The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
banyanclub

Arizona citizens You may soon have to give your DNA to the state and pay $250 for the privilege

You Tube Arizona News Broadcast

Arizona Central You may soon have to give your DNA to the state and pay $250 for the privilege Bree Burkitt  Feb 20, 2019

UPDATE: Controversial DNA database bill scaled back to health professionals only

Under Senate Bill 1475, which Sen. David Livingston, R-Peoria, introduced, DNA must be collected from anyone who has to be fingerprinted by the state for a job, to volunteer in certain positions or for a myriad of other reasons.

The bill would even authorize the medical examiner's office in each county to take DNA from any bodies that come into their possession. 

The Department of Public Safety would maintain the collected DNA alongside the person's name, Social Security number, date of birth and last known address. 

Any DNA in the database could be accessed and used by law enforcement in a criminal investigation. It could also be shared with other government agencies across the country for licensing, death registration, to identify a missing person or to determine someone's real name.

It could also be provided to someone conducting "legitimate research." 

A $250 fee could be collected from a person who submits biological samples, according to the bill. It's not clear who would foot the cost for the dead. 

No other state does this.

The Beast is getting more bold. 

• Informative 1

I'm not surprised really. Notice all the advertisements now promising to find your ancestry through your DNA? Just give a sample and....

Does anyone ask, who are these people? What happens to my DNA when I give it to this company and pay them to tell me about my blood lineage? 

Your DNA is your unique genetic profile. The road map if you will to what makes you you. But in an era where we've been led to surrender our privacy thanks to the advent of "social media", people don't think twice about surrendering that most valuable bit of privacy. Their DNA. Which is also cataloged when you give blood. 

One day we'll see state or federal or both ID's that require a retinal scan, which is just as unique as our DNA and fingerprints. All three one day will be on file. We're already one nation under surveillance. Watched, tracked, eavesdropped on via the technology we buy. It is only going to get more invasive. 

Personally, when we're told God does not count time the same way as we do, I believe we are right now in the tribulation. Maybe our whole life from the time we're born into the world where we are told Lucifer is its prince and lord and roams about seeking souls to devour, counts as tribulation. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:16 PM, Laughing Beaver said:

Personally, when we're told God does not count time the same way as we do, I believe we are right now in the tribulation. Maybe our whole life from the time we're born into the world where we are told Lucifer is its prince and lord and roams about seeking souls to devour, counts as tribulation. 

While I certainly don't share your belief about the current time being a part of the tribulation, I'm curious as to what facts and evidences has led you to believe as much and to make such a statement?

How far along in the tribulation period do you believe we are?

What happened to the events described in the early Tribulation period, as described in Revelation 6?

For example, I really would have expected to see / hear / feel the great earthquake and observe the sun becoming as black as sackcloth...Not to mention the disappearance of the sky, and the mountains and islands being removed from their places. I also didn't get the memo about the rulers, kings, generals, well-to-do sorts tearing out of dodge to go hide in caves to escape the gaze of the one who sits on the throne.

Even a very *casual* reading of scripture as it relates to the return of Christ and tribulation shows that it won't be a quiet, ho-hum, every-day back-page event that the media and others can poo-pah and remain silent on. Scripture very clearly states that EVERY eye shall see him. Mountains and islands being moved out of place, sun going black, sky rolling up like a scroll, people terrified of the one who sits on the throne - this is no insignificant event and one that you definitely wont sleep through.

Further, the tribulation period is the beginning of judgement - something that Christians are spared from; the purpose of the period is clearly to drive people to repent and seek mercy and forgiveness.

The wars and death and famine that Revelation speaks of have no equal or parallel in recorded history.

So please, do share the facts and evidences that has led you to make such a breath-taking statement that we're in the tribulation period...and if so, at what stage?

Cheers,

-CC

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chaplain Carter said:

While I certainly don't share your belief about the current time being a part of the tribulation, I'm curious as to what facts and evidences has led you to believe as much and to make such a statement?

How far along in the tribulation period do you believe we are?

What happened to the events described in the early Tribulation period, as described in Revelation 6?

For example, I really would have expected to see / hear / feel the great earthquake and observe the sun becoming as black as sackcloth...Not to mention the disappearance of the sky, and the mountains and islands being removed from their places. I also didn't get the memo about the rulers, kings, generals, well-to-do sorts tearing out of dodge to go hide in caves to escape the gaze of the one who sits on the throne.

Even a very *casual* reading of scripture as it relates to the return of Christ and tribulation shows that it won't be a quiet, ho-hum, every-day back-page event that the media and others can poo-pah and remain silent on. Scripture very clearly states that EVERY eye shall see him. Mountains and islands being moved out of place, sun going black, sky rolling up like a scroll, people terrified of the one who sits on the throne - this is no insignificant event and one that you definitely wont sleep through.

Further, the tribulation period is the beginning of judgement - something that Christians are spared from; the purpose of the period is clearly to drive people to repent and seek mercy and forgiveness.

The wars and death and famine that Revelation speaks of have no equal or parallel in recorded history.

So please, do share the facts and evidences that has led you to make such a breath-taking statement that we're in the tribulation period...and if so, at what stage?

Cheers,

-CC

Sun becoming black as sackcloth would describe a solar eclipse. However, in May of 2003 the black sun eclipse also appeared to fulfill the Revelation 13 prophecy. 

IMAGE LINK

This year we will witness 6 black sun total solar eclipses . (LINK) 

Of course the series of earth quakes over the years speaks to the movement of the earth. However, the great earthquake , as you call it, can be said to have occurred in three different times and changed not only the rotation but the axis of the planet. LINK And that shortened days, as Jesus taught of the Tribulation in Matthew 24. 

