The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

It was recently pointed out that it can be hard to tell when a comment by staff is just a poster on a topic stating an opinion and when it is an "official warning" or notification.

I do not know how hard it is to implement, but on another site I visit test surrounded by the symbols [m;] "moderator text" [/m;] displays the "moderator text" as bold, red and highlighted in yellow.

It then becomes OBVIOUS when a staff member has put on their "moderator hat".

Just something to think about.

• Like 1

Staff

Trying to remember how to use the codes

Staff
3 hours ago, atpollard said:

It was recently pointed out that it can be hard to tell when a comment by staff is just a poster on a topic stating an opinion and when it is an "official warning" or notification.

I do not know how hard it is to implement, but on another site I visit test surrounded by the symbols [m;] "moderator text" [/m;] displays the "moderator text" as bold, red and highlighted in yellow.

It then becomes OBVIOUS when a staff member has put on their "moderator hat".

Just something to think about.

No objection from me .. While on the subject please notice,  kinda referring to the posts you are referring to , when it was stated from staff It still did not matter. 🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Becky said:

Trying to remember how to use the codes

That code was easy to remember as (m) for MODERATOR followed by a "wink" (;).

13 hours ago, Becky said:

No objection from me .. While on the subject please notice,  kinda referring to the posts you are referring to , when it was stated from staff It still did not matter. 🙂  

There is no known cure for 'self-rightous' indignation ... or as Forest Gump would say: "Stupid is as stupid does."  (It always applied to me when I had my head in the wrong place. [keeping it 'G-rated'])

Fortunately we are monergists with a soverign God, so fixing hearts and minds is more the job of the Holy Spirit than us.

Staff

2 words I have learned over the last few months Monergism  & synergism

Tending  to understand a lot of Christians start their walk with the idea of 'synergism'  as they grow in the Lord studying His Word they will begin to have their eyes opened to monergism.

Most the world has heard or read John 3:16.   For a new lamb not to see beyond that seems very normal .  A new born babe's eyes must develop a bit after birth. As those eyes develop it is time to use them.  As humans we first learn from our parents. Although we may be babes in the Lord we are also grown and should be learning from our Father. Learning from our Father will take us deeper into His Words then John 3:16.

A new born Christian will rejoice in the lifted burden of sin they have carried to some a euphoria.  A desire to be with "Dad" will develop out of that feeling. 

• Like 2

Staff

Added color text which is only available to staff in the editor. For example:

Moderator: Quit your whining!

Staff should only use the color Red and sparingly for conveying staff to member requests or discipline. From time to time we may change website templates and various colors do not contrast after the change. In the past colors in the editor were abused, namely by Catholics which attempted to make their responses more authoritative looking. Then there were those which made boring responses that tried to add excitement by an over use of cosmetics (font, size, and color).

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 3

Staff

found it thanks