The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
CDN

Person Throws Phone At Trump During NRA Speech

By Ben Whedon -

Donald-Trump-at-NRA-annual-meeting-2019-

http://dailycaller.com/

A person reportedly threw a phone at President Donald Trump during his speech at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention on Friday.

During Trump’s speech in Indianapolis Indiana, a person in the crowd threw what appears to be a phone at the president. The person was reportedly immediately taken into custody and is being questioned by the Secret Service, according to Fox News. The phone was thrown to the left of Trump and did not hit him, but flew by him on stage.

WATCH:

#BREAKING: A phone was thrown at @realDonaldTrump during his introduction at the @NRA convention.

The individual was swiftly arrested and the President continued with no problem. pic.twitter.com/EDcHwNgQl7

— Bradley Brewer (@realBradBrewer) April 26, 2019

“A man threw a cell phone on stage when President Trump walked out for his @nra speech,” Fox News contributor Katie Pavlich, tweeted. “He threw it stage left, while POTUS was closer to stage right.”

It is not yet clear if the person will be charged with a crime.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Person Throws Phone At Trump During NRA Speech is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

If I was a security guard there and I saw the act while it was taken place that person would have been shot. I would say (and justifiably so) that I thought they might have been throwing a grenade.

12 hours ago, Faber said:

If I was a security guard there and I saw the act while it was taken place that person would have been shot. I would say (and justifiably so) that I thought they might have been throwing a grenade.

Do you think shooting in that situation might have been overkill?

Staff
1 hour ago, GaoLu said:

Do you think shooting in that situation might have been overkill?

They say hindsight is 20/20.

Let's just say that I'd expect to be shot if I threw a laptop or a shoe past TSA. How much more so an object past Secret Service towards the President?

3 hours ago, William said:

They say hindsight is 20/20.

Let's just say that I'd expect to be shot if I threw a laptop or a shoe past TSA. How much more so an object past Secret Service towards the President?

Now that is a good point!

On 4/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, Faber said:

Being how far it was away from President Trump when it was captured on film and hit the stage I think it could have been a test to see how easily it would be to throw something incendiary. Like something that could be placed inside a cell phone so as to appear inconspicuous. Until a detonation code is entered on the phone keypad just before it is thrown at a different rally. 

That's the first thing that I thought watching the video of this. I don't think Trump even realized something was thrown. He doesn't appear to take notice anyway. 

The SS arrested the person that threw the phone. But really, what a stupid move. What were they thinking? Hey, I'll throw my cell phone in protest and they'll never know who's it is. 

👀

5 minutes ago, Laughing Beaver said:

But really, what a stupid move. What were they thinking? Hey, I'll throw my cell phone in protest and they'll never know who's it is. 

👀

This person probably knew they were going to get caught, but I reckon they believed it was a for a cause much bigger than themselves - despite how delusional that cause may be.

18 hours ago, Faber said:

This person probably knew they were going to get caught, but I reckon they believed it was a for a cause much bigger than themselves - despite how delusional that cause may be.

A very good assumption.

Though it is the same mindset that compels terrorists and suicide mass murderers to act. A cause much bigger than themselves that requires people to die. A phone, or a bomb, it is all violent intent to get one's point across. Whether they act as one or on behalf of many others.

President Trump was elected by the people in a free Democratic process. These kind of behaviors show no respect for that. And worse, they're carried out because the actors preferred HRC! 

The MAGA slogan that can get a Republican wearing the slogan hat or a tee shirt hurt by mad Democrats opposed to the message is not a unique slogan attributable to Donald Trump. What those violent irrational Democrat attackers fail to realize is Make America Great Again was the slogan that originated with a Democrat from Arkansas in 1991. And again in 1995 in his bid for highest office; William Jefferson Clinton.  You Tube Links

A friend of mine got invited to the White House during the Obama administration. She was out on the lawn with her team when President Obama came out and offered to take a photo with them. They all lined up for the photo and my friend realized she was holding her phone. She didn't want to be holding a phone in her photo with the president, so she lightly tossed it away onto the lawn. When she tossed it, the Secret Service JUMPED.

Even if you're on the White House grounds – probably the safest place for the President to be – the USSS doesn't take kindly to flying objects. I'm sure they hate it even more in this kind of setting, where anyone could be there.