SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
JohnLove

Is your church condemned also?

Jason T V

Satan is no longer a threat to any Christian, spiritually.

Edited by Jason T V

Jason T V

If God is willing, Satan can indeed klll the body.

JohnLove
Satan is no longer a threat to any Christian

How wrong you are.

(2 Corinthians 12:7) “Wherefore, so that I should not get above myself, I was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger from Satan to batter me and prevent me from getting above myself.”

Notice a messenger from Satan to give Paul pain. Satan’s messengers gave me much pain for years.

(1Thessalonians 2: 18) “and we tried hard to come and visit you; I, Paul, tried more than once, but Satan prevented us.”

Satan prevented Paul from doing what he wanted to do.

People don’t understand that Satan is the ruler of this world.

Jason T V

In the final analysis John, he is NO THREAT DO YOU GET IT???????????!!!

Jason T V

Of course Satans going to seek out an Apostle who is spreading the Gospel anew. The church was young and had for all intensive purposes remained within Israel until the martyrdom of Stephen, which caused another diaspora. It is persecution that has always spread the Gospel and will continue till the end.

Edited by Jason T V

JohnLove
Of course Satans going to seek out an Apostle who is spreading the Gospel anew.

If Satan can do it to an apostle then he can do it to anyone. He sure has me.

Jason T V

Like I said before, he may kill the body if God allows it, but he has no claim over the soul of a believer. And just to be clear, we are not talking about Satan endwelling a Christian while at the same time The Holy Spirit endwells a Christian. One cancels out the other. "Because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4 The Christian is called to "resist the devil and he will flee." Not to cast them out.

Edited by Jason T V

JohnLove
Like I said before, he may kill the body if God allows it, but he has no claim over the soul of a believer. And just to be clear, we are not talking about Satan endwelling a Christian while at the same time The Holy Spirit endwells a Christian. One cancels out the other. "Because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4 The Christian is called to "resist the devil and he will flee." Not to cast them out.

I never said anything about Satan having possession.

Also I don’t believe that a sinner has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit either.

A sinner is of the devil, and is not a home of God.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

A sinner does not love God, and is not keeping God’s Word.

Jason T V

I never said anything about Satan having possession.

Also I don’t believe that a sinner has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit either.

A sinner is of the devil, and is not a home of God.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

A sinner does not love God, and is not keeping God’s Word.

Yes I'm fully aware of your "beliefs". Take care John.

JohnLove

Yes I'm fully aware of your "beliefs". Take care John.

Are you also aware that my beliefs can and are confirmed by scripture?

Can anyone refute my post by using the written Word of God?

Stratcat

Paul called himself a sinner, of whom he is chief. He was a saved apostle when he said that. John wrote that any man who says they are not a sinner is a liar and the love of the Father is not in them. Jesus forgives us of all our sins, past present, and future, but we still sin... all of us, including you, John L. Bee bid duh-bee-bidduh-bee uh, that's all, folks!

JohnLove
Paul called himself a sinner, of whom he is chief. He was a saved apostle when he said that. John wrote that any man who says they are not a sinner is a liar and the love of the Father is not in them. Jesus forgives us of all our sins, past present, and future, but we still sin... all of us, including you, John L. Bee bid duh-bee-bidduh-bee uh, that's all, folks!

Yes sinners are so desperate to believe that everyone sins, no matter if he or she are being led by Jesus/Holy Spirit that they will even make an assumption that Peter and Paul still sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit.

To be consistent with scripture, and believe Paul, and Peter sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit, people would need to believe Paul and Perter were not yet Children of God.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God”

People’s assumption that the people Peter picked to eat lunch with was a deliberate rebellion against Jesus Christ his Lord and God, is done even though it makes the bible contradict its self.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Paul tells us no one can judge a spiritual man.

(1 Corinthians 2:15) “A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.”

Romans seven has Paul telling us that before one has been given the Holy Spirit to teach and give one the grace to be righteous, it was next to impossible.

If this is not true, then Paul had to have been given the revelation on how God made it possible for us to live without sin, between the time it took to write Romans seven, and Romans eight.

