The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

Prayer for my surgery

Just Mike

For the last month I have been acutely ill. My kidneys became very infected with what appears with more kidney stones, one or more is stuck in my bladder and unable to pass.  Last summer I experienced something like this and after two surgeries the stones were removed, However there complications that changed my life. In 2003 I was treated for prostrate cancer with radiation. Over the years scar tissue grew on my sphincter muscle. In 2013 cancer had returned but it is slow growing. Last September the scar tissue on my sphincter had grown to where the sphincter muscle no longer functioned. After last September a catheter was needed to void urine. The problem kidney stones can not pass out of the bladder.  NOw the scar tissue has grown to where a catheter can barely enter the bladder. 

I have been on four different antibiotics in the last six weeks ant the infection is now gone.  Surgery is now required remove the scar tissue and go into the kidneys and remove any stones that can be reached. The surgery I had last summer took 90 minuets. I think this surgery will take this much time or more this time.

I have been ill for the last six weeks, and have only been involved with doctor appointments and four ER visits and family. I have given many activities a break, and this has included Christ Forums. Instead of being on the forum I have spent the time I would have been on the forum in reading Scripture. In this time I came to the conclusion that often the times I responded to topics that really had nothing to do with my or someone else growth as a Christian. For me as I reviewed my posts, as I often printed them off, were a waste of time. I also came to look at how I want to spend my time for the rest of what ever life God gibes me. I soon will be 74 and time for me with poor health, time seems like its flying by. I intend to continue post when my health improves, and when I post it will be on issues that have real spiritual and Scriptural value. I see that there are some who have so much deeper spiritual and Scriptural wisdom that myself, and I deeply respect their posts, over what I may have.made in the past. In the future when I make a post My desire is to give Scriptural support and Biblical wisdom.

In the meantime my surgery is April 3, at ten AM. You prayers are appreciated. God bless.

JustMike

• Praying 3

Origen
Staff

Will be praying for you Just Mike.  God bless.

• Like 1

Becky
Staff

Praying for ya  we old folks make a strong prayer team. 🙂 

• Like 1

TonyT

Praying for you Just Mike. I hope you get better soon.

Faber

Please keep us updated with your progress.

I am thankful that the Lord has touched your heart concerning certain spiritual areas of your life and how His name can be more glorified through your life.

GaoLu

I will pray for you Mike.  May God bless and heal you and give you peace. I am thankful for your spiritual focus and look forward to future posts soon.

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, Just Mike said:

For the last month I have been acutely ill. My kidneys became very infected with what appears with more kidney stones, one or more is stuck in my bladder and unable to pass.  Last summer I experienced something like this and after two surgeries the stones were removed, However there complications that changed my life. In 2003 I was treated for prostrate cancer with radiation. Over the years scar tissue grew on my sphincter muscle. In 2013 cancer had returned but it is slow growing. Last September the scar tissue on my sphincter had grown to where the sphincter muscle no longer functioned. After last September a catheter was needed to void urine. The problem kidney stones can not pass out of the bladder.  NOw the scar tissue has grown to where a catheter can barely enter the bladder. 

I have been on four different antibiotics in the last six weeks ant the infection is now gone.  Surgery is now required remove the scar tissue and go into the kidneys and remove any stones that can be reached. The surgery I had last summer took 90 minuets. I think this surgery will take this much time or more this time.

I have been ill for the last six weeks, and have only been involved with doctor appointments and four ER visits and family. I have given many activities a break, and this has included Christ Forums. Instead of being on the forum I have spent the time I would have been on the forum in reading Scripture. In this time I came to the conclusion that often the times I responded to topics that really had nothing to do with my or someone else growth as a Christian. For me as I reviewed my posts, as I often printed them off, were a waste of time. I also came to look at how I want to spend my time for the rest of what ever life God gibes me. I soon will be 74 and time for me with poor health, time seems like its flying by. I intend to continue post when my health improves, and when I post it will be on issues that have real spiritual and Scriptural value. I see that there are some who have so much deeper spiritual and Scriptural wisdom that myself, and I deeply respect their posts, over what I may have.made in the past. In the future when I make a post My desire is to give Scriptural support and Biblical wisdom.

In the meantime my surgery is April 3, at ten AM. You prayers are appreciated. God bless.

JustMike

Here's praying that everything will turn out alright . From reading your post I can assume that the treatments and having to use a catheter must be a terrible inconvenience. You have my prayers my friend.    M

Just Mike
On 4/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

ere's praying that everything will turn out alright . From reading your post I can assume that the treatments and having to use a catheter must be a terrible inconvenience. You have my prayers my friend.    M

Its amazing how God helps us adjust to whatever circumstances we find our selves in. Praise God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I am in the keeping Hands of Jesus Christ.

GaoLu

I have some time today and am praying for you.