The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Deidre

What's new? (Friendly chat thread)

Thought it'd be nice to have a chat thread where we can just stop in, and offer support, encouragement, or just say how our day is going. Let's not turn it into a debate thread. :)

I'll go first. I'm trying to get some work done, and feeling a little discouraged this week. But, I listened to an amazing pastor's sermon (Timothy Keller) about God's guidance, and how God wants us to become wise decision makers on our own, sometimes - and it has lifted my spirits. :)

Staff
1 minute ago, Deidre said:

Let's not turn it into a debate thread. 🙂

Totally agree .. 

Good to have our spirits raised . Often He will send the right words at just the right time ..  Please tell me a bit about your self.  What you feel is ok to post on line 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi Becky! Well, I'll be married two years this May, and we are trying to have a baby, now. I work full-time and have come back to faith a few years ago. I actually had left Christianity for a little while, and had a Holy Spirit experience that led me back. :) 

I think that whatever people are comfortable with posting, here. Not getting too personal or sharing personal info out in the open, is always wise, though. 

Staff

well hello! 🙂 I have been married 55 years last week. 2 kids 5 grand kids 2 great.  Born to a Pentecostal pastor one of 5 kids. The You Holy Spirit for holding on to Deidre .  I had a rebellious time back in the early 60s ..  My full time job now is retired yours? 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone experienced this, but I couldn't access this website for a few days? I kept getting an error message.

Congrats on your marriage, Becky! I'm in advertising, as my job. 🙂

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends so far. 

Staff

Seems we were lost in a cyber hole for a while.. 

WOW advertising ! that sounds exciting.  My best job outside of home was maintenance at water bottling plant. Building and machine. 

Please tell me you are not part of the geico make ya crazy crowd .. 🙂

I work for kind of a small company, so no lol!!

How's everyone's weekend going so far? Working on taxes today, and going to go out to dinner later with hubby. Wanting to try somewhere new, but we always end up at the same places we like. 😂

Baking cookies right now. I don't eat much sugar, but was feeling like something chocolatey tonight. 🙂

Staff

Telling us about cookies you better be sharing 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faber said:

How did your husband feel about your return to the Lord?

My husband and I were friends before we started dating. He was a witness to my journey from indifference to faith to turning back to it, when we were still friends. When we got married, I had already returned. He is a Christian, but not as open about it as I am. 

• Like 1

Staff
14 hours ago, Deidre said:

Not sure if anyone experienced this, but I couldn't access this website for a few days? I kept getting an error message.

Apparently we were under a "vicious attack" by a hacker according to our host. Our server was suspended until the nature of the attack was understood and additional security measures could be implemented.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Staff
12 hours ago, Deidre said:

My husband and I were friends before we started dating. He was a witness to my journey from indifference to faith to turning back to it, when we were still friends. When we got married, I had already returned. He is a Christian, but not as open about it as I am. 

That is a beautiful love story 💕💕

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@William Glad it has been sorted out. 

@Becky  Thank you, we think so 🙂 We were friends for a few years, and watched each other date all the wrong people. lol Then, one day he said we should date each other, what do you think? I was like, hmm, will this ruin the friendship if it doesn't work out? Well, if anything, our friendship is even stronger now that we are married. I came to find out he had a crush on me the whole time we were friends. haha

I watched my church's sermon online this morning, it was awesome. It talks about outward appearances and how we tend to only look skin deep when judging people. But, God looks at our hearts, as we should, because that's what matters most. 

Edited by Deidre
  • Like 1

Staff

How did the cookies turn out? 

Staff

I bake cookies and cakes .. Dont have the touch for bread or pie crust :( 

4 hours ago, Deidre said:

Delicious! 🙂 I don't bake much unless it's during the holidays, so they felt special. 

Hello Deidre.  Are you a member of AtheistForums?  I thought I saw you on there in the thread below:

Posted (edited)

@Faber  chocolate chip 🙂

@CDF47  Yea, I joined there when I left the faith and identified as an atheist. I've made friends there, and still post there sometimes. Are you a member there, too?

Correction, I just looked back at that thread, and see you on there. 🙂 lol You know, there are some great people on there. But, there will be a few who will debate you, depending on your approach. It was the first site I joined when I left Christianity, and Idk. I don't post as often anymore there, but I did make some nice friendships and even though they know I've gone back to believing, they still accept me for me. 

Edited by Deidre

1 hour ago, Deidre said:

@Faber  chocolate chip 🙂

@CDF47  Yea, I joined there when I left the faith and identified as an atheist. I've made friends there, and still post there sometimes. Are you a member there, too?

Correction, I just looked back at that thread, and see you on there. 🙂 lol You know, there are some great people on there. But, there will be a few who will debate you, depending on your approach. It was the first site I joined when I left Christianity, and Idk. I don't post as often anymore there, but I did make some nice friendships and even though they know I've gone back to believing, they still accept me for me. 

That's good to hear you turned back to the faith.  I see, you still have friends there.  That makes sense.  Most people there do not like me.  I don't know, maybe it is my approach.  We just debate endlessly.  The good news about the forum is the mods never banned me.  I was banned from TTA, another atheist forum, for no good reason at all.  They said I was proselytizing even though I was being asked religious questions and I was just answering them, LOL.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

That's good to hear you turned back to the faith.  I see, you still have friends there.  That makes sense.  Most people there do not like me.  I don't know, maybe it is my approach.  We just debate endlessly.  The good news about the forum is the mods never banned me.  I was banned from TTA, another atheist forum, for no good reason at all.  They said I was proselytizing even though I was being asked religious questions and I was just answering them, LOL.  

I'm happy to see that. I think it's a fun site, for the most part. I have gone through such a journey with my faith, from leaving Christianity, to exploring Buddhism to identifying as an atheist, etc. I'm grateful that Jesus led me back here. Hey, TTA forums are gone, did you know that? I used to be a member there too, and hadn't posted there in a while and noticed that the owner of that site removed the forums. I actually thought that site was mean to theists, to be honest. And they weren't very nice to me when they heard I went back to believing in God. It's weird how people take it so personally. lol 

Edited by Deidre

3 minutes ago, Deidre said:

I'm happy to see that. I think it's a fun site, for the most part. I have gone through such a journey with my faith, from leaving Christianity, to exploring Buddhism to identifying as an atheist, etc. I'm grateful that Jesus led me back here. Hey, TTA forums are gone, did you know that? I used to be a member there too, and hadn't posted there in a while and noticed that the owner of that site removed the forums. I actually thought that site was mean to theists, to be honest. 

Oh, I did not know that.  Yeah, they were very rude on that site.  I haven't been on there in years.  

2 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Oh, I did not know that.  Yeah, they were very rude on that site.  I haven't been on there in years.  

Yea, when I was active there a few years back, they were constantly banning theists, and ones who weren't doing anything wrong or breaking rules.

In other news, I had a good weekend, and sad that it's almost over. Does anyone here love Mondays?? 😅

1 minute ago, Deidre said:

Yea, when I was active there a few years back, they were constantly banning theists, and ones who weren't doing anything wrong or breaking rules.

In other news, I had a good weekend, and sad that it's almost over. Does anyone here love Mondays?? 😅

I am also not a fan of Mondays.

• Like 1