In Romans eight Paul tells us how God made it possible for one to never sin again.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

(Romans 8: 4-5) “This was so that the Law's requirements might be fully satisfied in us as we direct our lives not by our natural inclinations but by the Spirit.”

You are wrong about Paul and Peter sinning after becoming children of God.

Cornelius

Do you think the Apostle Paul, after he met Jesus on the road, wasn't just a sinner but was the chief of sinners? The man who kept the law so as to not cause anyone to stumble, who suffered intense persecution, who wrote most of the books of the NT, and became a martyr was practicing Hitler-esque sins while a Christian? Do you really believe that?

Paul says, "formerly I was a [sinner]" (1Tim1:13). Note the past-tense grammar!

Paul says, "I am the foremost [sinner]" (v15). Yes, that's current-tense. Paul is using the present tense as an exclamation of a past condition. Paul is using the exact same grammar as found in 1John4:2, "Jesus is come" (KJV), present tense, as found in the Greek manuscripts. Most modern Bible change the grammar to "Jesus has come", past tense. To be consistent, they should have Paul saying "I was the foremost [sinner]."

`1John1:8, if we say we have no sin we lie, I think it means non-Christians. It's not present tense, it's aorist tense, meaning the verse has no regard for when we have/had sin, so it does not mean we have sin now. The message is that we need Christ, not that Christians sin. Anyone who says he doesn't sin (and so doesn't need Christ) is a liar. Both the verses before and after that says Christ cleanses us of all sin. If we have been cleansed of all sin, how do we have sin? And then the following verse uses past tense grammar "If we say we have not sinned" rather than "if we say we do not sin."

JohnLove

Do you think the Apostle Paul, after he met Jesus on the road, wasn't just a sinner but was the chief of sinners? The man who kept the law so as to not cause anyone to stumble, who suffered intense persecution, who wrote most of the books of the NT, and became a martyr was practicing Hitler-esque sins while a Christian? Do you really believe that?

Paul says, "formerly I was a [sinner]" (1Tim1:13). Note the past-tense grammar!

Paul says, "I am the foremost [sinner]" (v15). Yes, that's current-tense. Paul is using the present tense as an exclamation of a past condition. Paul is using the exact same grammar as found in 1John4:2, "Jesus is come" (KJV), present tense, as found in the Greek manuscripts. Most modern Bible change the grammar to "Jesus has come", past tense. To be consistent, they should have Paul saying "I was the foremost [sinner]."

`1John1:8, if we say we have no sin we lie, I think it means non-Christians. It's not present tense, it's aorist tense, meaning the verse has no regard for when we have/had sin, so it does not mean we have sin now. The message is that we need Christ, not that Christians sin. Anyone who says he doesn't sin (and so doesn't need Christ) is a liar. Both the verses before and after that says Christ cleanses us of all sin. If we have been cleansed of all sin, how do we have sin? And then the following verse uses past tense grammar "If we say we have not sinned" rather than "if we say we do not sin."

Yes and do you believe your understanding of the part of John’s letter that you quoted means that John did not mean the following in his letter?

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God.”

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.”

Read the scripture below, because you obviously don’t understand first John’s letter.

(1 John 1: 8-10)If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless?

Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Stratcat

1 Timothy 1:15 is in present tense, "of whom I am chief." I am not going to beat a dead horse. We are sinners, constantly being forgiven for our sins, as the Devil is our chief accuser, constantly going before God accusing us, and Jesus being the propitiation for all our sins. We sin, then are forgiven. Sorry John L, your theory doesn't wash. I mean to believe all of what the Bible says, not just the parts I want to believe. This is how we believe in the truth. It is not even as if we haven't sinned, as when we as believers sin, it it burned up works as hay, wood, and stubble. Our works count for reward, and for the lost, their degree of damnation according to all their works. I covered this already and it was ignored. Too much pride in this topic anyway.