WWW.BIBLEGATEWAY.COM

There are move verses in Revelation that refer to the great tribulation than just that found in Revelation 6. 

It does not occur in one fell swoop but over a period of time. 
If we recall God, a spirit that dwells in a different dimension than our own, John 4,  does not reckon time as we do, what then would count as years in our calendar of time does not mean God concurs. 

As to leaders seeking to hide in mountains and such, every country has a special reinforced fortress for its leadership that they may seek refuge in times of disaster. In the U.S. there are two such locations. Mount Weather and Camp David. 

There is also the underground at the White house. 

Then for the rich and powerful that are not in government in America there are underground bunkers that are very richly appointed. YouTube Link

And of course the persecution and slaughter of Christians is both national and international news. While that which is unrighteous is gaining rights in America and those that are righteous protesters are being persecuted for speaking out. And false prophets and teachers abound as we also know. 

Edited by Laughing Beaver

On 4/29/2019 at 10:16 PM, Laughing Beaver said:

I'm not surprised really. Notice all the advertisements now promising to find your ancestry through your DNA? Just give a sample and....

Does anyone ask, who are these people? What happens to my DNA when I give it to this company and pay them to tell me about my blood lineage? 

Your DNA is your unique genetic profile. The road map if you will to what makes you you. But in an era where we've been led to surrender our privacy thanks to the advent of "social media", people don't think twice about surrendering that most valuable bit of privacy. Their DNA. Which is also cataloged when you give blood. 

One day we'll see state or federal or both ID's that require a retinal scan, which is just as unique as our DNA and fingerprints. All three one day will be on file. We're already one nation under surveillance. Watched, tracked, eavesdropped on via the technology we buy. It is only going to get more invasive. 

That's right and it is not just surveillance that they use to control us.  They also harass people.  See website below:

https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/

1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

That's right and it is not just surveillance that they use to control us.  They also harass people.  See website below:

https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/

Isn't that a shame. Law enforcement behaving badly. 

I remember a news report or investigative news report some years ago that featured the harassment of those who identified as Tea Party members. Notice you don't hear that much about them in the news now? Leading people to think the TP has dissolved. 

This one group of Tea members were having a meeting in this small town. Small town sometimes suffer small minded police. Sure enough there were the cops taking a ruler out and measuring how far the attendees had parked from the curb.And issuing tickets for those past the limit.

And remember those towns that made news during the Obama years? Laws passed making it illegal to film police in the commission of their duties. But yet the long running show COPS was doing that very thing still. And now there is "Live PD". I don't know if the states and cities where Live PD films have those type laws but it is very odd that a citizen isn't able to film civil servants at work. 

Remember this from 2018? The harassment comes from many different levels .  This is a representative of the people? Rep. Waters on Trump administration: 'Tell them they’re not welcome'

And Ms.Waters knows when she instigates harassment and violence like this toward Trump administration people that her followers will not just corral their behavior to that arena. But rather they'll also go after those who wear MAGA hats, or have Republican message bumper stickers on their cars. Ms.Waters knows she can't call for harassment of Republican citizens. So she invites harassment of Republican officials knowing that type animus will bleed over into the public sector. 

What a Congress. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:05 PM, Laughing Beaver said:

Isn't that a shame. Law enforcement behaving badly. 

I remember a news report or investigative news report some years ago that featured the harassment of those who identified as Tea Party members. Notice you don't hear that much about them in the news now? Leading people to think the TP has dissolved. 

This one group of Tea members were having a meeting in this small town. Small town sometimes suffer small minded police. Sure enough there were the cops taking a ruler out and measuring how far the attendees had parked from the curb.And issuing tickets for those past the limit.

And remember those towns that made news during the Obama years? Laws passed making it illegal to film police in the commission of their duties. But yet the long running show COPS was doing that very thing still. And now there is "Live PD". I don't know if the states and cities where Live PD films have those type laws but it is very odd that a citizen isn't able to film civil servants at work. 

Remember this from 2018? The harassment comes from many different levels .  This is a representative of the people? Rep. Waters on Trump administration: 'Tell them they’re not welcome'

And Ms.Waters knows when she instigates harassment and violence like this toward Trump administration people that her followers will not just corral their behavior to that arena. But rather they'll also go after those who wear MAGA hats, or have Republican message bumper stickers on their cars. Ms.Waters knows she can't call for harassment of Republican citizens. So she invites harassment of Republican officials knowing that type animus will bleed over into the public sector. 

What a Congress. 

Exactly.  Great points.  You seem to really understand it!

• Toast 1

13 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Exactly.  Great points.  You seem to really understand it!

Aww,thank you. :) 

To top it all off years ago SCOTUS determined that police are not obligated to protect & serve. 

This really surprised me but it is true. Applicants with high IQ's will be barred from the police academy. I.E. they can't be cops. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 10:50 PM, Laughing Beaver said:

Aww,thank you. 🙂

To top it all off years ago SCOTUS determined that police are not obligated to protect & serve. 

This really surprised me but it is true. Applicants with high IQ's will be barred from the police academy. I.E. they can't be cops. 

That's crazy.  Thanks for the info.

True cops, the good ones, are still out to protect and serve despite the SCOTUS determination.  Cops like Serpico.  The bad ones are used as a tool to control the population using harassment and other techniques.  I really believe that is the main function of the Law Enforcement Intelligence Units (LEIUs).  I know private contractors are involved too, as well as many others from the occult.

Edited by CDF47
  • Like 1