The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Prayer request for my exodus out of California

Staff

Hello, 

After 3 years of planning I am moving! My PC is already boxed up and my internet ISP is scheduled to be disconnected. I plan to hit the road for the red state Idaho on the 28th. I will not be reconnected to the internet nor a functional website staff member until sometime in April. Please direct your support questions to other staff such as Becky and Origen. 

I ask for your prayers not only in safely migrating from Ca to Id but also in healing and mentally detoxing. I must say that I am bitter at the moment having lived in the heart of liberalism for near 8 years. The world around me is seen through darkly veiled eyes. My migration I hope will provide a fresh start and an environment which is friendly to our Christian worldview. Conservative politics and the Christian worldview are supposedly as complementary as Idaho mashed potatoes and gravy!

Please be aware that my limited participation is due to being limited to a mobile cellphone device. 

Thanks in advance for your prayers on behalf of my wife @Trysch and I.

God bless,

William 

• Like 4
  • Praying 4

Staff
1 hour ago, William said:

Please be aware that my limited participation

baby success GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Staff
36 minutes ago, Origen said:

baby success GIF

Oh, and please pray for remaining staff during my abscence. I already see Origen is toasting drinks in response to other members. My spidey sense says some partying might occur.

leonardo dicaprio cheers GIF

• Toast 1

Staff
6 minutes ago, William said:

Oh, and please pray for remaining staff during my abscence. I already see Origen is toasting drinks in response to other members.

randy epiphany GIF

• Haha 2

Best wishes to you and yours, @William .  I know moving out of California (to Texas) was a really good move for us, even though the area we were living was probably not as liberal as where you are moving from.

I pray the church you will be attending is as supportive as we have found ours to be.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:26 AM, William said:

Hello, 

After 3 years of planning I am moving! My PC is already boxed up and my internet ISP is scheduled to be disconnected. I plan to hit the road for the red state Idaho on the 28th. I will not be reconnected to the internet nor a functional website staff member until sometime in April. Please direct your support questions to other staff such as Becky and Origen. 

I ask for your prayers not only in safely migrating from Ca to Id but also in healing and mentally detoxing. I must say that I am bitter at the moment having lived in the heart of liberalism for near 8 years. The world around me is seen through darkly veiled eyes. My migration I hope will provide a fresh start and an environment which is friendly to our Christian worldview. Conservative politics and the Christian worldview are supposedly as complementary as Idaho mashed potatoes and gravy!

Please be aware that my limited participation is due to being limited to a mobile cellphone device. 

God bless,

William 

Yes, by all means you have my prayers for a safe journey and that God will give you the faith and courage to shed the unpleasant memories  that your present state has left you with. Are you going to pastor an established church ? Praying that you will have a willing and devout congregation to receive the Word of our Lord and His Truth as clearly written in the Holy Bible. It is amazing that we have such evidence for the biblical record all around us. I envision the dry and mountainous places in the western part of our country and can see the evidence of the Great Flood just by imagining what it must have looked like under water and now what it looks like as dry land. The evidence is clear . Its there . Again, prayers and thinking of you and your family.    M

• Love 1

On 3/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, William said:

Thanks in advance for your prayers on behalf of my wife @Trysch and I

(Numbers 6:24-26).

יְבָרֶכְךָ֥ יְהוָ֖ה וְיִשְׁמְרֶֽךָ
       יָאֵ֨ר יְהוָ֧ה׀ פָּנָ֛יו אֵלֶ֖יךָ וִֽיחֻנֶּֽךָּ
     יִשָּׂ֨א יְהוָ֤ה׀ פָּנָיו֙ אֵלֶ֔יךָ וְיָשֵׂ֥ם לְךָ֖ שָׁלֽוֹם

May it be that YHVH blesses you and protects you

May it be that YHVH causes His presences to shine upon you, in favour of you;

May it be that YHVH lifts up His presences upon you, and sets/establishes your peace.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Staff
Just now, Ben Asher said:

(Numbers 6:24-26).

יְבָרֶכְךָ֥ יְהוָ֖ה וְיִשְׁמְרֶֽךָ
       יָאֵ֨ר יְהוָ֧ה׀ פָּנָ֛יו אֵלֶ֖יךָ וִֽיחֻנֶּֽךָּ
     יִשָּׂ֨א יְהוָ֤ה׀ פָּנָיו֙ אֵלֶ֔יךָ וְיָשֵׂ֥ם לְךָ֖ שָׁלֽוֹם

May it be that YHVH blesses you and protects you

May it be that YHVH causes His presences to shine upon you, in favour of you;

May it be that YHVH lifts up His presences upon you, and sets/establishes your peace.

Thank you brother!

Staff

Arrived in Idaho! Time for a Hodown!!!

• Like 1
  • Praying 1
  • Wow 1

Staff

@William you woke up to fresh air .. 🙂 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:26 AM, William said:

Hello, 

God bless,

William 

William, have you made the move yet or are you still in the process of doing so ?

Staff

Thanks everyone (to those who prayed) for your prayers!

I arrived last Thursday in Nampa and today marks 1 week. I have finished unpacking and now await my internet connection Friday morning.

Moving is the worst. Or maybe unpacking. Packing might be worse, because you have to sort through stuff, purge and then pack. lol 

Glad to see you're nearly done? :)

• Like 1

I say we all pretend like we're moving, and then we'll get rid of all the unnecessary junk that we have been hoarding. 😅

• Like 1