The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

The fire at Notre Dame Cathedral

Staff

Sad to see that burn I love old buildings... I found it very telling they were singing to Mary not God. 

IF it some how it was the muslims it might make a difference. I would be surprised if  the authorities would let anyone know it was terrorism. 

Couldn't believe my eyes when I was drinking my morning coffee and started to read the news. Been once in Notre Dame - it is (was) a very beautiful cathedral and such an important symbol to Paris with a priceless historical value. I hope they'll build it again.

Staff
2 hours ago, Becky said:

Sad to see that burn I love old buildings... I found it very telling they were singing to Mary not God. 

IF it some how it was the muslims it might make a difference. I would be surprised if  the authorities would let anyone know it was terrorism. 

I thought the exact same thing then cringed because I felt like the conspiracy theorist surrounding 9/11.

23 hours ago, Faber said:

Was it arson?

I think that it was an accident due to the amount of renovation activity taking place at the time. I can see how easily it would be for an accident to happen  while so many workmen were moving equipment and building material from one level to another . And of course you have to consider the age of the structure itself . It will be a long time before the work is complete and tourist are able to once again enjoy the beauty of this amazing building. I view it as a part of history , but not for its religious activities and beliefs .   M 

And now this...

Man with gas cans arrested at St. Patrick's church in NYC

NEW YORK (AP) — A New Jersey man was arrested after entering St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying two cans of gasoline, lighter fluid and butane lighters, the New York Police Department said, just days after flames ravaged the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.

The unidentified 37-year-old man had pulled up Wednesday night in a minivan outside the landmark cathedral on Fifth Avenue in midtown Manhattan, walked around the area, then returned to his vehicle at 7:55 p.m. and retrieved the gasoline and lighter fluid, said NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller.

“As he enters the cathedral he’s confronted by a cathedral security officer who asks him where he’s going and informs him he can’t proceed into the cathedral carrying these things,” said Miller. “At that point some gasoline apparently spills out onto the floor as he’s turned around.”

Security then notified officers from the counter-terrorism bureau who were standing outside, Miller said. The officers caught up to the man and arrested him after he was questioned.

“His basic story was he was cutting through the cathedral to get to Madison Avenue. That his car had run out of gas,” Miller said. “We took a look at the vehicle. It was not out of gas and at that point he was taken into custody.”

See here for the rest of the story

WWW.APNEWS.COM

NEW YORK (AP) — A New Jersey man was arrested after entering St. Patrick's Cathedral carrying two cans of gasoline, lighter fluid and butane lighters, the New York Police Department said, just...

14 hours ago, Faber said:

His basic story was he was cutting through the cathedral to get to Madison Avenue. That his car had run out of gas,” Miller said. “We took a look at the vehicle. It was not out of gas and at that point he was taken into custody.”

Now that's a big DUHH, but then again most copy catters are.

Fire investigators figured that out fast. I read it was still burning and they said it wasn't arson.  France's churches are burning like crazy, but their government says nothing to see here...