SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Dean Scott

Have you heard about SovereignGraceSingles.com?

Dean Scott
Staff
Posted (edited)

Hi All!

I am a Brand New Member here and I must say WELL DONE WILLIAM!!!

William is a former webmaster to a website I own and I asked him if I could post this here.

Well, the website is www.SovereignGraceSingles.com and it was begun in 2004 and launched January of 2005. Please check it out if you know of any Reformed "singles" who might be interested!

If you want to learn more about it, it was featured in Christianity Today (and attached) and Christian Renewal (attached) and other places online.:

Here are a few Testimonials!:

Looking for a Reformed Friendship or a Godly spouse?

American Vision and Tolle Lege Press recommend SovereignGraceSingles.com.

If you are reformed and single (but would like quality Reformed friends or to get married), we have found the perfect website for you. SovereignGraceSingles.com is a website for Reformed singles to meet and start God-honoring relationships.

Unlike other "Christian" dating websites, Sovereign Grace Singles is a truly Reformed and Christian website, started and run by Reformed believers. Pastors and parents are welcome on the site, too!

Go to Sovereign Grace Singles to create a free account and start browsing the profiles of other Reformed singles on the site.

Quick facts about Sovereign Grace Singles:

Started in 2005

Over 900 current members (as of 2006)

Responsible for dozens of marriages

Created and run by Reformed Christians

What Reformed Pastors say about Sovereign Grace Singles:

Dean L. Scott, in Tacoma, Wash., started SovereignGraceSingles.com (SGS) January 2005. The purpose of SGS is to give an opportunity for single men and women committed to the Reformed faith from around the world to meet other Christians of like mind and persuasion. SGS professes itself to be in contrast to other Christian singles sites where emphasis is placed more on personality profiles than a personal walk with Christ. Share this site with your single Reformed friends:
www.sovereigngracesingles.com.
~ Dominic Aquila, Editor, PCA Newsletter/The Aquila Report

Thank you for all your work on this website. You have done some very good work to put SGS together. I have given thanks to God for its establishment and will continue to pray that the Lord uses it and to let others know of its existence.
Sincerely in Christ,
~ Boyd - OPC Pastor

Sovereign Grace Singles is the best place I know, on the internet, for Reformed minded Christian singles to meet.
~ Pastor Arnold Brevick- PCA

Four of my six children found Christian spouses via Sovereign Grace Singles. Along with proper supervision in a true courtship, this can be a very useful tool for people to meet Christian mates, and is a far superior method to the modern dating system.
~ John Ashwood, Pastor of Sovereign Grace Church of Muskogee, OK

What has the Media said about SGS?

Christianity Today's Interview with SGS' Founder, Dean Scott

Restless, Reformed, and Single.docx An Internet Connection for Reformed Single1.docx

Edited by Dean Scott
Trying to make Title in CAPS like others are.
  • Like 1

James
On 5/16/2019 at 7:32 AM, Dean Scott said:

Hi All!

I am a Brand New Member here and I must say WELL DONE WILLIAM!!!

William is a former webmaster to a website I own and I asked him if I could post this here.

Well, the website is www.SovereignGraceSingles.com and it was begun in 2004 and launched January of 2005. Please check it out if you know of any Reformed "singles" who might be interested!

If you want to learn more about it, it was featured in Christianity Today (and attached) and Christian Renewal (attached) and other places online.:

Here are a few Testimonials!:

Looking for a Reformed Friendship or a Godly spouse?

American Vision and Tolle Lege Press recommend SovereignGraceSingles.com.

If you are reformed and single (but would like quality Reformed friends or to get married), we have found the perfect website for you. SovereignGraceSingles.com is a website for Reformed singles to meet and start God-honoring relationships.

Unlike other "Christian" dating websites, Sovereign Grace Singles is a truly Reformed and Christian website, started and run by Reformed believers. Pastors and parents are welcome on the site, too!

Go to Sovereign Grace Singles to create a free account and start browsing the profiles of other Reformed singles on the site.

Quick facts about Sovereign Grace Singles:

Started in 2005

Over 900 current members (as of 2006)

Responsible for dozens of marriages

Created and run by Reformed Christians

What Reformed Pastors say about Sovereign Grace Singles:

Dean L. Scott, in Tacoma, Wash., started SovereignGraceSingles.com (SGS) January 2005. The purpose of SGS is to give an opportunity for single men and women committed to the Reformed faith from around the world to meet other Christians of like mind and persuasion. SGS professes itself to be in contrast to other Christian singles sites where emphasis is placed more on personality profiles than a personal walk with Christ. Share this site with your single Reformed friends:
www.sovereigngracesingles.com.
~ Dominic Aquila, Editor, PCA Newsletter/The Aquila Report

Thank you for all your work on this website. You have done some very good work to put SGS together. I have given thanks to God for its establishment and will continue to pray that the Lord uses it and to let others know of its existence.
Sincerely in Christ,
~ Boyd - OPC Pastor

Sovereign Grace Singles is the best place I know, on the internet, for Reformed minded Christian singles to meet.
~ Pastor Arnold Brevick- PCA

Four of my six children found Christian spouses via Sovereign Grace Singles. Along with proper supervision in a true courtship, this can be a very useful tool for people to meet Christian mates, and is a far superior method to the modern dating system.
~ John Ashwood, Pastor of Sovereign Grace Church of Muskogee, OK

What has the Media said about SGS?

