The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Origen

Poll Question: Will the temple be rebuilt?

Will the temple be rebuilt?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will the temple be rebuilt?

1 hour ago, Becky said:

Do you have the ability to read Matt Henry ? He says tons about every thing. What i got from a very quick scan  was the 70 ad destruction  Quick scan of Matt Henry does not do justice   to his works... 

The 70 AD destruction would make sense.  Sorry I was on my phone when I asked that and it would have been difficult to get to Matthew Henry at the time I posted.

2 hours ago, Becky said:

I am no fan of the RCC . Read how the Scriptures define or describe antichrist  to me the RCC does not fit the description 

Another point Jesus said .. Mat_24:15  When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 

Do you think Jesus was calling some part of the Vatican holy?  What do the mountains of Judea have to do with Italy?  

No, I think there is going to be an abomination (probably a statue) set up by the Catholics in or around the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. That is my thought about it.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deade said:

No, I think there is going to be an abomination (probably a statue) set up by the Catholics in or around the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. That is my thought about it.  :classic_smile:

That could be.  Something simple.  

Staff
8 hours ago, deade said:

How do your thoughts line up with what Jesus said?  For the record i believe the whole of Scripture to be the word of God I use the term Jesus said to indicate a quote of Him. 

11 hours ago, Becky said:

How do your thoughts line up with what Jesus said?  For the record i believe the whole of Scripture to be the word of God I use the term Jesus said to indicate a quote of Him. 

I am sorry, I posted an answer before I signed in. If you get an anon later that would be me. If this scripture is what you meant, I think my thoughts line up quite well.

Matt. 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)"   :RpS_thumbsup:

I say yes. But for me there is some uncertainty in saying yes. I admit I have not does what I call serious study on the possibility of the temple being rebuilt. 

Staff
On 3/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, Origen said:

It is a game dispensationalist often play.  I have already explain my thoughts on the matter.

You may call it whatever you like but that don't make it true.  You call it biblical.  I call it dispensational.  There are not even close to being the same thing.

It is what it is.

That is your opinion.  There is zero evidence that it is.

That type of thinking is were you make your error.   It is myopic.  It is not an either or proposition and consequently such thinking fails to understand apocalyptic writings within its literary context.

Don't you know numbers are used symbolically especially in apocalyptic literature?  That is simply a fact.

Nevertheless you claimed "we are talking to people who say there is no Millennium despite it being in Scripture."  That is patently false.  The fact that others have a different understand of the millennium (what it is and means) is does not even come close to suggesting that there is no millennium.  Your claim was a misrepresentation of the amillennialist view.  It is as simple as that.

Oh, the good ol' days. 

Staff

What temple?  This one? 

Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 
Joh 2:20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 
Joh 2:21  But he spake of the temple of his body. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1