The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

The Philippines and the Roman Catholic Church

A man was nailed to a cross with up to 10 more to follow as barefoot men beat themselves with flails on Good Friday, in a blood-soaked display of religious fervor in the Philippines.

Frowned upon by the Church, the ritual crucifixions and self-flagellation in the north of the country are extreme affirmations of faith performed every Easter in Asia’s Catholic outpost.

Wilfredo Salvador stared at the sky and appeared to mumble a prayer after the slight 62-year-old with wild grey hair and a long beard became the first local zealot this year to hang from a wooden cross.

“I will not stop this for as long as I am alive, because this is what gives me life,” said Salvador, a fisherman who has been volunteering to be crucified for 14 straight years since recovering from a nervous breakdown...

Blood and sweat soaked through the penitents’ pants with some spectators grimacing with each strike of the lash.

Some hid behind their companions to avoid the splatter of gore and ripped flesh.

The full article is here:

NEWS.YAHOO.COM

A man was nailed to a cross with up to 10 more to follow as barefoot men beat themselves with flails on Good Friday, in a blood-soaked display of religious fervor in the Philippines. Frowned upon by the Church, the ritual...

The bold face from the above article is mine. The RCC shouldn't just "frown" on such pathetic and sinful displays, they ought to be vocal in condemning them. But they don't and they probably will never do so because they rely on the ignorance of people all over the world in order to continue in their blasphemous doctrines against God.

Staff
32 minutes ago, Faber said:

Frowned upon by the Church, the ritual crucifixions and self-flagellation in the north of the country are extreme affirmations of faith performed every Easter in Asia’s Catholic outpost.

Which Church?

DEARDIRTYAMERICA.COM

PULP WIRE VATICAN CITY — As details leaked out about the Spartan lifestyle of former Argentinian archbishop, Jorge Bergoglio, who is now...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

From the article you posted:

Francis admitted he does anywhere between 70 to 150 lashes every morning to bring on the “solemn state of religious buzz” needed to undergo “true and meaningful” service to the Lord and all the Lord’s people.

I wonder what this "religious buzz" entails.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Faber said:

A man was nailed to a cross with up to 10 more to follow as barefoot men beat themselves with flails on Good Friday, in a blood-soaked display of religious fervor in the Philippines.

Wilfredo Salvador stared at the sky and appeared to mumble a prayer after the slight 62-year-old with wild grey hair and a long beard became the first local zealot this year to hang from a wooden cross.

“I will not stop this for as long as I am alive, because this is what gives me life,” said Salvador, a fisherman who has been volunteering to be crucified for 14 straight years since recovering from a nervous breakdown...

Blood and sweat soaked through the penitents’ pants with some spectators grimacing with each strike of the lash.

Some hid behind their companions to avoid the splatter of gore and ripped flesh.

The full article is here:

NEWS.YAHOO.COM

A man was nailed to a cross with up to 10 more to follow as barefoot men beat themselves with flails on Good Friday, in a blood-soaked display of religious fervor in the Philippines. Frowned upon by the Church, the ritual...

The bold face from the above article is mine. The RCC shouldn't just "frown" on such pathetic and sinful displays, they ought to be vocal in condemning them. But they don't and they probably will never do so because they rely on the ignorance of people all over the world in order to continue in their blasphemous doctrines against God.

Sounds like they are taking this verse to an extreme..."Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith;..2Cor 13:5a

21 hours ago, Faber said:

I wonder what this "religious buzz" entails.

Perhaps the same buzz when he kisses a Koran.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1