Jump to content

The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

Update on Just Mike

Recommended Posts

A golf ball sized cancerous mass was found in my bladder. I will have more information on late Friday when WE learn the type of cancer it is and what the doctor thinks is the best way forward.

 Thank you for your prayers, I inform you when I know more. God is good all the time.

  • Praying 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, Just Mike said:

A golf ball sized cancerous mass was found in my bladder. I will have more information on late Friday when WE learn the type of cancer it is and what the doctor thinks is the best way forward.

 Thank you for your prayers, I inform you when I know more. God is good all the time.

Praying for you. Stay encouraged.

 

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more (Psalm 71:14).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you all for your prayers.

 

I had a pet scan on April 30th to see if cancer was elsewhere in my body, and the results turned out to be  there is no cancer  no any where else! Now it looks like I can have radiation treatment for the prostrate cancer that has invaded my bladder. This is very good and an answer to many peoples prayers. Praise God!

Edited by Just Mike
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, Just Mike said:

A golf ball sized cancerous mass was found in my bladder. I will have more information on late Friday when WE learn the type of cancer it is and what the doctor thinks is the best way forward.

 Thank you for your prayers, I inform you when I know more. God is good all the time.

Hi Mike, sorry to hear about your misfortune . The thought of going through with that kind of difficulty scares me to death . But as you know God has his ways of testing us and sicknesses are among them . My prayers are with you and I pray you make a speedy recovery .   M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am of the belief that God knew from the start of my life that I would endure this cancer. I put my life in His hands.

Thank you for your concern. 

  • Praying 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
16 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

I am of the belief that God knew from the start of my life that I would endure this cancer. I put my life in His hands.

Thank you for your concern. 

I believe everything is for the Elect's sake. Even suffering endured by the Elect to be witnessed by and prayed over by the Elect.

 

You're an inspiration Mike. As we pray for your perseverance I note how death has lost its sting. The end is already determined from the beginning. In this race of life other runners that may briefly take a knee to regain their breath note how far ahead you're in the race and how the breath of God has carried you further along than them in the faith.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, William said:

I believe everything is for the Elect's sake. Even suffering endured by the Elect to be witnessed by and prayed over by the Elect.

 

You're an inspiration Mike. As we pray for your perseverance I note how death has lost its sting. The end is already determined from the beginning. In this race of life other runners that may briefly take a knee to regain their breath note how far ahead you're in the race and how the breath of God has carried you further along than them in the faith.

 

God bless,

William

William, I am in the very center of His will for my life. I am in the Father's hand held solidly and securely for today and all my tomorrows here and into eternity. Praise God. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...