The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
michaelnick

do you believe in miracles

Staff

The most honest answer i can give is 'sometimes'.  

• Like 1

Staff
30 minutes ago, michaelnick said:

I was just wondering if you believe in miracles because I was blessed with a miracle but when I tell people about it they don't believe me .

Everytime someone is brought to salvation. I consider the very act of God in monergism which goes against human nature to be a miracle.

• Like 1

Staff
40 minutes ago, Faber said:

In view of my sins, the very next breath I take is a miracle.

It is a wonder why each night God doesn't take us sinners in our sleep. Every morning is another day in grace Matthew 5:45.

• Like 1

I think of other things as well.

How many times have I looked in lust, but I can still see.

How many times I allowed my ears to listen to dirty jokes or vanity, but I can still hear.

How many times I have used my hands in wickedness, but they still function.

So yes, there are countless miracles. I think too often that we (myself included) look what we would consider huge or loud from God that would get our attention, but let us not ignore His continual whisper of something beautiful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelnick said:

I was just wondering if you believe in miracles because I was blessed with a miracle but when I tell people about it they don't believe me .

Hello Michael,

Welcome to ChristForums.

What was the miracle you were blessed with?

Thanks

Faber

a great miracle has been given unto me. I have seen the spirit of the lord I beheld the heavens open up and the church of God come down from heaven. I stood in the Lord's presence, I am a living witness God has chosen me to see great wonders that only the prophets themselves have seen, I saw the spirit coming down with great bolts of lightning flashing all around him and when the lightning subsided I beheld the Lord's spirit come forth and I could see what he was wearing he was covered in living vibrating atoms even his clothes came alive .than the spirit began to lay hands on the people in the church that's where this miracle happened and there were many other spirits laying hands on the people .i have much more to tell you if you want me to continue.

Staff
5 hours ago, michaelnick said:

when I tell people about it they don't believe me .

I can see why.

• Like 1
  • Toast 1

Staff
4 hours ago, michaelnick said:

a great miracle has been given unto me. I have seen the spirit of the lord I beheld the heavens open up and the church of God come down from heaven. I stood in the Lord's presence, I am a living witness God has chosen me to see great wonders that only the prophets themselves have seen, I saw the spirit coming down with great bolts of lightning flashing all around him and when the lightning subsided I beheld the Lord's spirit come forth and I could see what he was wearing he was covered in living vibrating atoms even his clothes came alive .than the spirit began to lay hands on the people in the church that's where this miracle happened and there were many other spirits laying hands on the people .i have much more to tell you if you want me to continue.

I've always wanted to ask the author of Revelation whether we should understand his vision as literalistical or symbolical? Hope you don't mind if I forward the question to you?

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, michaelnick said:

I cannot help but believe in miracles because I am living proof of being one. Yes, salvation is that miracle I have to bring my thoughts back to ever since it happened in 1967 . There are subsequent miracles that have occurred over the years . But having the assurance of knowing God and the grace He poured out upon me is the greatest miracle of all .    M

• Like 1

20 hours ago, William said:

I've always wanted to ask the author of Revelation whether we should understand his vision as literalistical or symbolical? Hope you don't mind if I forward the question to you?

@William No offence but the gentleman sounds like he had a Kenneth Copeland experience. Humm,,,    M