thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ. Prayers from the community would help a lot even though I have to keep the specifics of this between God and me.

Kevin

Oppression and hatred directed at one of God's saints do not happen for any reason . Unless we can claim to have a true spirit filled life fully devoted to God we can never expect to sever any evil relationships with the world and worldliness . Christianity is not a casual byword that many  use in conversations and often times in relationships  to announce to others that they believe in God . Believing is one thing but actually believing and having a genuine saving relationship with Almighty God that  entitles us to His love, gifts, privilege of prayer and multitude of promises freely given to us, we will never fully and completely enjoy all that He has for us by His dying in our stead on the cross . Jesus angered many of the religious leaders of His day when He stated ; " For he to whom much is given , much is required." Lk.12:48 . The gift of life eternal is reserved for only those who have it and those who will eventually receive  it. But there is a price to pay. And that is to be wholly and completely severed from the world and to be wholly and fully committed  to God. The moment we let down the wall that separates us from the world we allow the world to enter our coveted space with God and we begin operating in our own former secular ways . That is when God makes it very difficult for us to continue in a world we are estranged from and makes provision for us re-enter His saving grace and fellowship. Some of those ways may not be pleasant . Like hearing insults and being shunned from secular circles.  The Holy Spirit will not remain dormant. He is going to reveal Christ by the obedience and  actions of His redeemed people . You can be in the world, but you don't have to be OF the world. I would seek the advice of a reputable pastor who can add to much of what I have said here . Don't try to provide your own answers and heal your own wounds. IT WILL NOT WORK ! SO DON'T TRY IT !   M

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 3:13 AM, KevinL said:

...I am battling some horrible spiritual warfare right now and if possible I would appreciate your prayers... The enemy is using people to come against me at overwhelming odds for seemingly no reason.... Prayers from the community would help a lot even though I have to keep the specifics of this between God and me.

Hi Kevin,

If you have good Christian Friend(s) to approach with your sincere Confession, do it. James 5:16.

It's far better to pray knowing (the spiritual side of) the whole story.

So, I pray for the Holy Will of GOD to be done in your life.

Igor