The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Houston Public Library Apologizes For Allowing Sex Offender To Read To Kids During ‘Drag Queen Story Time’

By Evie Fordham -

elite media print fake stories

http://dailycaller.com/

Houston Public Library has banned a man who had been previously charged for sexually assaulting a child from reading to children at Drag Queen storytime.

The library apologized after failing to complete a background check on Albert Alfonso Garza, 32, who was last known to be reading to kids at the Montrose Library in September 2018, reported ABC 13 Friday.

Garza was charged with sex assault involving a child. Records show the victim was under the age of 14 in 2008.

The library blamed the failure to complete a background check on a volunteer.

The storytimes are supervised by staff, the library said according to ABC 13.

Houston Public Library issued the following statement:

We were made aware today that one participant for Drag Queen storytime who read at the September 29, 2018, Drag Queen Storytime has a criminal background that should have prevented him from participating in the program.

We assure you that this participant will not be involved in any future HPL programs.

In our review of our process and of this participant, we discovered that we failed to complete a background check as required by our own guidelines. We deeply regret this oversight and the concern this may cause our customers. We realize this is a serious matter.

Every program sponsored by HPL is supervised by HPL staff, and all children are accompanied by a parent and/or guardian. No participant is ever alone with children, and we have not received any complaints about any inappropriate behavior by participants at storytimes.

We are taking the appropriate action to ensure that the status of every participant in every program throughout our system is verified. We will continue to review our process to ensure that this cannot happen again.

Once again, we apologize for our failure to adhere to our own process in this matter and to the hundreds of parents and caregivers who have enjoyed this program with their children.

Drag queen story times are nothing new. For example, K-12 schools are bringing drag queens into the classroom to teach gender ideology.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Houston Public Library Apologizes For Allowing Sex Offender To Read To Kids During ‘Drag Queen Story Time’ is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

Staff

I can not believe this is real .. My mind just cant get it.  How sick is Texas? to allow drag queen story time .. Lord LORD heal our home land. 

Staff
3 hours ago, Becky said:

I can not believe this is real .. My mind just cant get it.  How sick is Texas? to allow drag queen story time .. Lord LORD heal our home land. 

When I was researching places to move, Texas was my number one initial thought of conservative places to move into. I was actually shocked to learn that Texas doesn't rank in the top ten for conservative states based on population. Cities like Houston make Texas undesirable to me.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, Becky said:

Houston was once the town  grew up in and was proud of.  During the eight years of government funded world travel something changed!  When I returned the huge town with better than a million bartering farm minded and farm ethic taught, good people, had been turned into perverts in a no boundaries, full blown NYC style City of perversion.

What Houston has become does not delight YHWH.

• Informative 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Staff
1 hour ago, Bill Taylor said:

Houston was once the town  grew up in and was proud of.  During the eight years of government funded world travel something changed!  When I returned the huge town with better than a million bartering farm minded and farm ethic taught, good people, had been turned into perverts in a no boundaries, full blown NYC style City of perversion.

What Houston has become does not delight YHWH.

Gee Bill tell us what ya really think.   It sad to see the corruption. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, Becky said:

Gee Bill tell us what ya really think.   It sad to see the corruption. 

LOL!  Well I must be careful, I've been banned from more "Christian" web sites than I have fingers and if I run out of toes... this old hillbilly will be unable to keep track any more.

• Like 1

Staff
3 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

LOL!  Well I must be careful, I've been banned from more "Christian" web sites than I have fingers and if I run out of toes... this old hillbilly will be unable to keep track any more.

Hillbilly? I thought you were from Texas? Know what the difference is between a Texan and a hillbilly? Texans ride horses and hillbillys ride cousins. 

When I was stationed in Texas for Basic training the T.I.s would say to Texans, "only two kinds come from out of Texas. Steers and queers and you don't look much like a steer to me boy". 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

14 hours ago, William said:

Hillbilly? I thought you were from Texas? Know what the difference is between a Texan and a hillbilly? Texans ride horses and hillbillys ride cousins. 

When I was stationed in Texas for Basic training the T.I.s would say to Texans, "only two kinds come from out of Texas. Steers and queers and you don't look much like a steer to me boy". 

I trained in Arkansas with the Kentucky 100th and the, just graduated, Texas Ranger, drafted on the day of his ceremony caught hell for all eight of our eight weeks of Basic.  He laughed at them and I shrugged my shoulders, my dad was all military and the Texas Ranger challenged and demonstrated that anyone without an Army Ranger or higher Tab were Piss Ants.  It was fun to watch.