The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Some American Colleges Are Teaching Students to 'Queer' the Bible

An increasing number of colleges and universities in the United States are training college students to read the Bible from an LGBT perspective. The details of these courses became public through the Young America Foundation’s annual report on the state of college education in America.

View the full article

Staff

Well meaning Christian people sat back doing nothing about this government a good generation ago. They were looking to the messiah for deliverance. Sound  familiar? The Jewish Nation 2000 years ago let the Deliverer slip by. They also were looking for escape they refused to accept the Truth of Christ.  We are too occupy , let our light shine, boldly declare the Gospel sadly so many of us hide in the supposed safety of Sunday Morning church.   Christian adults removed them selves form public service , thinking it was the correct thing to do, yet today we send our children out to be the salt. How cowardly of us. 

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 
Eph 6:19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 

Ever ask why so much of Scripture is war like ? We have accepted the dulling of our Sword. The softing of the Breastplate of His righteousness. Not grasping the power of His Truth, exchanging the boots of the gospel for cozy slippers as to not offend. Filling our heads with worldly knowledge until the helmet of Salvation no longer fits. 

2Ch_7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land,

Many of us will read the above verse telling ourselves this is not for us this was for the Children of Israel .. Are we not Abraham's children

Gal_3:29  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. 

Persecution in history has been a boot camp for Christians. Can we learn from history or are we doomed to repeat it? 

Staff

I think what these colleges are attempting to do is to get people to experience "blood guilt". So many sins were punishable by death in the OT and when Israel was instructed to execute criminals for certain crimes they were told that no blood guilt should be upon their heads.

Obviously, these colleges disagree. In essence, they are queering down students during a process of empathy. Instead of having a clear conscience in opposing the LGBT~Q movement they are trying to convict people's conscience for siding with God's divine justice.

Instead of tackling, as you stated David Taylor the reason for such a divine decree in a theonomy they're being taught to align with an opposition of a theonomy.

• Like 2

Staff
12 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Read from an LGBT perspective? Good grief. The only perspective you can read from is the original author to the original audience.

Re-reading who are you saying is the original audience? 

The only area I have heard of that could be viewed from a homosexual slant is the relationship between David and Jonathan, but as we know this is complete bunk as both men had multiple wives and many children.

The devil will try to pervert anything he can get his hands on.

• Like 1

Staff

7 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Depends on what part of the Bible you are talking about.

It was not me who brought up dispensationalism this time ! 🙂 

• Confused 1

Staff

Thanks for the laugh @davidtaylorjr :classic_laugh:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Becky said:

Thanks for the laugh @davidtaylorjr :classic_laugh:

I'm serious, reading it from the perspective of the original audience (which is not the same throughout Scripture) has nothing to do with Dispensational Theology. Covenant Theologians follow that as well.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, News Feeder said:

An increasing number of colleges and universities in the United States are training college students to read the Bible from an LGBT perspective.

Psalm 74:23

The tumult of those that rise up against Thee increaseth continually. (KJV)

Further evidence of the resurrection of Sodom & Gomorrah's many sins. 
These people aren't Queering the Bible. They're insuring they are damned for eternity as unrepentant deluded queers.