The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ConfessionalLutheran

Hi, It's Been Awhile..

Hello, brothers and sisters in Christ!

It's been awhile since I'd last posted here, so let me bring you all back up to speed. First and foremost, by God's grace alone, I am a believer. I have been a practicing member of Hope Lutheran Church in Manassas, VA, since 2014 and before that, I'd been a member of Hope Lutheran Church in Jacksonville, FL, since I was received by a reaffirmation of faith in February of 2013. Before that, I was a lost soul desperately searching for meaning until I was driven to my knees and had the courage to ask God exactly where He wanted me to be and where I could do the most good. Turns out that for me, the best place to grow spiritually was the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod ( www.lcms.org).

Fast forward to 2019. I had been seriously ill for several months, from September of 2018 to March. I had been assigned a Pulmonologist who had discovered that I had asthma and allergies to begin with and after a take- home sleep study, it seems that I've got severe sleep apnea, as well. I had an in- patient sleep study last week and I'll discuss the results of those with my lung doctor later this week. I'm sorry @William, for being gone for so long. I look forward to many interesting conversations here and to getting caught up to speed on the happenings around here!

Oh, yeah, my name is Andrew.

• Like 2
  • Love 1