The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
GoodFruitForGod

We are living in the end times and most...

Staff
20 minutes ago, Becky said:

Sheesh @William take this from a born and raised Pentecostal they look for action then a pen. 

The Bible can be used as body armor when stuffed into clothing. If you see me doing this you know the kinda action I'm about to pen. 😆

15 minutes ago, Becky said:
WWW.GFFG.INFO

@William where is the flat basket ball?

HI @Faber image.png.0a62375dc28ef91f3a71ac339d519b1c.png

Here's proof that Basketballs are flat (A close up of the surface).

Basketball.jpg.b99c7d05f88a2d0f5c41085bb7a17aa1.jpg

5 hours ago, GoodFruitForGod said:

There are antichrists, and there is the antichrist, the man of sin, the son of perdition.

I believe that what I have been shown is accurate, therefore the timer will remain. If I'm wrong then I will admit I was wrong, not a big deal. Scripture even tells us prophecies will fail.

Not that I believe it will. The proof is there for those with the eyes to see and ears to hear.

[2Th 2:1-4 NKJV] 1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for [that Day will not come] unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

If the “man of sin” and “son of perdition” is to set himself up to be worshipped as God in the temple of God, then will they not need to remove the Dome of the Rock Mosque and rebuild the Temple first?  This assumes, of course, that it is a future event and not something that was fulfilled before the destruction of the Temple in AD 70.

As far as ‘end times’ predictions being accurate, I leave you with some advice from Jesus:

[Mat 24:36 NIV] 36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
[Mar 13:32 NIV] 32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Do you think that you are the Father?

• Wow 1

6 hours ago, Becky said:

What is the Biblical discription/definition  of antichrist.

ἀντίχριστος antíchristos, an-tee'-khris-tos; from G473 and G5547; an opponent of the Messiah

[1Jo 2:18, 22 NASB] 18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. ... 22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
[1Jo 4:3 NASB] 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the [spirit] of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
[2Jo 1:7 NASB] 7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

That’s all there is for that particular word in the WHOLE BIBLE.

• Best Answer 1

1 hour ago, GoodFruitForGod said:

Everyone needs to get in the word of God themselves and let God teach them and stop listening to me or anyone else. There are many lukewarm hypocritical Christians living for themselves and the pleasures of this short life rather than for God and the hope of salvation. That's what this post thread was meant for.

To quote a legal term ... you are stating facts not in evidence.  Who says there are “many lukewarm hypocritical Christians living for themselves and the pleasures of this short life rather than for God and the hope of salvation”?  You stated earlier that these “hypocritical” Christians were in church.  

Why on on earth would you think that in this postmodern, post-Christian age that anyone that had no interest in God would waste time in church unless their parents forced them to go.

Let’s take a moment to examine your charge of hypocrisy.  As I understand the Christian faith, all mankind is a hopeless sinner [Rom 3:9-12] and dead in our sins [Eph 2:1-3].  That it is only by the grace of God that we have been saved [Eph 2:8-9] and not because of our will or our effort [Rom 9:16].  So the only reasonable expectation for any church, is one should find a building full of fallen individuals saved by the grace of God and in some still flawed state of progressive sanctification.  

What have ave you observed to lead you to conclude “hypocrisy” on their part? Do they claim to be sinless?

If you need to find some honest to goodness sinners just trusting in the grace of God, you are welcome to visit my church.  I’ll introduce you to Barbara, the former Black Panther.  We can go and find James who struggles with crack addiction.  Mikail is a former drug dealer.  Each of them is an important part of keeping the church honest about who we are.  I think you could benefit from a little ‘earthy’ honesty.

• Like 1

Actually my property, though not level according to a Surveyor's Tool, it is flatter than it is round to the eye.