The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Becky

What year is this ?

Staff

'Brethren the end of the Age is upon us..All over the world , refelective minds are discerning the fact that we are on the eve of another of those far-reaching crisis which make the history of our race...Those who look out on present conditions are forced to conclude that the consummation of this dispensation is at hand... The sands in the hour glass of this Day of Salvation have almost run out.The signs of the Times demonstrate it. 'But',it may be asked,'Have not other ages as well as the present one been crowded with signs of distress?". Undoubtedly....They unduly magnified the evil and erred in their calculations....But today, the Signs are so plain they cannot be mis-read, though the foolish may close their eyes and refuse to examine them. What these Signs are we have shown at length in chapter six and if the evidence there furnished has not convinced the reader that the Lord is at hand,then there is little hope any further arguments drawn from Scripture will do so.

A Pink, The Redeemer's Return, 1918

As quoted p 93, Perilous Times ,K Gentry

• Like 1

I’ve always been of the opinion, if something is truth, you don’t argue anybody into, at least, God’s truth, in the first place, 1 Corinthians 2:14, John 16:13, Philippians 2:14. In fact, most of the world only believes what they want to believe, including many, so-called, anyway, Christians, this often even regardless thus saith the Lord, scripture to the contrary.

For so long, most of my life, I examined the world in terms of eschatology, always having been one that agrees Israel is the fig tree of the Matthew 24 parable. My own view has been 1967 pivotal, because national Israel is not Israel, in scripture prophecy, sans Jerusalem, and, in terms of 1948, when you plant a tree, it isn't yet putting forth leaves. I always think of a tree you get at a nursery, in a root ball, how it has no leaves, when you plant it. Hence, I've always been prone to think 1967 may have something to do with the generation clock, of course not adamant this is absolute truth, just what I find most plausible.

All that said, though, in recent years it dawns on me the greater reality of eternal life, by His Spirit, we now have. We await the blessed hope, yearn to be with the Lord and His, bodily, to be redeemed from this corrupt world, but I've more and more come to a place where we don't know when, and, live or die, in this body, we never die, by His Spirit. His Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of Christ, is our eternal life. So, instead of anticipating a liberation from a situation I don't like, it has become more like a yearning to move to a better neighborhood, but less urgency I live to see His coming in the clouds, as, when you become still in your spirit, fully take leave of the Satanic world in your heart and think on the things of God, you know He is already here, alive in us, the world, flesh and the devil more a nuisance you don't have to give a foothold: we have the joy of His presence, now. Sometimes, simply meditating on some great scripture, that points to the greatness of our God and His promises to believers, I may as well be in heaven! 1 John 1:1-4, Philippians 4:7.

In a very real sense, when we were born again of the Spirit, we took part in a second coming. In other words, whether in this body or another, He is always with us. I don't get so antsy, anymore, to look for signs, when, also, bottom line, the Lord Jesus will open the seals in His time. Some people speak as if events, signs of societal deterioration, will lead to the apocalypse, that things will get worse and worse, until, as if, God has to intervene, but this is not so. God is in control, not the devil, and, regardless of anything people are claiming of the news, all things will unfold by God's actions, and only in His time, Revelation 5:9. Until then, God will sustain and restrain that total takeover of evil in this world. There will be no antichrist rise, by force of the devil. As a matter of fact, on the web, all these people trying to insert every weather event, war, every other political leader the antichrist, etc, inserts these things into scripture prophecy are, to my mind, simply foolish. What's worse, it is far from Christian to claim any man is the antichrist, without absolute proof (don't hold your breath for that), such an accusation the worst of slanders, and the word devil means slanderer. You'd be hard pressed to find a slanderer can even have a prophetic ministry. 

Of course, many of these are simply deluded or outright frauds, self-promoters, looking for attention, video views and the like, claiming their rehashing the news is, as if, the work of some prophet, some prophecy ministry. I used to look at some websites, daily, of purported "prophetic" news, until it became clear they're just lifting stuff from Drudge or wherever, then calling it prophecy news. It attracts views, sells books or DVDs, but the likes of a hurricane or what some Godless, idiot liberal says have precious little to do with scripture, are not signs the Lord Jesus is about to open the seals. Furthermore, those of us that look for the rapture, there are no signs that precede the Lord coming as a thief in the night, hence also why all generations, including the first century church, have thought perhaps their generation that of the return of the Lord. On the other hand, we do have most every eschatological piece in place now that could not have even been understood, in previous generations, before our eyes, a long list of things that need not be rehashed, such that all prophecy could be fulfilled, as people run to and fro in cars and planes, Daniel 12:4. We can now, truly, can see how the “puzzle pieces” could fit, unlike any other generation. 

In any case, these are beautiful verses,

Revelation 22:20-21 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Is that not the perfect ending, to a perfect Book?

• Toast 1