JohnLove
1 Timothy 1:15 is in present tense, "of whom I am chief." I am not going to beat a dead horse. We are sinners, constantly being forgiven for our sins, as the Devil is our chief accuser, constantly going before God accusing us, and Jesus being the propitiation for all our sins. We sin, then are forgiven. Sorry John L, your theory doesn't wash. I mean to believe all of what the Bible says, not just the parts I want to believe. This is how we believe in the truth. It is not even as if we haven't sinned, as when we as believers sin, it it burned up works as hay, wood, and stubble. Our works count for reward, and for the lost, their degree of damnation according to all their works. I covered this already and it was ignored. Too much pride in this topic anyway.

The following speaks to those who want to believe Spiritual Christian still sin.

Yes sinners are so desperate to believe that everyone sins, no matter if he or she are being led by Jesus/Holy Spirit that they will even make an assumption that Peter and Paul still sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit.

To be consistent with scripture, and believe Paul, and Peter sinned after receiving the Holy Spirit, people would need to believe Paul and Perter were not yet Children of God.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God”

People’s assumption that the people Peter picked to eat lunch with was a deliberate rebellion against Jesus Christ his Lord and God, is done even though it makes the bible contradict its self.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Paul tells us no one can judge a spiritual man.

(1 Corinthians 2:15) “A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men.”

Romans seven has Paul telling us that before one has been given the Holy Spirit to teach and give one the grace to be righteous, it was next to impossible.

If this is not true, then Paul had to have been given the revelation on how God made it possible for us to live without sin, between the time it took to write Romans seven, and Romans eight.

In Romans eight Paul tells us how God made it possible for one to never sin again.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

(Romans 8: 4-5) “This was so that the Law's requirements might be fully satisfied in us as we direct our lives not by our natural inclinations but by the Spirit.”

This same Paul that wrote the following scripture.

(Romans 6: 11) “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. ... “

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Romans 8:12-13) “So then, my brothers, there is no necessity for us to obey our unspiritual selves or to live unspiritual lives. If you do live in that way, you are doomed to die; but if by the Spirit you put an end to the misdeeds of the body you will live.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

If you believe Paul and Peter were given the knowledge of the truth, and deliberately sinned, after receiving the knowledge of the truth, then you believe they were condemned.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Stratcat

You ignored my verse, which was actually your verse from a different Bible. Address one thing at a time, please.

William
Staff
Paul called himself a sinner, of whom he is chief.

I believe Paul had a more thorough understanding of the Law than most could fathom (Pharisee of Pharisees). With that in mind came an increased awareness of not only the Law, but himself in relation to it. If anything can be said, the perfectionism view says little about a person's knowledge, and understanding of the Law, and especially speaks against an awareness in relation to it.

Furthermore, these replies by Johnlove are repetitious from one forum to another. None of the other forums were able to convince Johnlove otherwise.....

God bless,

William

William
Staff

Interesting, I suppose I understand that John was speaking of a heretical belief from secessionists and stating false arguments (Johnlove is trying to justify the heretical arugments) made by them to the actual body of believers. They made Christians doubt and ask themselves whether they truly knew God. The heretics then as well as now have tried the same.

John speaking of a particular audience while addressing the body of believers is nothing new, and consistent with his writings. From Gnostics to Secessionist.

God bless,

William

JohnLove

Interesting, I suppose I understand that John was speaking of a heretical belief from secessionists and stating false arguments (Johnlove is trying to justify the heretical arugments) made by them to the actual body of believers. They made Christians doubt and ask themselves whether they truly knew God. The heretics then as well as now have tried the same.

John speaking of a particular audience while addressing the body of believers is nothing new, and consistent with his writings. From Gnostics to Secessionist.

God bless,

William

John letter was written to a community of Christians. Beginning with infants in Christ to the Spiritual Christians.

The Holy Spirit placed Apostle John’s letter in the bible to give us direction.

The Holy Spirit did not need to give us a history lesson.

The Bible is God’s written Word, and not God’s history book.

JohnLove
It is the book of Jesus Christ, spiritual and historical.

Is that true?

Prove that John’s letter is just addressing someone other than the readers of God’s Written Word.

People need who still sin need to have some way to be able to disregard John’s letter.

Yes such people will do most anything to be able to feel righteous even though they are of the devil.

Notice it is scripture that tells us a sinner is evil as the devil is evil.

I am not insulting anyone by saying a sinner is evil.