Jump to content

The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

What is weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Recommended Posts

Staff

 

I couldn't help but say Amen!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
1 minute ago, TABA said:

The link took me to a Facebook page but I couldn’t find that post. 

Thanks for reporting that:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

It is what I do after a reading some posts.

 

just kidding GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, William said:

 

I couldn't help but say Amen!!!

After the unbelieving are judged they will be casted into outer darkness . Darkness that defies the imagination . Their consciences will be opened ,revealing their denial and rejection of Jesus Christ and the multitude of unforgiven sins that remain with them .The torments will be so severe that and the sorrow so great that they have two things in the darkness of Hell lasting for an endless eternity . Crying and gnashing of teeth ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, Origen said:

It is what I do after a reading some posts.

 

just kidding GIF

Cute,,,I've always pictured Pelosi , Rashida Tlaib , Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Cortez to be a bunch of overstuffed fools waiting for the garbage can.  :-)   M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
1 hour ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Cute,,,I've always pictured Pelosi , Rashida Tlaib , Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Cortez to be a bunch of overstuffed fools waiting for the garbage can.  🙂 M

None of the above are the subject of this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 4:05 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

After the unbelieving are judged they will be casted into outer darkness . Darkness that defies the imagination . Their consciences will be opened ,revealing their denial and rejection of Jesus Christ and the multitude of unforgiven sins that remain with them .The torments will be so severe that and the sorrow so great that they have two things in the darkness of Hell lasting for an endless eternity . Crying and gnashing of teeth ! 

 

Matthew Duvall,
re:  "...revealing their denial and rejection of Jesus Christ..."

 

Would a person first have to believe that a supreme exists before they could that?  And if so, since beliefs can't be consciously choosen, what is a person suppose to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 1:53 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

Cute,,,I've always pictured Pelosi , Rashida Tlaib , Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Cortez to be a bunch of overstuffed fools waiting for the garbage can.  🙂 M

This is inappropriate as name calling like this seems to me as not working with John 13.34,35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rstrats said:

 

Matthew Duvall,
re:  "...revealing their denial and rejection of Jesus Christ..."

 

Would a person first have to believe that a supreme exists before they could that?  And if so, since beliefs can't be consciously choosen, what is a person suppose to do?

Everything centers on salvation . So if someone dies without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and does not possess the indwelling Holy Spirit they are considered lost and in the end will be judged and suffer eternal damnation in Hell . Words, deeds and actions do not contribute to someone's salvation. There are many lost souls telling the world what they did to "accept Jesus". Unless the effectual work of God in all Three Unique Persons are applied to someone's sin laden soul whereby they can truly be saved, they will remain in their sins. We can never be "convinced" that we are sinners and in need of a Savior . Only God can use the office of all three Members of the Godhead to "Convict us of our sins " that we might be saved. In other words, someone is either truly born again of the Spirit of God and will enter heaven upon their deaths or remain in their sins that earns them death and condemnation in Hell ! There is no middle ground. Salvation is all the work of God. Though we are given a choice, we can never get passed the fact that we are dead in our sins and trespasses and unless God intervenes into our lives and saves us, we remain lost and without salvation .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

This is inappropriate as name calling like this seems to me as not working with John 13.34,35

I  not only do not love these people, I literally despise what they stand for . If this is a reportable offence, then you have the right to report me .

Edited by Matthew Duvall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
24 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

I  not only do not love these people, I literally despise what they stand for . If this is a reportable offence, then you have the right to report me .

Those persons represent the world its contrary and opposing worldview to ours. If you don't mind brother I wouldn't mind hearing how you reconcile 1 John 2:15 and Matthew 5:44?

  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

I  not only do not love these people, I literally despise what they stand for . If this is a reportable offence, then you have the right to report me .

Matthew, I would NEVER say its re portable! Maybe I should be reprimanded? I gave my opinion. Now if we say these Dem's are baby murders I would stand by that 100%. I am just looking at how we should be specific in what a person we believe is evil or wrong. So please I had no intentions of reporting you, that's not my nature. Besides Becky and others here read our posts and make comments. She just did to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
10 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

My apologies .   M

Just for FYI brother, I abhor those people too. Makes me realize that I fail to love my enemies as God requires me too. For that reason I come to know how much I need Jesus. Though I do not want to appear fatalistic by suggesting this is impossible to love our enemies therefore I shouldn't even try! David's sentiments strike deep but David was human too. Matthew 5:44 raises the bar.... .

 

Psalm 139

Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
    O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
    your enemies take your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
    And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
    I count them my enemies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rstrats said:

Matthew Duvall,

 

Why did you quote my questions and then ignore them?

You asked me the question on 5-27-19 at 11:37 am.  I answered you with a rather lengthy posting on the same date at 3:30 pm. I don't know why you haven't received it . Look more closely ,it's there ,I'm sure . M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

 

Matthew Duvall,
In your post #5 you said that unbelievers denial and rejection of the Messiah will be revealed to them.  In my post #8 I asked you if a person would first have to believe that a supreme exists before they could deny and reject Him?  I don't see where you have said yes or no. 

