The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

Praise to God , Report from Just Mike

God has once again showed me more Grace and Mercy. The cancer is an extension of my prostrate cancer. Its treatable and no surgery is needed. This is the very best possible out come.

It seems I keep thanking you all for your faithful prayers, and I do deeply cherish your prayers on my behalf.

God bless you for being my brothers and sisters in Christ.

His Follower,

Just Mike.

• Love 4
  • Yay 1

Staff

Psa 150:1  Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 
Psa 150:2  Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. 
Psa 150:3  Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 
Psa 150:4  Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 
Psa 150:5  Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 
Psa 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. 

• Best Answer 2

[Rev 19:1-6 NASB] 1 After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God; 2 BECAUSE HIS JUDGMENTS ARE TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS; for He has judged the great harlot who was corrupting the earth with her immorality, and HE HAS AVENGED THE BLOOD OF HIS BOND-SERVANTS ON HER." 3 And a second time they said, "Hallelujah! HER SMOKE RISES UP FOREVER AND EVER." 4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne saying, "Amen. Hallelujah!" 5 And a voice came from the throne, saying, "Give praise to our God, all you His bond-servants, you who fear Him, the small and the great." 6 Then I heard [something] like the voice of a great multitude and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing, friend! I join with you in praising God for His grace and mercy over your life. It’s my prayer that He’ll continue to provide the strength, comfort, and help you need in the days ahead. Blessings to you!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Just Mike said:

God has once again showed me more Grace and Mercy. The cancer is an extension of my prostrate cancer. Its treatable and no surgery is needed. This is the very best possible out come.

It seems I keep thanking you all for your faithful prayers, and I do deeply cherish your prayers on my behalf.

God bless you for being my brothers and sisters in Christ.

His Follower,

Just Mike.

That is good news , Mike. I think of terminal illnesses and every time I do I look up to God and ask Him to keep me in good health because of my age and ability to take care of myself  . I went shopping the other day and couldn't help but see an elderly gentlemen struggling to get something off of a shelf. I immediately thought,," Please God don't cause me to lose my strength and eventually become so weak that I may have to submit to assisted living arraignments." I look ahead and consider my age and losing the active life I now have . It's scary .