SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Solas

Ezekiel Chap 40-48?

Solas

What does one do with 9 chapters in Ezekiel (40-48) with such things as gates, inner courts, vestibules, an altar, feasts, offerings, a temple, the land, the 12 tribes etc?

Becky

Eze 40:2  In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me upon a very high mountain, by which was as the frame of a city on the south. 
Heb 11:10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 
Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

Some thoughts🌼

Solas
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Becky said:

Eze 40:2  In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set me upon a very high mountain, by which was as the frame of a city on the south. 
Heb 11:10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 
Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

Some thoughts🌼

Could be.dunno 🤔 You know I have never heard a sermon or teaching on those chapters.

Edited by Solas
  • Like 1

William
Staff
On 4/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, Becky said:

Ezekiel 40:2 states what follows are in a vision. Of course right then that should tell us that there's gonna be various camps which either interpret the vision symbolically or literalistically.

9 hours ago, Solas said:

You know I have never heard a sermon or teaching on those chapters.

I recommend D.A. Carson and R.T. France "New Bible Commentary" and/or a Reformation Study Bible:

WWW.LIGONIER.ORG

The Reformation Study Bible is carefully crafted to offer an unparalleled reading, study, and discipleship experience for every age and stage of the...

God bless,

William

theophilus
On 4/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, Solas said:

What does one do with 9 chapters in Ezekiel (40-48) with such things as gates, inner courts, vestibules, an altar, feasts, offerings, a temple, the land, the 12 tribes etc?

Accept it as a revelation of what life on earth will be like during the Millennium.

• Like 2

Solas
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, theophilus said:

Accept it as a revelation of what life on earth will be like during the Millennium.

That's my take on it, I was curious on how others here handle it.

Edited by Solas

Solas
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, William said:

Ezekiel 40:2 states what follows are in a vision. Of course right then that should tell us that there's gonna be various camps which either interpret the vision symbolically or literalistically.

Check.

6 hours ago, William said:

I recommend D.A. Carson and R.T. France "New Bible Commentary" and/or a Reformation Study Bible:

WWW.LIGONIER.ORG

The Reformation Study Bible is carefully crafted to offer an unparalleled reading, study, and discipleship experience for every age and stage of the...

God bless,

William

I have the Reformation S.B. In electronic format, was more curious on the take of the locals here.

Edited by Solas

Becky
6 minutes ago, Solas said:

Having read the Scriptures with out commentary at this point. 

Back to another blood sacrifice back to the blood of bulls and goats  just does not seem to be the proper thing,.  To my thinking that is a slap in the face of God concerning  He sent Christ to be THEE LAMB.

I will see if commentaries can change my mind. 

Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 
Heb 10:5  Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 
Heb 10:6  In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

davy
On 4/24/2019 at 8:49 AM, Solas said:

I do not take the idea of animal sacrifices literally for that future time, but the sanctuary layout, abodes of the priests, the Levites that led Israel astray vs. the Just (Zadok) that serve Christ at His table, the spiritually dead outside (like Rev.22:14-15 shows) and the waters of life flowing out of the sanctuary to heal waters on earth, and the tree of life with its fruits, all that I take literally.

In Romans 8 Apostle Paul revealed difference between today's world and the glory of the world to come with the manifesting of the sons of God at the redemption. He said God placed today's creation in a state of bondage to corruption, and that even the whole creation groans for a release like we do with our hope in our future redemption at Christ's return. Thusly, changes upon the earth with the world to come isn't some wishful thinking. It is written of in God's Word, and whether one believes it or not, that world to come is going to be different than how we live on earth today.

davy
On 4/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, Becky said:

Having read the Scriptures with out commentary at this point. 

Back to another blood sacrifice back to the blood of bulls and goats  just does not seem to be the proper thing,.  To my thinking that is a slap in the face of God concerning  He sent Christ to be THEE LAMB.

I will see if commentaries can change my mind. 

Heb 10:4  For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 
Heb 10:5  Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 
Heb 10:6  In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure

Have you considered that since God gave that to Ezekiel in a time when sacrifices were required per the old covenant, that was put there for His elect but not so to confuse the times.

The timing of it is unmistakable for those reading it today, especially since Ezekiel 39 is about the destruction of Satan's host armies on the last day of this present world that takes place when Jesus returns per Revelation 19. The next Ezekiel 40-47 chapters flow right into the Millennium.

These verses reveal the time of Christ's Millennial reign with the wicked still outside the beloved city with the tree of life already manifested...

Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV

Becky

I thought the victory over satan was won at the Cross  silly me

davy
5 minutes ago, Becky said:

I thought the victory over satan was won at the Cross  silly me

Our Lord Jesus did indeed defeat the devil on His cross.

But what you've likely been mistaught is a falsehood about Satan being bound then, when that did not happen then, but is still for our future. In 1 Peter 5:8, Peter showed the devil is still roaming around today seek who he may devour.

In John 12:31 just prior to our Lord Jesus being delivered up to die on the cross, He said now would be the judgement of this world, and the prince of this world would be cast out. The popular assumption from men's traditions is the devil was cast out of this world and bound then by Christ's death on the cross. That's not what our Lord Jesus was pointing to. He was pointing to this...

