The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Op-Ed: The Key To Stopping Mass Shootings Is To Pass Sensible Legislation Against Thoughts And Prayers

article-3872-1-thumb.jpg

I’ve noticed something. With every mass shooting, there are thoughts and prayers. That’s a correlation -- a science word that means “one caused the other.”

The post Op-Ed: The Key To Stopping Mass Shootings Is To Pass Sensible Legislation Against Thoughts And Prayers appeared first on The Babylon Bee.

View the original full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Nation Unsurprised As Ocasio-Cortez Comes Out Against Thoughts

U.S.—The nation was unsurprised as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quickly commented on the recent tragedy in New Zealand, coming out against the concept of thoughts, and also prayers. The post Nation Unsurprised As Ocasio-Cortez Comes Out Against Thoughts appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Thoughts on the Reformed Faith?

Hello everyone! Firstly, I would like to start out by saying that I am glad to be here! I really hope that I can have some civil, thoughtful, Scripture-filled discussion with people from all different denominations!    So, I am posting this topic to get a general idea of what you think of the Reformed faith. I am currently a member of another site like this one, where I was not very well accepted, to the point that I was told by another site member I needed to "just take my Calvinism a

in General Faith

• ‘This Country Has Gone To Hell’: Mass Looting Plagues Venezuela Amid Power Crisis

By Tim Pearce - Desperate looters have all but emptied stores and warehouses across western Venezuela as large parts of the country remain without power more than a week after a mass blackout. The mobs overwhelmed Venezuela’s security forces, breaking into buildings and stealing cars, trucks and equipment. Hundreds of businesses in the Venezuelan oil capital of Maracaibo were emptied and left in shambles. Looters broke through the cinder-block walls of a Pepsi plant and took thousands o

in Political Conservative News

• Snopes Gets Key Facts Wrong On Ocasio-Cortez Campaign Finance Scandal

By Andrew Kerr - The left-leaning fact-checking website Snopes butchered facts about a PAC controlled by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her top aide in a story published Thursday. Ocasio-Cortez and Saikat Chakrabarti, her former campaign chair and current chief of staff, obtained majority control of Justice Democrats in December 2017. The PAC, which had raised more than $1.8 million before her June 2018 primary, has been widely credited with manufacturing her upset victory ove

in Political Conservative News

• Party Adamantly Opposed To Hate Struggles To Pass Resolution Condemning Hate

WASHINGTON, D.C.—The party of love and tolerance which is adamantly opposed to hatred in all its forms struggled mightily before finally passing a resolution that vaguely condemns hate, sources confirmed Thursday. The post Party Adamantly Opposed To Hate Struggles To Pass Resolution Condemning Hate appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire