The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Monergism

List of Heresies

• Adoptionism The belief Jesus is not eternally God but became God sometime after His birth
  • Antinomianism The belief that Christians are not bound by God’s law and are free to sin as they please. That Jesus' rescues from the guilt of sin but not its power..
  • Anti-Paulism The belief that the Apostle Paul was a heretic and that the books he wrote are not a part of Biblical Canon
  • Arianism The belief that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were lesser, created beings and  not persons of the Godhead .
  • Christian Deism The belief that God does not intervene in or interact with the world
  • Docetism - Believes that Jesus was divine but only seemed to be human.
  • Donatism - Efficacy of the sacraments depends on character of the minister.
  • Dual Covenant Theology The belief that Jews can still be saved without believing in Jesus
  • Eutychianism - Jesus finite human nature is swallowed up in His infinite divine nature.
  • Gay Theology - The belief that homosexuality is not a sin.

View the full article

Staff

People will believe weird stuff. 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:17 PM, Becky said:

People will believe weird stuff. 

Hey, that's because the weird resonates with weird people. 💃

The gay theology in the list of heresies has a sponsor. Believe it or not, the gay bible. It was inevitable I guess. It's immoral theology really. Because at one time gay meant happy, exuberant, and like that. Then the word was changed to replace the clinical sounding, "homo-sexual". Then the rainbow that was the first sign of God after the deluge to show he'd resurrected a new world was stolen and made into the flag of the sexually immoral. It is marched in pride parades as a banner that heralds and celebrates damnation. 

The real fact of all this is, the homosexual pride march comes to a screaming halt at the gates of Hell. 

All the other heresies are in my opinion an example of the egocentrism particular to the human race.