The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Devin Nunes Notifies DOJ Of Criminal Referrals In Leak, Conspiracy Probe

By Chuck Ross -

DavidNunes-300x242.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

California Rep. Devin Nunes notified Attorney General William Barr of eight “potential violations of law” that he says Republicans uncovered during the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia investigation.

In a letter to sent Thursday, Nunes offered to brief Barr on the referrals along with Texas Rep. John Ratcliffe, a Republican on the House Intelligence panel.

“As part of that investigation, Committee Republicans identified several potential violations of law,” reads the letter from Nunes, the top Republican on House Intelligence.

The letter provides no details about who is being referred for investigation. But Nunes has indicated that five individuals will be referred for investigation, while some of the referrals will describe evidence of possible crimes within specifying who committed them.

Fox News first reported the letter.

Nunes said Sunday he would submit referrals for alleged leaks of classified information, “intelligence manipulation” and lying to Congress.

“We believe there is a conspiracy to lie to the FISA [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] court, mislead the FISA court, by numerous individuals that all need to be investigated and looked at,” Nunes said Sunday on Fox News.

Nunes and other House Republicans have investigated whether the FBI misled the FISA court in applications to spy on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The FBI relied heavily on the Steele dossier in the FISA applications, even though the report’s allegations had not been verified. Former British spy Christopher Steele compiled the dossier while working for the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee.

House Intelligence Republicans have also investigated whether Obama administration officials illegally unmasked the identity of Trump associates in classified intelligence reports.

Barr has showed a willingness to investigate possible malfeasance in the FBI’s handling of the Russia probe.

He told the Senate Appropriations Committee on Wednesday that he plans to form a team to investigate the FBI and other government agencies’ activities leading up to the opening of the investigation. He also said that he believed that the government had spied on the Trump campaign.

“I think spying did occur. Yes, I think spying did occur. But the question is whether it was predicated, adequately predicated,” Barr said. “I’m not suggesting it wasn’t adequately predicated, but I need to explore that.”

A spokesman for Nunes declined to reveal who will be referred to the Justice Department for investigation.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Devin Nunes Notifies DOJ Of Criminal Referrals In Leak, Conspiracy Probe is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article