Christianity Today's Interview with SGS' Founder, Dean Scott

Restless, Reformed, and Single.docx 21.5 kB · 21 downloads An Internet Connection for Reformed Single1.docx 62.54 kB · 16 downloads

Welcome to the community Dean. Thank you for your service of helping Christian singles find that soul mate they are searching for. As a single guy myself, I had a look at your website and decided to join. There seems to be an issue with me making an account, I've done the sign up request and for some reason I am just not receiving a confirmation email to complete registration. I've re-applied the confirmation email a few times, however I am not receiving anything in my email inbox, including my trash/spam folders etc. Any reason why this would happen?

William
Staff
6 hours ago, James said:

Welcome to the community Dean. Thank you for your service of helping Christian singles find that soul mate they are searching for. As a single guy myself, I had a look at your website and decided to join. There seems to be an issue with me making an account, I've done the sign up request and for some reason I am just not receiving a confirmation email to complete registration. I've re-applied the confirmation email a few times, however I am not receiving anything in my email inbox, including my trash/spam folders etc. Any reason why this would happen?

Whitelist the sovereigngracesingles.com domain. 

Dean Scott
Staff

James...

You can email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it.

What email did you use? Username?

I might need to "verify" it on my end... often Confirmation emails go to spam or are blocked.

Welcome to "SGS"! GREAT changes/improvements are in the works!!!

Dean

William
Staff
On 11/23/2019 at 10:44 AM, Dean Scott said:

James...

You can email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it.

What email did you use? Username?

I might need to "verify" it on my end... often Confirmation emails go to spam or are blocked.

Welcome to "SGS"! GREAT changes/improvements are in the works!!!

Dean

The problem is that creating an account will not solve the email problem on the member's end. They will not receive future email notifications. Whitelisting ensures that the emails will make it through. However, the old SGS if I am correct sends registration email from Wordpress and not the SGS domain. Two different sources of email. It is possible that James' email provider has blacklisted the WP domain or that his spam settings are set too high. Whitelisting the SGS domain will ensure that James receives future notifications by SGS after you create an account. 

Otherwise, James, hold tight because SGS is coming to this site in January 2020. I don't want to announce to the old SGS this current site domain because I'm worried about the migration process creating duplicate accounts if an account is brought over and one already exists here. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:32 AM, Dean Scott said:

Just want to say I did not create the old SGS site. That is the work of my predecessor. Hope you don't mind me distancing myself from the old SGS @Dean Scott?

Just Mike

William and others that I love. I am not a single by a long shot. Cathy and I just celebrated our 50th last Sept.

I don't see how I can fit. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to join a group that its main reason is for singles? I will deeply miss CF/

Thank you for any help you might be. God bless. 

• Like 2

Becky
1 hour ago, Just Mike said:

William and others that I love. I am not a single by a long shot. Cathy and I just celebrated our 50th last Sept.

I don't see how I can fit. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to join a group that its main reason is for singles? I will deeply miss CF/

We will still be here.  🙂

Dean Scott
Staff
10 hours ago, William said:

Just want to say I did not create the old SGS site. That is the work of my predecessor. Hope you don't mind me distancing myself from the old SGS @Dean Scott?

William....

ABsolutely! You did NOT create the "old" SGS.... it is/was built with WP which you hate and is hooooorrible!

Dean Scott
Staff
7 hours ago, Just Mike said:

Mike...

We would love to have you continue and i think William wants and can make thst happen if you wish!

Dean

James
18 hours ago, William said:

The problem is that creating an account will not solve the email problem on the member's end. They will not receive future email notifications. Whitelisting ensures that the emails will make it through. However, the old SGS if I am correct sends registration email from Wordpress and not the SGS domain. Two different sources of email. It is possible that James' email provider has blacklisted the WP domain or that his spam settings are set too high. Whitelisting the SGS domain will ensure that James receives future notifications by SGS after you create an account. 

Otherwise, James, hold tight because SGS is coming to this site in January 2020. I don't want to announce to the old SGS this current site domain because I'm worried about the migration process creating duplicate accounts if an account is brought over and one already exists here. 