 

I then asked that if the answer is yes, what is a person suppose to do since beliefs can't be consciously chosen?   
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, William said:

 

I couldn't help but say Amen!!!

William, I tried in desperation to get my sound turned up but met with an impossibility . It just wouldn't give me enough sound to enjoy your clip . I would have loved to hear what RC had to say about the subject . M

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rstrats said:


 

 

3 hours ago, rstrats said:

Matthew Duvall,
In your post #5 you said that unbelievers denial and rejection of the Messiah will be revealed to them.  In my post #8 I asked you if a person would first have to believe that a supreme exists before they could deny and reject Him?  I don't see where you have said yes or no. 

 

I then asked that if the answer is yes, what is a person suppose to do since beliefs can't be consciously chosen?   
 

The whole premise surrounding the question of eternal security or eternal condemnation centers around a personal relationship with Jesus Christ . Believing is not a question of what we can do , but what God can do in us in order to fulfil His plan of redemption . We are all born into this world under the threat of death and condemnation because of the sin on one man . Paul says ; " Therefore just as through one man sin entered the world and death through sin , and thus death spread to all men because ALL HAVE SINNED ". Rom.5:12. So it is unavoidable to be in this world and not be effected by the Sin of Adam. Paul further says ; " There is NONE RIGHTEOUS  , NO NOT ONE ; There is none who understands ;There is NONE WHO SEEKS AFTER GOD , they have all turned aside ; They have together become unprofitable ; There is NONE WHO DOES GOOD ,no not one; Their throats is an open tomb ;With their tongues they have PRACTICED DECIET ;The poison of asp is under their lips ; Whose mouth is full of CURSING AND BITTERNESS; Their feet are SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD; Destruction and misery is in their ways; And the way of PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN ; THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES ! " Rom.3:10-18

As you can see, man is born into sin and will remain in sin and stand convicted of their sins . Their sins include the denial and rejection of Jesus Christ. A name every single person on this earth should be familiar with . The believing saints ( His people) regard Him as their mediator ,Lord, Savior ,brother and friend who took their sins upon Himself on the cross and bore them in their place in order to satisfy divine justice. Justification through the cross of Christ is what the people of God have . Salvation is the end result and the barrier of sin is removed by the cross of Christ. Instead of being born into sin, the saints are Re-born with the new birth of Christ living His life through them.

Where does that leave the unsaved ? Read again what Paul tells us in Romans 3 and 5 above,,,,carefully so you don't misunderstand any of it.  The unredeemed are in their sins and will be judged by their sins when casted into outer darkness where they will be tormented forever. How can God do that ???? We serve a sovereign God who is Omnipotent , Omniscience , Omnipresent , and Immutable. Hear the words of God Himself; " Thus says the Lord the King of Israel ,And His Redeemer ,the Lord of Host ; I am the First and I am the Last; BESIDES ME THERE IS NO GOD . Who can proclaim as I do ? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me, SINCE I APPOINTED THE ANCIENT PEOPLE AND THE THINGS THAT ARE COMING AND SHALL COME , let them show these to them . .Do not fear ,nor be afraid ;Have I  not told you from that time and declared it ? You are My witnesses . IS THERE A GOD BESIDES ME ? Indeed THERE IS NO OTHER ROCK .I know not one . " Isa.44:6-8 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, rstrats said:

Now I know that you're just messing with me. 

I'm sorry if I hurt feelings and misdirected beliefs. But God is God and He will do what He wants with His creation without anyone interfering with His plans and purposes . So what is your problem now ? I want to know it in case I run into the same mindset as yours . I can plan ahead and have an answer for them too .  M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 5:18 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

'm sorry if I hurt feelings and misdirected beliefs. But God is God and He will do what He wants with His creation without anyone interfering with His plans and purposes . So what is your problem now ? I want to know it in case I run into the same mindset as yours . I can plan ahead and have an answer for them too .  M

Matthew Duvall,
re:  "I'm sorry if I...misdirected beliefs."

 

Well now you know that you did misdirect your belief comments to the wrong topic. 

 

 

 

re:  "...what is your problem...?"

 

The only thing that might be considered a problem is my feeling of frustration that I haven't been able to get across what this topic is about. 

 

 

 

 

re:  "I want to know it in case I run into the same mindset as yours."

 

With regard to this topic the only mindset I have is that if someone says that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event  when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur, then they would have to know of examples in order to legitimately say that it was common usage. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
24 minutes ago, rstrats said:

Matthew Duvall,
re:  "I'm sorry if I...misdirected beliefs."

 

Well now you know that you did misdirect your belief comments to the wrong topic. 

 

re:  "...what is your problem...?"

 

The only thing that might be considered a problem is my feeling of frustration that I haven't been able to get across what this topic is about. 

 

re:  "I want to know it in case I run into the same mindset as yours."

 

With regard to this topic the only mindset I have is that if someone says that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event  when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur, then they would have to know of examples in order to legitimately say that it was common usage

That is not what this topic is about.  Both you and @Matthew Duvall need to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...