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.
KJV

Our Lord Jesus actually warned us that the devil was coming to OUR world, de facto in person, manifesting in plain sight upon the earth...

Rev 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
KJV

Per God's Word, there are only 2 different dimensions of existence, the earthly we live in, and the heavenly where God and His angels live, which also includes the abode of the wicked called hell in a place of separation. When that says at that war there's no more place found in heaven for Satan and his angels, that means they are coming here, to our dimension.

Solas
10 hours ago, davy said:

I do not take the idea of animal sacrifices literally for that future time, but the sanctuary layout, abodes of the priests, the Levites that led Israel astray vs. the Just (Zadok) that serve Christ at His table

So you are able to approach these things as non literal? (Esp chap 47:13-23)... where boundaries are laid out in meticulous detail.

• Like 1

davy
1 hour ago, Solas said:

So you are able to approach these things as non literal? (Esp chap 47:13-23)... where boundaries are laid out in meticulous detail.

Not what I said.

We easily now know that Jesus Christ died on the cross and The Father raised Him from the dead, that He is the one perfect Sacrifice for one and all time. There is never a need again of sacrifices for sin. But in the Old Testament times did they know that? Of course not, because back then it wasn't time for Christ's first coming to die on the cross. Showing a future temple display back then without animal sacrifices would have been suspect to Ezekiel and the OT saints reading about Ezekiel's vision. It's clear to me the Ezekiel 40-48 vision was not meant for their day, but for the saints at the end of this world who look for Christ's 2nd coming and future Millennial reign in Jerusalem.

William
Staff
58 minutes ago, davy said:

But in the Old Testament times did they know that?

Yes. They saw through types and shadows the coming of Christ. Old Testament saints had a forward looking faith. 

What would you consider the two oldest books in the OT? Job? Genesis?

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”

Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.

Psalms 51:16 For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.

davy

On a further note, God accomplished exactly what He wanted with showing sacrifices in the Millennial chapters of the Book of Ezekiel. It's an obvious design to get the haughty off track and make them reject the weightier matters of those Ezekiel 40 thru 48 Scriptures, and thus stay confused about the events of Christ's future thousand years reign on earth with His elect saints, and God's eventual return to this earth in the future.

Solas
10 hours ago, davy said:

Not what I said.

We easily now know that Jesus Christ died on the cross and The Father raised Him from the dead, that He is the one perfect Sacrifice for one and all time. There is never a need again of sacrifices for sin. But in the Old Testament times did they know that? Of course not, because back then it wasn't time for Christ's first coming to die on the cross. Showing a future temple display back then without animal sacrifices would have been suspect to Ezekiel and the OT saints reading about Ezekiel's vision. It's clear to me the Ezekiel 40-48 vision was not meant for their day, but for the saints at the end of this world who look for Christ's 2nd coming and future Millennial reign in Jerusalem.

Let me just ask you straight up. Do you take Ezek 40-48 as a literal temple, priesthood etc?

• Like 1

davy
Just now, Solas said:

Let me just ask you straight up. Do you take Ezek 40-48 as a literal temple, priesthood etc?

Are you really going to try and lay up a 'straight up' trap, like some absolutist 'yes' or 'no' type question? Seems like it.

Do I believe there will be a literal temple sanctuary in Christ's future Millennial reign on earth? Yes, and it is being described in those Ezekiel chapters. That layout given has never... appeared in the middle east in this present world. But in final, after Christ's future thousand years reign, there will no longer be a temple (Revelation 21:22).

Does that mean I have to also accept the idea of sacrifices described there as literal? No, and I explained why, because our Lord Jesus became the Perfect Sacrifice for one and all time.

I fail to understand how some brethren cannot understand this future temple when there's examples of it also in Revelation after Christ's return - Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15.

• Haha 1

davy

I would also remind brethren, that to treat the River that Ezekiel was shown in Ezekiel 47 as symbolic also means to wrongly treat the River that flowed out of God's Eden in Gen.2 as just a metaphor, and the River of Rev.22, as not being real either. Just because some cannot understand the difference between this present world and the glory of the world to come doesn't mean we have to try and put God's new wine in old bottles too.

William
Staff
30 minutes ago, Solas said:

Are you holding your breath while waiting for an answer?

hold your breath swimming GIF by GreenWave

• Haha 2

William
Staff

@davy Laugh it up brother because we might rub off on you yet!

donald duck laughing GIF

Solas
7 hours ago, davy said:

Are you really going to try and lay up a 'straight up' trap, like some absolutist 'yes' or 'no' type question? Seems like it.

Do I believe there will be a literal temple sanctuary in Christ's future Millennial reign on earth? Yes, and it is being described in those Ezekiel chapters. That layout given has never... appeared in the middle east in this present world. But in final, after Christ's future thousand years reign, there will no longer be a temple (Revelation 21:22).

Does that mean I have to also accept the idea of sacrifices described there as literal? No, and I explained why, because our Lord Jesus became the Perfect Sacrifice for one and all time.

I fail to understand how some brethren cannot understand this future temple when there's examples of it also in Revelation after Christ's return - Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15.

I fail to understand why a straight question is a trap.  I would rather suspect a 'round-about' question as having carefully placed landmines.Others here know I come from more of a Reformed/Dispensational angle and would take those chapters as literal.

Becky

General question .. Is satan free to do as he pleases?