My account at SGS on the other website had been confirmed, it was as Dean thought an issue at his end, which he kindly sorted out. 

Please correct me if I wrong, but I am under the impression with seeing recent posts, that the Protestant 'christforums' will become primarily a dating site? With maybe a forum attached. Instead of just a forum? 

Although I am a single man & would benefit greatly from using a Christ centered reformed dating site I have my concerns. As Mike pointed out, some users are long time married, or have no desire for dating. I hope if this is the case we don't lose some members, even if some are gained it would be a shame to see a complete transition between a Protestant forum to a dating site. My reasoning for this is that there just isn't many if at all other active conservative Protestant forums on the web for fellowship and debate. This could become a loss for some users.

Besides my worry of loosing a forum, I hope whatever you guys have planned becomes successful & fruitful. 

William
Staff
2 hours ago, James said:

Please correct me if I wrong, but I am under the impression with seeing recent posts, that the Protestant 'christforums' will become primarily a dating site? With maybe a forum attached. Instead of just a forum? 

When we are closer to the new SGS launch date a newsletter will go out as well as an article published on site which will explain the new design and services provided. I hope to walk members through various subscription services as well as on an onsite tour. My target release date is the first half of January 2020.

William
Staff
15 hours ago, Just Mike said:

Hi Mike, 

In hopes of clarifying any confusion until a formal design news letter and article are distributed:

From the CF Protestant Community perspective things aren't changing in way of site design. From the old SGS site perspective things aren't changing pertaining to single fellowship and online dating services. 

However, the Protestant Community will be based on a free tier which doesn't include some of the services as previously offered. For the SGS community they'll receive all the bells and whistles. 

Feel free to remain @Mike. Post where you can as you won't be able to enter or post in areas that are for SGS singles only. In the forums the SGS forum areas are private and they cannot be opened by non SGS subscribers. 

The Free Protestant Community is a service provided by SGS at no costs. It is not only for Protestants but also a way for people to test the software of the site before purchasing the Singles subscriptions. In addition, relationships are formed by singles on SGS. Once they meet that special someone they may remain in the free tier or Protestant Community rather than being forced to leave. Married couples and/or widows have a place on SGS as well being part of an active online community.  

God bless,

William

• Informative 1

Just Mike

William I know this has been a difficult year for you. I am so glad you moved away from CA. I am excited for you in moving to your new home. Your mother will be so proud that you are helping her.

Retirement for older folks is a challenge, and with help from the family (which is a godly principal) I believe God will bless your obedience.   As a man of prayer which I know you are, the changes ahead will be a rewarding lifetime of Gods blessings.  I truly thank you for all the work you have put into CF. My wish for you is to have a very blessed thanksgiving. God bless you and your family.

Mike

• Love 2

Becky

@Just Mike This has not been a smooth your for you brother, Happy to see you will have another holiday season! 

Just Mike
20 hours ago, Becky said:

@Just Mike This has not been a smooth your for you brother, Happy to see you will have another holiday season! 

I am so blessed and I will share with you, that after the 30 radiation treatments were completed on November 5th, as of November 17th There is no evidence of cancer. This totally shocked my cancer team. God has once again done far and above all that I could possibly ask for.

I do have some side effects that will take time to recover from. My total radiation treatments come to 69. This has been very difficult for my wife and family. With the love and prayers from our church family it has been amazing to see how this has blessed so many people that has watched all this happen. God is amazingly wonderful. All we asked our church and family and friends to pray for was that "I am in the center of Gods will". That is the only and best place to be.     Happy The Lords Thanksgiving.

Mike

• Love 1
  • Toast 1

Becky

Wonderful Mike Just wonderful Praise the Lord God .  

Psa 100:1  A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 
Psa 100:2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 
Psa 100:3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 
Psa 100:4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 
Psa 100:5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. 

Becky

What a great testimony for Thanksgiving..radiation is hard on the body and our loved ones, What a joy what comfort 

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 

Dean Scott
Staff
19 hours ago, Just Mike said:

I am so blessed and I will share with you, that after the 30 radiation treatments were completed on November 5th, as of November 17th There is no evidence of cancer. This totally shocked my cancer team. God has once again done far and above all that I could possibly ask for.

I do have some side effects that will take time to recover from. My total radiation treatments come to 69. This has been very difficult for my wife and family. With the love and prayers from our church family it has been amazing to see how this has blessed so many people that has watched all this happen. God is amazingly wonderful. All we asked our church and family and friends to pray for was that "I am in the center of Gods will". That is the only and best place to be.     Happy The Lords Thanksgiving.

Mike

Mike...

Tho' we have never met I am SO DELIGHTED to hear this!!!!!

Soli DEO Gloria!

Have a FANTASTIC THANKSGIVING with your family praising and THANKING Christ... Our ONLY Hope!

Dean