The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
CDN

New Harvard Poll: Young Voters Overwhelmingly Democrat, But Young Republicans More Conservative Than Their Boomer Brethren

By Paul Ingrassia -

Young-voters-250x141.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

Young Republican and Democrat voters are united in their dissatisfaction with Boomer politicians and overwhelmingly believe the country is heading in the wrong moral direction.

Those were some of the findings of the new Spring 2019 Harvard IOP Youth Poll, which was released Monday in anticipation of Tuesday’s “youth-focused” CNN town hall featuring a number of 2020 Democrat contenders, including: South Bend Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Sens Harris, Klobuchar, Sanders, and Warren.

The results found that young voters are more energized and politically engaged for 2020 than in 2016. 43% of 18- to 29-year-olds, for example, said they were likely to vote in their state’s primary, a 7 percent increase from 2015.

The poll also found that “The 2020 electorate is shaping up to be more progressive than 2016 on a range of social and economic policy related issues, including on health care, poverty, and trade policy.”

Since 2015, the number of younger voters who agreed with the statement, “government should do more to curb climate change, even at the expense of economic growth” rose a whopping 14 percent to 46 percent agreement. Disagreement for that statement dropped seven points, now standing at 16 percent.

A full 34 percent of respondents also think “protecting the environment” should be incorporated as a top goal of U.S. foreign policy.

Among Republican young voters, the poll found that on the whole they are more conservative, particularly on key social issues, than their boomer counterparts.

55% of young Republicans believed same-sex relationships were “morally wrong” — 11 points higher than the overall party. Additionally, 51% said they wanted “more religious values in government” (compared to 43% of Republicans at large).

On immigration, close to half (48%) of young Republicans said new immigrants did more harm than good to the country, 9 points higher than the party as a whole.

Based on the results, young Republicans and Democrats seem to be more ideologically extreme than their older party leaders.

Another commonality between young Republicans and Democrats are their shared disdain for boomer policymakers (defined as being between 55-73 in age):

Only 16 percent of young voters agree with the statement, “elected officials who are part of the Baby Boomer generation care about people like me.”

The results were aggregated by Ipsos Public Affairs using the ‘Knowledge Panel Calibration approach,’ which interviewed respondents between March 8 and March 20, 2019. The margin of error for the total sample is +/- 2.64 percentage points with 95 percent confidence. More on the methodology can be found here.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

New Harvard Poll: Young Voters Overwhelmingly Democrat, But Young Republicans More Conservative Than Their Boomer Brethren is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Staff

Lemme get this straight, a past President [Obama] suppressed, oppressed, or basically kicked the teeth in of kid Christianity for 8 years and during which time a voter base which leans to a party of depravity is some kinda surprise when rising up?

In my opinion the left will punch a person in the face then scream assault as the victim. They attempt to convict people of wrong doing for determining the religious affiliation of children [indoctrination] at an early age as if bringing up a child in the precepts of the Lord is a bad thing. Stupid people in the name of Christianity say hey I should leave my child's religious affiliation up to them at a latter date. In the meantime the Left indoctrinates the children in the public school system. If we don't teach our children someone else will.

19 hours ago, William said:

Lemme get this straight, a past President [Obama] suppressed, oppressed, or basically kicked the teeth in of kid Christianity for 8 years and during which time a voter base which leans to a party of depravity is some kinda surprise when rising up?

In my opinion the left will punch a person in the face then scream assault as the victim. They attempt to convict people of wrong doing for determining the religious affiliation of children at an early age as if bringing up a child in the precepts of the Lord is a bad thing. Stupid people in the name of Christianity say hey I should leave my child's religious affiliation up to them at a latter date. In the meantime the Left indoctrinates the children in the public school system. If we don't teach our children someone else will. Happy LGBT~Q freak show story time hour!!!

Yeah, if I had kids I would home school them.  I would teach them true history including about COINTELPRO, CIA Project MK Ultra, Operation Gladio, Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird, Operation Paper Clip,...  Each one of these could be made into a series of movies.  Children never get the full truth in the school system where they are brainwashed with Neo-Darwinism.